Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

can anyone explain what qanon is?

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You wamt to talk conspiracy theories? Look at the leftists claiming qnon is a real thing. 

They want this one pretty bad...

:( 

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Funny, I do the exact same things and yet I have never seen anyone, other than jokingly or making fun of it, circulate "qanon memes and quotes" and I am a conservative so in theory people would be more willing to share with me than you.   And yet it happens to you "daily"?       

I actually do hear about Q a lot.   And every fuking time it is one of my liberal friends telling me that the republican party is beholden to Q and they are all secretly adherents.    Good god, please stop beating that drum.   I actually know, have dialogs, and the trust of republicans and conservative friends who would never hold back from telling me their mind.   Qanon NEVER, EVER COMES UP!!!    How is it so hard for all of you to get that?   Are you that invested in what some jagoff blue check on Twitter or FB told you?  

Nailed it.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

A startling amount is what I’d say. Many more don’t necessarily “believe” it but are willing to go along because it’s politically helpful. Like most Republican members of Congress

It’s the World Wide Web.  Lots of losers can go on it. It’s a fuckin website that has never harmed anyone. Your comrades down at the Antifa clubhouse on the other hand…. And then there’s BLM. Burn Loot Murder. For reals. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

All you have to do is look at the actions over the past year. The capital selfie fest was the worst things the right has done. Sure some people got hurt and people are getting severely punished for it, but it's not even close of a comparison to the blm/antifa riots last year where the now vice president set up funding to bail those people out. And yet, the government is spending time and money on trying to get to the bottom of this "insurrection" while they cried all last summer that everything was mostly peaceful. And nasty pelosi is handpicking who she wants in those meetings. Those are real actions the government is taking. And in case of the riots, not taking.

Defund the police actually happened, look how that turned out.

MLB took the all star game from Georgia because they put in voting laws less stringent than creepy joe's home state has in place. That had very negative impacts on people.

The list is endless.

That's because the Dems don't actually give a sh!t about the working man. Fock him and his livelihood if it means they can score political points. 

Now, make them a little uncomfortable in their cushy jobs for a few minutes and they will spare no expense to root out the evildoers and punish them to the fullest extent of the law and more. 

What did Pelosi know, when did she know it and why didn't she do anything to try to prevent it? 

The answer to those questions are where we should start. The rest is superfluous. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, stfu. Nobody defends Q. And nobody for damn sure has to bail them out of jail, like your side does to their freaks after they loot and destroy. See the difference? One is real and dangerous. The other is mostly your fantasy and a joke. 

So what’s your number? Zero?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So what’s your number? Zero?

I’m not the one who alluded , disingenuously, to a number. It’s on you. I’ll say 150 if it makes you happy. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not the one who alluded , disingenuously, to a number. It’s on you. I’ll say 150 if it makes you happy. 

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 150k?  Or about 0.2% of those that voted for Trump in 2020.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 150k?  Or about 0.2% of those that voted for Trump in 2020.

I'm thinking it may be about 72 people overall in this country if we are talking about conservatives only. On the high side.

3 hours ago, Masshole said:

This is garbage and does one of the things that makes my blood boil;  stating that something is a "fact" when it is  the polar opposite of a fact = 100% opinion.    Where are those "facts"?     What exactly "seeped into. . . right wing media"?   That Hillary was a baby eating pedo in the basement of a pizza place?   Funny, I must have missed that one on Fox.   So because I am conservative I somehow have been getting the Q message and it's sinking in even though I don't know it?     But because a couple of trolls on an obscure msg board said some things it's proof that the Q thing is running rampant throughout conservatives??    Here's a thought, maybe they were just saying that stuff because they knew it would get a rise out of people and get reactions to their posts and they don't really believe that Hillary is a baby eating pedo who makes a good pizza?       

