Utilit99

Why the fock can't they sing a normal Anthem?

I must've seen that pepsi commercial where everyone is singing the Weeknd song and he drives up to the gate with the security guard at the end about 100 times.

It took me about 70 viewings to realize the guy in the car was the singer of the song.  Then it took me another 25 viewings to realize this wasn't some pop singer from the 80's.  

I'm old.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

And I think you should stay the fuk out of threads where all you do is troll and respond to yourself hoping for a reaction.  Weak :thumbsdown:

(obviously not this one since you started it, but you know what I'm talking about)

So you got nothing. 

Typical. :mellow:

12 hours ago, MDC said:

Is there anything that doesn’t make you butthurt and aggrieved? :unsure: 

Ya see, the Anthem means something to many Americans. 

Liberals, like yourself, don't give a fock. You're too worried about what Justin Bieber is doing or if you can get in on some action with a 12 year old. 

But that's why you're in the situation you're in.  You sh!t your own bed, now live in it rather than lash out at the Americans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

were just asking for politics not to be injected into sports and they cant do it.  That's why I am not watching. 

You don't think how they did the National Anthem was political do you?

3 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Ya see, the Anthem means something to many Americans. 

Liberals, like yourself, don't give a fock. You're too worried about what Justin Bieber is doing or if you can get in on some action with a 12 year old. 

But that's why you're in the situation you're in.  You sh!t your own bed, now live in it rather than lash out at the Americans. 

Yep. You nailed it.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Best one ever. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Best one ever. 

While people like MDC were sitting around at home drinking their dollar store sour mash whiskey mumbling incoherently to themsleves about who cares about the anthem. 

• Haha 1

I don't care what anyone does with the National Anthem as long as you don't make a joke of it.  I will say though, the 5+ minute rendition on Thanksgiving a couple years ago by Aretha Franklin was tough.

I never watch any of the halftime shows.  Well, I never care how they perform anyway.  If the girls are hot and wearing tight clothes, I'll pay attention. Otherwise, I have it on "Ignore".  There's always food to beat eaten and people to talk to.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't care what anyone does with the National Anthem as long as you don't make a joke of it.  I will say though, the 5+ minute rendition on Thanksgiving a couple years ago by Aretha Franklin was tough.

I never watch any of the halftime shows.  Well, I never care how they perform anyway.  If the girls are hot and wearing tight clothes, I'll pay attention. Otherwise, I have it on "Ignore".  There's always food to beat eaten and people to talk to.

I like a good national anthem. This just isn't the day and age to expect one to be sung.It's the day and age for sexual tweeners to strut around showing off their wokeness.

I yelled at the TV last night it was so bad.  Embarrasking 

20 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

He would have hit the dog with the ball if not the cat. Nice swing dufus

I saw the Anthem.  I didnt think it was good at all but that has been a theme for a while.  

Not really riled uo about it as Ive seen plenty of bad anthems.

It isnt a shocker but just find it funny how hard they try with black people.  America the Beautiful sung by some black woman Ive never heard of.  The Anthem of course is a black and white duet.  Halftime, black pop artist.  I dont necessarily care.  I just find it funny on how hard they try to appease 13% of the population.   

We had better race relations when the country was more racist and blacks had less opportunity.  More untied.  Today we had a black president for 8 years.  Have a woman of color as thr current VP.  And some how race relations suck because the newfound cry on racism is largely manufactured.  Weird how that works.  Race relations should be better than ever.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I saw the Anthem.  I didnt think it was good at all but that has been a theme for a while.  

Not really riled uo about it as Ive seen plenty of bad anthems.

It isnt a shocker but just find it funny how hard they try with black people.  America the Beautiful sung by some black woman Ive never heard of.  The Anthem of course is a black and white duet.  Halftime, black pop artist.  I dont necessarily care.  I just find it funny on how hard they try to appease 13% of the population.   

We had better race relations when the country was more racist and blacks had less opportunity.  More untied.  Today we had a black president for 8 years.  Have a woman of color as thr current VP.  And some how race relations suck because the newfound cry on racism is largely manufactured.  Weird how that works.  Race relations should be better than ever.  

It’s almost as if they are trying to build up resentment on one side. 

19 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Now I don't know who the weekend is...

Seriously?

I am not sure how anyone could be surprised or even outraged.  If you have watched anything on TV lately you had to know what was coming.  it is like getting out of bed in the morning, running outside and screaming about the sky being blue. The National Anthem  was better by far than you should have expected.  In the end it will not affect any of us and the NFL will never get any of my money but I can still watch for free.

I am much more upset that a bunch of politicians want to start/keep giving welfare checks to people making up to $150K/year.  They want to reward people that have a bunch of brats by throwing $200/month per kid at them.  All just to shore up support for their election in 2 years.  That is what I am concerned about.  

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Tom Brady

:lol: With < a minute to go.   The MVP of the game should be whoever caught that int at the end of the game.  He won me $500.

6 hours ago, t.j said:

Seriously?

Seriously. Guess he doesn't get much airplay in China.

Like I said, I recognized several of the songs when I heard them. Just didn't know the name.

I actually thought the weekend was some emo band. Turns out that's vampire weekend or something. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Seriously. Guess he doesn't get much airplay in China.

Like I said, I recognized several of the songs when I heard them. Just didn't know the name.

I actually thought the weekend was some emo band. Turns out that's vampire weekend or something. 

🤣 Yeah anything with vampires is terrible

On 2/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Utilit99 said:

Unless you can compete with this or Jimi Hendrix's version then just do it straight. The chick that did American the Beautiful rocked. 

16 hours ago, Bill E. said:

:lol: With < a minute to go.   The MVP of the game should be whoever caught that int at the end of the game.  He won me $500.

Devin White.  He had a monster game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Unless you can compete with this or Jimi Hendrix's version then just do it straight. The chick that did American the Beautiful rocked. 

I think she did a really good job, but I think the performance is a bit over rated.  I mean, people make it out to be the be-all-end-all and I've heard a ton of people do just as well.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Devin White.  He had a monster game.

There is a guy here that takes bets.  I asked him twice the money line on TB and twice he said he would get back to me but he did not.   :mad: