Sign in to follow this  
Let Da Big Dog Eat

Trades

I've been offered some, I've made offers.  I've tried to make reasonable offers.  Without fail, all trades offered to me are just rediculous..  Please people, there is no one that is that stupid in this league to accept stupid trade offers.  If you don't wish to trade, just turn it down.  Getting stupid trade offers is just insulting.  Think about what they need and what you can afford to give. Otherwise, what happens is trading is actually discouraged because no one wants to waste their time making reasonable trade offers only to be met with crap counters. 

On 2/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

I've been offered some, I've made offers.  I've tried to make reasonable offers.  Without fail, all trades offered to me are just rediculous..  Please people, there is no one that is that stupid in this league to accept stupid trade offers.  If you don't wish to trade, just turn it down.  Getting stupid trade offers is just insulting.  Think about what they need and what you can afford to give. Otherwise, what happens is trading is actually discouraged because no one wants to waste their time making reasonable trade offers only to be met with crap counters. 

I concur 

On 2/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

I also concur although most people tend to say this exact thing and then in reality, offer similar deals to the crap ones they feel are being offered to them. 

not you, or anyone in particular in my mind, I havn't paid attention to this league since it ended. Just going by experience.

• Like 1

1 Kat Fancy / Drunken Knights Trade 

Kat Fancy gave up Year 2021 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kat Fancy

Drunken Knights gave up Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.08

Wed Aug 19 1:33:58 p.m. ET 2020

2 Tampa Pron Doctors / Peaces Trade 

Tampa Pron Doctors gave up Montgomery, David CHI RB; Stills, Kenny BUF WR; Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick from Tampa Pron Doctors

Peaces gave up Newton, Cam NEP QB; Hunt, Kareem CLE RB; Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Wed Aug 19 1:01:05 p.m. ET 2020

3 Drunken Knights / Neckbeards Trade 

Drunken Knights gave up Metcalf, DK SEA WR

Neckbeards gave up Gordon, Melvin DEN RB; Year 2020 Draft Pick 3.09

Sat Aug 15 7:26:44 p.m. ET 2020

4 Ski Colts / Neckbeards Trade 

Ski Colts gave up Chubb, Nick CLE RB; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Neckbeards

Neckbeards gave up Sutton, Courtland DEN WR; Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick from Neckbeards; Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick from Neckbeards

Thu Aug 13 3:47:37 p.m. ET 2020 

On 3/18/2021 at 12:30 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I also concur although most people tend to say this exact thing and then in reality, offer similar deals to the crap ones they feel are being offered to them. 

not you, or anyone in particular in my mind, I havn't paid attention to this league since it ended. Just going by experience.

Seems like a fair summary. 

All about perceived value of players involved.

ETA: I have received offers that have little to do with areas I would like to improve, or included players I have no interest in (after stating so in discussion).

Looks to me like the draft order is wrong and I should have 4th pick based on points. Could be wrong though. But doubt it. 

18 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Looks to me like the draft order is wrong and I should have 4th pick based on points. Could be wrong though. But doubt it. 

Looks right to me.  

1 - Vudu:  4-10

2- Ski:  5-9

3- Prof Stats:  6-8, 1655 points

4- Neckbeards: 6-8, 1712 points

5- Padrino:  6-8, 1802 points

4 hours ago, Bigtraine said:

Looks right to me.  

1 - Vudu:  4-10

2- Ski:  5-9

3- Prof Stats:  6-8, 1655 points

4- Neckbeards: 6-8, 1712 points

5- Padrino:  6-8, 1802 points

I’m on the app, and last years standings shows:

prof stats - 1934 pts

Padrino - 2205 pts

neckbeards - 2317 pts

:dunno:

7 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I’m on the app, and last years standings shows:

prof stats - 1934 pts

Padrino - 2205 pts

neckbeards - 2317 pts

Unsure 

Are you looking at the Power Rankings page?  I'm guessing so - that is the only place where I see those same numbers.  I am thinking that must be the MAX PF.  If you go to the Weekly Summary (Reports-Standings-Weekly Summary) it gives the totals for each week, and even adding in add the way through week 17 I don't come up to the same PF that the Power Rank PF has.  But regardless, the Standings show a different points scored (and you can validate those totals by looking at the weekly results).

No, I’m just looking at the standings on the app. Both the standings and the team pages. 

Elephino. 

18 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

No, I’m just looking at the standings on the app. Both the standings and the team pages. 

Elephino. 

That value is the total amount of points scored from week 1-17, plus the extra game in week 13 for our double header week (thats what I missed before).  Not sure why the app is showing it that way for you.  Get a new app?

18 minutes ago, Bigtraine said:

That value is the total amount of points scored from week 1-17, plus the extra game in week 13 for our double header week (thats what I missed before).  Not sure why the app is showing it that way for you.  Get a new app?

That makes sense. 👍

For the right deal, everyone on my team is up for grabs.

