Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

can anyone explain what qanon is?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Shot and miss again.   I've already seen this one.   It's the ridiculous survey that came out saying that "1 in 4 Republicans believe in Qanon".     I bet you didn't even look at the source material.  If you did you'll see that the questions they ask are very strangely worded.   They also have a weird religious slant to them.   And I bet you didn't look up what "PRRI" stands for ("Public Religion Research Institute").    I can't go back and listen to how they asked the questions.   However I will say that if you identify yourself as someone from "Public Religion Research" then you are going to over sample religious people and if you slant the questions with religious tones then you will really over sample that group.  

Trash survey, trash results.   Keep trying.   

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

"In March 2019, QAnon believer Anthony Comello shot Francesco Cali, a leader of the Gambino crime family, because Comello thought Cali was a member of the “deep state.”

Just one line from that piece.   The rest is equal trash.    Yah "a leader of the Gambino crime family" was gunned down because of Q.     Really???   Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.   

Just now, Masshole said:

"In March 2019, QAnon believer Anthony Comello shot Francesco Cali, a leader of the Gambino crime family, because Comello thought Cali was a member of the “deep state.”

Just one line from that piece.   The rest is equal trash.    Yah "a leader of the Gambino crime family" was gunned down because of Q.     Really???   Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.   

My lord.  I guess they are calling turncoat informant rats “deep state” now. I didn’t know Iowans were this gullible. 

Says the people who can’t seem to understand that they are the other side of the same coin. Grouping the wacky fringe liberals in with everyone on the left. 🤣

And you can all protest all you want about not knowing who or what Qanon is, but the fact that it seeped into/and was amplified by the right wing media and the former guy himself, shows just how prevalent it was. You might not have followed it directly, but you were receiving the message whether you knew it or not. For fock’s sake we have/had a handful of the really nutty ones here-including Drobeski himself. If this place is that lightly trafficked… You do the math.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is the fact that there was rampant fraud in the election considered a “bizzare theory”?  Count me in then. 

See, this is why I get frustrated with the right fringe.

I completely agree with the premise that our government is evil. They lie, they steal, they kill. I believe that Americans, regardless of party affiliation,  should be absolutely furious at our pathetic corrupt shell of a government. I believe if we don't fix it soon, the nation is doomed to fail.

The qanon types running around spouting ridiculous bullsh!t theories with zero proof whatsoever just make people who have LEGITIMATE grievances with the government (everyone) look crazy.

Same goes for blm and antifa really. 

And that's what we are now. Two lunatic fringes that are largely despised by the majority are pretty much running the show. 

I'm seeing a lot of blowback here on qanon.  Is this because you don't believe it's a thing or you just think it's being overblown?  I've just been sharing the info because I've heard of it and I know others who have heard it.  I don't honestly know anyone who really believes these qanon theories but I've heard them brought up before.

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It seems millions of people are and the ones who believe the theories are a majority of Trump supporters.  Looks like they go hand in hand.

Beats me. I don't even know what the theories are. How was that measured that Trump supporters are the ones that believe in those items many of us don't know about?

I'm seeing a lot of blowback here on qanon.  Is this because you don't believe it's a thing or you just think it's being overblown?  I've just been sharing the info because I've heard of it and I know others who have heard it.  I don't honestly know anyone who really believes these qanon theories but I've heard them brought up before.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just don't know what it is and the only references that I ever hear about it come from the liberal base. Are the conservatives trying to keep it a secret?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Beats me. I don't even know what the theories are. How was that measured that Trump supporters are the ones that believe in those items many of us don't know about?

These theories are generally spread by pro-Trump groups on social media and far right sites.  Whether they are legit Trump supporters or not, I can't prove.  The average person most likely does not believe any of this crap.

If you're curious what the theories are then just read some of the links I posted.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just don't know what it is and the only references that I ever hear about it come from the liberal base. Are the conservatives trying to keep it a secret?

I know many people on the wacko right fringe to varrying degrees. Never heard a single one mention qanon. 

It amuses me. According to liberals, antifa isn't even an organization. It's an idea.

Qanon, on the other hand, is real, and all conservatives get their orders from it.

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I know many people on the wacko right fringe to varrying degrees. Never heard a single one mention qanon. 

It amuses me. According to liberals, antifa isn't even an organization. It's an idea.

Qanon, on the other hand, is real, and all conservatives get their orders from it.