It was way more than Hillary being a baby eating pedophile. It was the "deep state" and the media is the "enemy of the people" and the conspiracies being thrown around about the Mueller investigation- that most here still believe, BTW. And how Trump was going to bring down Hillary and Obama and everyone involved because they "engineered" the whole thing. It was Seth Rich, and Jeffery Epstein. It was about downplaying the coronavirus and vaccines. It was about the stolen election and watermarked ballots, etc. They all had their roots in Qanon. Don’t tell me none of that stuff found it way to Fox News. And then you had Trump himself retweeting hundreds of accounts promoting Q. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00257-y  This mainly just talks about the vaccines and election stuff, but if you go read Drobeski thread that I linked earlier, or hell, just about most of his posts-you’ll see just how much stuff fell under the Q umbrella.

Now shut your masshole. :wave:

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

It was way more than Hillary being a baby eating pedophile. It was the "deep state" and the media is the "enemy of the people" and the conspiracies being thrown around about the Mueller investigation- that most here still believe, BTW. And how Trump was going to bring down Hillary and Obama and everyone involved because they "engineered" the whole thing. It was Seth Rich, and Jeffery Epstein. It was about downplaying the coronavirus and vaccines. It was about the stolen election and watermarked ballots, etc. They all had their roots in Qanon. Don’t tell me none of that stuff found it way to Fox News. And then you had Trump himself retweeting hundreds of accounts promoting Q. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00257-y  This mainly just talks about the vaccines and election stuff, but if you go read Drobeski thread that I linked earlier, or hell, just about most of his posts-you’ll see just how much stuff fell under the Q umbrella.

Oh no!! "Deep state!!!!" :lol:

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

OK, so now we've gone from Q is Hillary eats babies to Q is anything I disagreed with during the Trump admin.   By that definition, then Q is everywhere on the right.     

I guess you got me.  I don't disagree with the deep state concepts, the media being one of the worst, most dangerous aspects of modern US society, that Hillary and Obama via the Steele Dossier and the surveillance of the campaign did conspire, and that Epstein didn't kill himself and there's some really messed up stuff about him and his associates that we don't know. 

In the course of one day I have gone from not really caring about Q or understanding it to being the poster child for it.   Crazy world. . . 

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Oops.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/12/trump-tweeting-qanon-followers-357238

The riot never happened, qanon doesn't exist, the rioters were antifa, no wait! FBI! 

For something that doesn't exist,  there's a whole lot of signs at Trump rallies and Trump himself absolutely enthralled. Read for yourself. 

Ok. A bunch of liberals thriving on some qnon thing. Keep up the cause!! :lol:

Look at virtually any picture from a trump rally versus a Biden rally.

Count the Quanon signs. Lol

13 hours ago, Masshole said:

Funny, I do the exact same things and yet I have never seen anyone, other than jokingly or making fun of it, circulate "qanon memes and quotes" and I am a conservative so in theory people would be more willing to share with me than you.   And yet it happens to you "daily"?       

I actually do hear about Q a lot.   And every fuking time it is one of my liberal friends telling me that the republican party is beholden to Q and they are all secretly adherents.    Good god, please stop beating that drum.   I actually know, have dialogs, and the trust of republicans and conservative friends who would never hold back from telling me their mind.   Qanon NEVER, EVER COMES UP!!!    How is it so hard for all of you to get that?   Are you that invested in what some jagoff blue check on Twitter or FB told you?  

I don't recall saying that Q comes up, I did say that theories that started from Q get said.  They spread all over the place but rarely reference Q at all.  It's very possible that we have different experiences.  I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about this subject.

10 hours ago, Masshole said:

OK, so now we've gone from Q is Hillary eats babies to Q is anything I disagreed with during the Trump admin.   By that definition, then Q is everywhere on the right.     

I guess you got me.  I don't disagree with the deep state concepts, the media being one of the worst, most dangerous aspects of modern US society, that Hillary and Obama via the Steele Dossier and the surveillance of the campaign did conspire, and that Epstein didn't kill himself and there's some really messed up stuff about him and his associates that we don't know. 

In the course of one day I have gone from not really caring about Q or understanding it to being the poster child for it.   Crazy world. . . 

Wow.  You really are confused about all of this, aren't you?

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't recall saying that Q comes up, I did say that theories that started from Q get said.  They spread all over the place but rarely reference Q at all.  It's very possible that we have different experiences.  I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about this subject.