I think I missed my best window for contending and its time to try to rebuild.  I have some studs in their prime.  

Nick Chubb: Fantasy Pros Expert Consensus Rankings (Dynasty) RB6, Overall 11;  KeepTradeCut Rankings RB7, Overall 14

Stefon Diggs:  FP ECR WR6, Overall 13;  KTC WR6, Overall 13

DK Metcalf:  FP ECR WR4, Overall 9;  KTC WR4, Overall 9

There are some other vets that can be had for pretty cheaply, but those are the main draws.  DK will be the hardest to pry away given his age and the longevity of his position.  

I have a few offers out there. They aren’t similar. More will be coming. It’s inevitable 

4 hours ago, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

If they are all like the one you offered me, I don't know why you bother.

Are you being mean to the all time winner / ruler / pretty much the best of the best here, with Mr Padrino? 
If so, than shame on you. :thumbsdown:

Then again, you are my buddy buddy and have to power to totally fuk up my team this year, so I now change my stance.
Screw Padrino, I say. Screw him right in the ear. 

Also, I saw the offer, and like I said earlier tonight, I'd take it with mebbe a tad more juice on his part, but not much.
Tua is a bust. Cut strings with him as soon as you can. 

"Tua is a bust. Cut strings with him as soon as you can. "

Based on a Rookie Covid season with no pre-season,, playing the most demanding position in the NFL.  I appreciate your expert insite sir, however, please excuse me if I ignore your sage advice.

Now if you have some oregano or cumin advice, I am all ears.

I may have been stoned when I made the offer. It probably did suck. There hasn’t been a trade in this league in 2 seasons so I couldn’t remember how highly people would value the 18th best dynasty QB (per FFToday). 

12 hours ago, kutulu said:

There were four trades last month

They weren’t worthy of making the news apparently. 

On 6/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

"Tua is a bust. Cut strings with him as soon as you can. "

Based on a Rookie Covid season with no pre-season,, playing the most demanding position in the NFL.  I appreciate your expert insite sir, however, please excuse me if I ignore your sage advice.

Now if you have some oregano or cumin advice, I am all ears.

Oh, given the chance, I'd totally cummin your ears. 
Also, it's great that everyone seems to be back onboard for this season :banana:

22 hours ago, kutulu said:

There were four trades last month

On 6/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, cbfalcon said:

. There hasn’t been a trade in this league in 2 seasons so I couldn’t remember how highly people would value the 18th best dynasty QB (per FFToday). 

Uhh...I think Kat Faggits trade with Neckbeard was pretty damn impressive :dunno:

23 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

They weren’t worthy of making the news apparently. 

DK metcalf being traded is beneath you?

On 6/7/2021 at 11:33 AM, MTSkiBum said:

DK metcalf being traded is beneath you?

Admittedly, I haven’t actually even looked at any of the trades made thus far. That said, yes DK Metcalf is well beneath me. 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:24 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

FYI - For trade offers to me. The fact that Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott are sitting on my bench has no bearing on their value. I never understood the logic of people who offer me one of their scrub bench people for a top player at their position and use the logic that I am not starting them anyways. 

35 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

FYI - For trade offers to me. The fact that Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott are sitting on my bench has no bearing on their value. I never understood the logic of people who offer me one of their scrub bench people for a top player at their position and use the logic that I am not starting them anyways. 

Stay strong med. I personally have always been thrilled that they were sitting on your bench. That way the rest of the league is weaker at QB, and you are weaker for not using those assets in any way to help your team. It’s really a big win for your Padrino, which is in turn a win for the league 

13 hours ago, MedStudent said:

that is not what i offered you at all.  i offered you considerable draft capital.  just saying.........

but, I agree with you point,  why make stupid offers?  I started this thread saying that.

that said, when you get a decent offer, like I gave you, it only makes sense to reply with a counter.  but, the counter should not be stupid it should be reasonable as well.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:51 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

that is not what i offered you at all.  i offered you considerable draft capital.  just saying.........

but, I agree with you point,  why make stupid offers?  I started this thread saying that.

that said, when you get a decent offer, like I gave you, it only makes sense to reply with a counter.  but, the counter should not be stupid it should be reasonable as well.

My comment was not about your offer. It was a general comment. I probably missed your offer because my email address attached to the league is not my main email address and I don’t start thinking about fantasy football until closer to the draft. 

On 7/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

Based on responses to your original offers, perhaps they are not as "decent" as you might perceive?

15 hours ago, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

Or, perhaps you do not recognize a dechet offer.  

Iir- I did not see any players of interest in your offer/s

I have owned fuller in another dynasty since he was a rookie.  He is not wort the headche on top of WR is not a position of need for me.

Tua vs Hurts.... I didn't love what I saw from tua.  yeah, i'll roll with hurts.

I assumed Rodgers would be traded, so I offered up Aaron Jones multiple times to the Voodoo team, but he never responded to any of the offers this off season so they just expired. 

To that owner, thank you.