I don't think many ever mention qanon but I think they have heard some of the theories started by qanon though.  Do any of those people you know believe in some theories that you think are strange?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

These theories are generally spread by pro-Trump groups on social media and far right sites.  Whether they are legit Trump supporters or not, I can't prove.  The average person most likely does not believe any of this crap.

If you're curious what the theories are then just read some of the links I posted.

I guess this place is as about as much social media I participate in. Sometimes I'll post here a twitter mention if it's in an article I come across, but, that's about it. I kind of like talk radio the most of all things but only in the car. Lot of NFL talk, fantasy football radio, some comedy, some news etc. I can't remember the last time I turned on ABC, NBC, CNN, Fox, CBS, etc. on television unless it's either for football or some special event. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think many ever mention qanon but I think they have heard some of the theories started by qanon though.  Do any of those people you know believe in some theories that you think are strange?

Oh of course. I'm from Tennessee. Half the people I know, including family, are focking nuts. 

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That's kind of what I hear.  I only first heard of antifa because of all the videos that played about them dressing up all in black clothes and harassing motorists and such. And then people came out and said they are with antifa. Even some extreme liberal radio stations they mention them but only in a good light because they are "anti facist". 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I guess this place is as about as much social media I participate in. Sometimes I'll post here a twitter mention if it's in an article I come across, but, that's about it. I kind of like talk radio the most of all things but only in the car. Lot of NFL talk, fantasy football radio, some comedy, some news etc. I can't remember the last time I turned on ABC, NBC, CNN, Fox, CBS, etc. on television unless it's either for football or some special event. 

I follow a lot of groups on Facebook that involve fishing, the outdoors, homesteading and off grid living.  These groups are populated by a majority of conservative people and a decent amount of them are pretty fringe right, especially the off grid living groups.  These people spread memes and quotes from qanon type groups daily.  I see it all the time on Facebook.  I know that I'm seeing a small percentage of people in these groups but there are plenty more like them out there.

I follow a lot of groups on Facebook that involve fishing, the outdoors, homesteading and off grid living.  These groups are populated by a majority of conservative people and a decent amount of them are pretty fringe right, especially the off grid living groups.  These people spread memes and quotes from qanon type groups daily.  I see it all the time on Facebook.  I know that I'm seeing a small percentage of people in these groups but there are plenty more like them out there.

See, that's the difference.

The righty fringe sh!t is fairly deeply hidden crackpots on Facebook or wherever. 

The left wing fringe sh!t is actively being enacted into law.

Makes ones vote easy. 

39 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

See, this is why I get frustrated with the right fringe.

I completely agree with the premise that our government is evil. They lie, they steal, they kill. I believe that Americans, regardless of party affiliation,  should be absolutely furious at our pathetic corrupt shell of a government. I believe if we don't fix it soon, the nation is doomed to fail.

The qanon types running around spouting ridiculous bullsh!t theories with zero proof whatsoever just make people who have LEGITIMATE grievances with the government (everyone) look crazy.

Same goes for blm and antifa really. 

And that's what we are now. Two lunatic fringes that are largely despised by the majority are pretty much running the show. 

No proof? Wow. No incredible statistical anomalies, that go against all logic? You’re not paying attention. Q didn’t tell me there were fraud, and neither did Trump. My experience in witnessing it and looking for myself did. Biden was losing six swing states. Voting was stopped at that point. He rebounded to win all of them. Huge ballot dumps, 90 pct and up for Biden. That’s just one aspect. Thousands of affidavits signed under the threat of perjury.  Was the fraud enough to win the election? Probably not.  8 million votes is a lot. I don’t care if Trump is reinstated.  I don’t even want that. He’s not worth it. But to say there wasn’t fraud in all the right places is the real crazy conspiracy.  I don’t even know if that’s one of Q’s conspiracy theories. Is it? 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

No proof? Wow. No incredible statistical anomalies, that go against all logic? You’re not paying attention. Q didn’t tell me there were fraud, and neither did Trump. My experience in witnessing it and looking for myself did. Biden was losing six swing states. Voting was stopped at that point. He rebounded to win all of them. That’s just one aspect. Thousands of affidavits signed under the threat of perjury.  Was the fraud enough to win the election? Probably not.  10 million votes is a lot. I don’t care if Trump is reinstated.  I don’t even want that. He’s not worth it. But to say there wasn’t fraud in all the right places is the real crazy conspiracy.  I don’t even know if that’s one of Q’s conspiracy theories. Is it? 