How do you know what started from Q? Have a list?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How do you know what started from Q? Have a list?

I've already posted some links that explain it.  Either read those or try to figure it out yourself somehow.  I'm not sure how some are still confused on this.  You're either not very bright or being purposely obtuse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've already posted some links that explain it.  Either read those or try to figure it out yourself somehow.  I'm not sure how some are still confused on this.  You're either not very bright or being purposely obtuse.

I’m not reading your one sided links. That’s stupid. You tell us. Name some things that started with Q. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not reading your one sided links. That’s stupid. You tell us. Name some things that started with Q. 

I don't know how to find you anything that you won't consider one sided.  If it explains how Q started you'll say it's one sided.  I've actually done some research, now it's your turn.

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know how to find you anything that you won't consider one sided.  If it explains how Q started you'll say it's one sided.  I've actually done some research, now it's your turn.

I’ll take your word for it. Go ahead. Name the things that started with Q that got mainstreamed. Shouldn't be hard 

I’ll take your word for it. Go ahead. Name the things that started with Q that got mainstreamed. Shouldn't be hard 

I've already posted it.  Just read.  It's not that hard.  Try, just a little.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've already posted it.  Just read.  It's not that hard.  Try, just a little.

You posted what someone else said. I want to hear what you have to say. What’s the big deal? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You posted what someone else said. I want to hear what you have to say. What’s the big deal? 

This is the most popular theory started by Q that I've heard.

"A cabal of Satan-worshipping Democrats, Hollywood celebrities and billionaires runs the world while engaging in pedophilia, human trafficking and the harvesting of a supposedly life-extending chemical from the blood of abused children."

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is the most popular theory started by Q that I've heard.

"A cabal of Satan-worshipping Democrats, Hollywood celebrities and billionaires runs the world while engaging in pedophilia, human trafficking and the harvesting of a supposedly life-extending chemical from the blood of abused children."

Yeah, that’s been mainstreamed into right wing discourse. We all believe that. You can tell by how often it’s brought up around here. So far you have internet ramblings. Got anything else? But you go ahead and worry about crackpots while our border is open during a pandemic. Nah, you’re not easily led. Look over here, not there. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that’s been mainstreamed into right wing discourse. We all believe that. You can tell by how often it’s brought up around here. So far you have internet ramblings. Got anything else? But you go ahead and worry about crackpots while our border is open during a pandemic. Nah, you’re not easily led. Look over here, not there. 

WTF are you talking about.  This thread has been about what qanon is.  All I've done is shared what it is and where it comes from.  I don't actually think the majority of conservatives believe this crap.  I know that there is a small percentage that does though.  You say that I'm worried about these crackpots but all you're doing is fabricating a belief about me.  I'm not worried and never said I was.  All I've tried doing is showing you what qanon is and how it started.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

WTF are you talking about.  This thread has been about what qanon is.  All I've done is shared what it is and where it comes from.  I don't actually think the majority of conservatives believe this crap.  I know that there is a small percentage that does though.  You say that I'm worried about these crackpots but all you're doing is fabricating a belief about me.  I'm not worried and never said I was.  All I've tried doing is showing you what qanon is and how it started.

This you just 1 day ago?:  

"I think you're right that many don't know what qanon is but I guarantee they hear the conspiracies that were started from it, and there are a good amount that believe in them."

So all you have come up with is the baby eating pedo pizza ring.    You really think a "good amount" of conservatives believe that?   Seems like you are just throwing mud at the wall and have no idea what you are talking about. 

I read your links, they're even more of a joke than your contradictory posts.    

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wow.  You really are confused about all of this, aren't you?

No, now I am crystal clear.   None of the people who claim that Q is running wild have any idea what it stands for or if it really exists.    They just use is as a catch-all for whatever they want to dismiss as a "conspiracy theory".      

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

This you just 1 day ago?:  

"I think you're right that many don't know what qanon is but I guarantee they hear the conspiracies that were started from it, and there are a good amount that believe in them."

So all you have come up with is the baby eating pedo pizza ring.    You really think a "good amount" of conservatives believe that?   Seems like you are just throwing mud at the wall and have no idea what you are talking about. 

I read your links, they're even more of a joke than your contradictory posts.    

That's just one of the theories that started with Q.  A good amount of the conservatives who have heard about the theories is not a very large percentage of people.  It's amazing how worked up you've been getting over this.  Why so defensive?  I'm talking about fringe right wackos who buy into this crap.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's just one of the theories that started with Q.  A good amount of the conservatives who have heard about the theories is not a very large percentage of people.  It's amazing how worked up you've been getting over this.  Why so defensive?  I'm talking about fringe right wackos who buy into this crap.

Some. A good amount. Just stop

Some. A good amount. Just stop

Stop what?  It's not a specific number and it's not wrong.  Some real whiny b1tches here.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Stop what?  It's not a specific number and it's not wrong.  Some real whiny b1tches here.

Open borders during a pandemic. Runaway inflation. Crime skyrocketing. Masks on kids. Antifa doing destruction, violence and being bailed out by the VP. Let’s talk about Q and white supremacy.  You fall for it. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Open borders during a pandemic. Runaway inflation. Crime skyrocketing. Masks on kids. Antifa doing destruction, violence and being bailed out by the VP. Let’s talk about Q and white supremacy.  You fall for it. 

I didn't start the thread.  I didn't fall for anything and who said anything about white supremacy?  Are you just making random things up now?

On 7/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm seeing a lot of blowback here on qanon.  Is this because you don't believe it's a thing or you just think it's being overblown?  I've just been sharing the info because I've heard of it and I know others who have heard it.  I don't honestly know anyone who really believes these qanon theories but I've heard them brought up before.

I think it's massively overblown.  To epic proportions.  I wasn't joking with my earlier post.  I'm willing to bet that 80%+ of QAnon's followers are Liberals telling everyone how crazy QAnon is.  They'll point to his "followers" as proof of how many alt-right/white supremacist there are, when in fact, the overwhelming majority of his followers are liberals.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's massively overblown.  To epic proportions.  I wasn't joking with my earlier post.  I'm willing to bet that 80%+ of QAnon's followers are Liberals telling everyone how crazy QAnon is.  They'll point to his "followers" as proof of how many alt-right/white supremacist there are, when in fact, the overwhelming majority of his followers are liberals.

I have no idea how many followers there are or how many people believe the theories.  I know that I've seen people share them on social media, some believe it and some do it to trigger liberals.  Regardless, all I was trying to do in this thread was answer the OP by explaining what qanon is and how it started.  The rest is a bunch of crap from posters overreacting and making something out of nothing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't start the thread.  I didn't fall for anything and who said anything about white supremacy?  Are you just making random things up now?

It’s the overall theme. Q, white supremacy and anything else the left can use to define the right based on a tiny, tiny, minuscule (not some) amount of losers who have a web site.  When you say things like “ not the majority” you’re being disingenuous. Say what it is. A few crackpots on the internet. Instead you feed into it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s the overall theme. Q, white supremacy and anything else the left can use to define the right based on a tiny, tiny, minuscule (not some) amount of losers who have a web site.  When you say things like “ not the majority” you’re being disingenuous. Say what it is. A few crackpots on the internet. Instead you feed into it. 

Believe whatever you want.  I explained what it is and where it came from.  Do what you want with that info.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Believe whatever you want.  I explained what it is and where it came from.  Do what you want with that info.

You did a little more. Don’t act like you just laid out facts. You editorialized. You think you’re slick. You ain’t. 

36 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not "defensive".   I think Q is total BS and when people challenge me on that - I push back.   I also think you are being very disingenuous in your statements here.   You were happy to regurgitate the company line about Q being prevalent among "a good amount" of conservatives and when you get challenged on that by me, HT, and a few others - you turtle because you know it's BS too. 

It is a burr under my saddle to a degree because I am sick of hearing from my liberal friends about what a big deal Q is in conservative circles when I am a conservative and it is the farthest thing from being a big deal in my circles.    So how do I square that circle?  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2