I was more referring to stuff like sandy hook and parkland.

No, I think there was rampant fraud too, and the fact that the dems are desperate to block any effort to safeguard our elections confirms it in my mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I was more referring to stuff like sandy hook and parkland.

No, I think there was rampant fraud too, and the fact that the dems are desperate to block any effort to safeguard our elections confirms it in my mind. 

The Sandy hook type stuff infuriates me. Those focks should be stomped in the face. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

See, that's the difference.

The righty fringe sh!t is fairly deeply hidden.

The left wing fringe sh!t is actively being enacted into law.

Makes ones vote easy. 

All you have to do is look at the actions over the past year. The capital selfie fest was the worst things the right has done. Sure some people got hurt and people are getting severely punished for it, but it's not even close of a comparison to the blm/antifa riots last year where the now vice president set up funding to bail those people out. And yet, the government is spending time and money on trying to get to the bottom of this "insurrection" while they cried all last summer that everything was mostly peaceful. And nasty pelosi is handpicking who she wants in those meetings. Those are real actions the government is taking. And in case of the riots, not taking.

Defund the police actually happened, look how that turned out.

MLB took the all star game from Georgia because they put in voting laws less stringent than creepy joe's home state has in place. That had very negative impacts on people.

The list is endless.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

All you have to do is look at the actions over the past year. The capital selfie fest was the worst things the right has done. Sure some people got hurt and people are getting severely punished for it, but it's not even close of a comparison to the blm/antifa riots last year where the now vice president set up funding to bail those people out. And yet, the government is spending time and money on trying to get to the bottom of this "insurrection" while they cried all last summer that everything was mostly peaceful. And nasty pelosi is handpicking who she wants in those meetings. Those are real actions the government is taking. And in case of the riots, not taking.

Defund the police actually happened, look how that turned out.

MLB took the all star game from Georgia because they put in voting laws less stringent than creepy joe's home state has in place. That had very negative impacts on people.

The list is endless.

I think Atlanta should kick the braves out of the state. Fock MLB. 

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think Atlanta should kick the braves out of the state. Fock MLB. 

Agreed. That was a really shltty move and really turned me sour on baseball. It affected a lot of businesses and individuals livelihoods. City businesses plan out for those months long in advance.

I wasn't sure what the Sandy Hook theories were so I looked them up. This is one thing I read:

"A number of fringe figures have promoted conspiracy theories that doubt or dispute what occurred at Sandy Hook. Various conspiracy theorists have claimed, for example, that the massacre was actually orchestrated by the U.S. government as part of an elaborate plot to promote stricter gun control laws."

Never heard that one. Wouldn't believe it on not believe it. I know nothing about it. Doesn't rile me up in the least because I didn't hear anyone actually reference it in any way at all.  :dunno:

Now if you ask me if presidents or other government officials have killed off people to keep them from telling some truths, I would believe that has happened many times over many years, but I personally couldn't prove any of it. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Agreed. That was a really shltty move and really turned me sour on baseball. It affected a lot of businesses and individuals livelihoods. City businesses plan out for those months long in advance.

I wasn't sure what the Sandy Hook theories were so I looked them up. This is one thing I read:

"A number of fringe figures have promoted conspiracy theories that doubt or dispute what occurred at Sandy Hook. Various conspiracy theorists have claimed, for example, that the massacre was actually orchestrated by the U.S. government as part of an elaborate plot to promote stricter gun control laws."

Never heard that one. Wouldn't believe it on not believe it. I know nothing about it. Doesn't rile me up in the least because I didn't hear anyone actually reference it in any way at all.  :dunno:

Now if you ask me if presidents or other government officials have killed off people to keep them from telling some truths, I would believe that has happened many times over many years, but I personally couldn't prove any of it. 

I don't believe things like the moon landing fake and sandy hook.

Not because I don't think they WOULD do it. I have zero doubt they would if it gained them power.

I don't think they did it because they're nowhere near competent enough to pull it off and keep the secret.

I find it odd how conservatives fringers acknowledge that the government focks up everything it touches, from post office to trains to nasa to the military. But they're competent enough to pull sh!t like that and nobody says a word for, in the case of the moon, half a century.

You guys are collectively the worst group of liars I have ever seen :lol:

It’s like when you ask a group of kindergartners who ate the last cookie :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

You guys are collectively the worst group of liars I have ever seen :lol:

It’s like when you ask a group of kindergartners who ate the last cookie :D 

Mostly peaceful rioting.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Pretty easy to see who is most invested in this garbage.

It’s cute how you almost exclusively back up HT :wub:

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Attacking you isn’t that.  It’s so easy. 

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Surprised you have enough time to waste visiting the GC. You might miss a cryptic TikTok if you aren't careful.

8 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Says the people who can’t seem to understand that they are the other side of the same coin. Grouping the wacky fringe liberals in with everyone on the left. 🤣

And you can all protest all you want about not knowing who or what Qanon is, but the fact that it seeped into/and was amplified by the right wing media and the former guy himself, shows just how prevalent it was. You might not have followed it directly, but you were receiving the message whether you knew it or not. For fock’s sake we have/had a handful of the really nutty ones here-including Drobeski himself. If this place is that lightly trafficked… You do the math.

This is garbage and does one of the things that makes my blood boil;  stating that something is a "fact" when it is  the polar opposite of a fact = 100% opinion.    Where are those "facts"?     What exactly "seeped into. . . right wing media"?   That Hillary was a baby eating pedo in the basement of a pizza place?   Funny, I must have missed that one on Fox.   So because I am conservative I somehow have been getting the Q message and it's sinking in even though I don't know it?     But because a couple of trolls on an obscure msg board said some things it's proof that the Q thing is running rampant throughout conservatives??    Here's a thought, maybe they were just saying that stuff because they knew it would get a rise out of people and get reactions to their posts and they don't really believe that Hillary is a baby eating pedo who makes a good pizza?       

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Funny, I do the exact same things and yet I have never seen anyone, other than jokingly or making fun of it, circulate "qanon memes and quotes" and I am a conservative so in theory people would be more willing to share with me than you.   And yet it happens to you "daily"?       

I actually do hear about Q a lot.   And every fuking time it is one of my liberal friends telling me that the republican party is beholden to Q and they are all secretly adherents.    Good god, please stop beating that drum.   I actually know, have dialogs, and the trust of republicans and conservative friends who would never hold back from telling me their mind.   Qanon NEVER, EVER COMES UP!!!    How is it so hard for all of you to get that?   Are you that invested in what some jagoff blue check on Twitter or FB told you?  

The left needs Q. If it didn’t exist they would make it up. Hmmm…..

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The left needs Q. If it didn’t exist they would make it up. Hmmm…..

That’s what they do with “racism” and “police brutality“ to great success. It’s like Masshole said on the last page, they want to ascribe a fake, ridiculous argument to their opponents so they can dismiss them as absurd.

QAnon is a straw man argument.  The only thing to learn from them is that the Podestas like ugly art and they they email to Hillary Clinton code words “pizza” and “hot dog” that don’t actually mean pizza and hot dog.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pretty much this (well I’m not in those types of groups).  I don’t think anyone is saying the majority of Republicans believe it, but some definitely do (and several of them seemed to be in DC on 1/6).  That’s kinda why I bumped this thread with that article about Parkland - it’s evidence that there are really seemingly normal people that go down the rabbit hole (and I didn’t feel like starting a new thread).

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty much this (well I’m not in those types of groups).  I don’t think anyone is saying the majority of Republicans believe it, but some definitely do (and several of them seemed to be in DC on 1/6).  That’s kinda why I bumped this thread with that article about Parkland - it’s evidence that there are really seemingly normal people that go down the rabbit hole (and I didn’t feel like starting a new thread).

“Not the majority”.  “Some”.  What a jerkoff.  Define some. If you can’t, stfu. I’ll wait.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Not the majority”.  “Some”.  What a jerkoff.  Define some. If you can’t, stfu. I’ll wait.  

More than 1?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

More than 1?

Yeah, stfu. Nobody defends Q. And nobody for damn sure has to bail them out of jail, like your side does to their freaks after they loot and destroy. See the difference? One is real and dangerous. The other is mostly your fantasy and a joke. 

You wamt to talk conspiracy theories? Look at the leftists claiming qnon is a real thing. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A startling amount is what I’d say. Many more don’t necessarily “believe” it but are willing to go along because it’s politically helpful. Like most Republican members of Congress