edjr

DESANTIS 2024!!! Ron DeSantis :wub:

12 minutes ago, dogcows said:

He doesn’t practice what he preaches.

That's about as idiotic of a statement as I've ever read. 

Joe Biden is all about open borders and abolishing the border wall. He lives in a gated community. 

We can do this all night 😁 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, League Champion said:

That's about as idiotic of a statement as I've ever read. 

Joe Biden is all about open borders and abolishing the border wall. He lives in a gated community. 

We can do this all night 😁 

Not gonna be much of a race if that's the best those idiots on the left can do.

14 hours ago, dogcows said:

DeSantis exposed as a hypocrite on the 2nd Amendment…

https://wapo.st/40GqI4p

He wanted guns banned from his event, but he wanted it to be done in a way that it looked like somebody else was responsible for the ban. In the end, they refused to ban guns for him, so he put in metal detectors for the event. He doesn’t practice what he preaches.

Oh my! What will we ever do? This one is sure to sink him.

I'm gonna be honest, I could give two sh!ts about guns.  They should be legal, but it's about #15 on my list of importance.

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Oh my! What will we ever do? This one is sure to sink him.

Yeah, I bet if he wins he will do away with the 2a. 

as ive said before, trump is running the same game on desantis that he used to beat 15 nominees in 2016.  trump is first out of the gate on every issue.  right off the bat, he has started openly attacking desantis.  desantis cant win on this front now.  if desantis just takes it and ignores him, desantis will start to look weak over the next 2 years.  people will eventually ask "if desantis cannot stand up to trump, how can he stand up to the democrats?"  "does desantis even want the job?" if he starts fighting back after months of this, it looks fake because hes established hes trying to take the high road, and voters will start to leave him for gutter politics.  

trump was first out of the gate criticizing at&t for dumping newsmax.  desantis followed days later.  thats exactly what desantis cant be doing.

still, trump fatigue from inside the GOP may be enough to win the nomination for desantis.  but desantis is not playing the game correctly.  

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

as ive said before, trump is running the same game on desantis that he used to beat 15 nominees in 2016.  trump is first out of the gate on every issue.  right off the bat, he has started openly attacking desantis.  desantis cant win on this front now.  if desantis just takes it and ignores him, desantis will start to look weak over the next 2 years.  people will eventually ask "if desantis cannot stand up to trump, how can he stand up to the democrats?"  "does desantis even want the job?" if he starts fighting back after months of this, it looks fake because hes established hes trying to take the high road, and voters will start to leave him for gutter politics.  

trump was first out of the gate criticizing at&t for dumping newsmax.  desantis followed days later.  thats exactly what desantis cant be doing.

still, trump fatigue from inside the GOP may be enough to win the nomination for desantis.  but desantis is not playing the game correctly.  

I'll vote for DeSantis over trump 100% of the time.....EVERY time.

Trump is damaged goods.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'll vote for DeSantis over trump 100% of the time.....EVERY time.

Trump is damaged goods.

i said that sentiment can down trump in the post you quoted.

almost evey politician has a shelf life. the standard way to destroy a politician is to swirl loads of garbage around them until people just want to vote for anyone else to move on.  they specifically target the "lets move on" sentiment because it works almost 100% of the time.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Trump is damaged goods.

i completely disagree that trump is damaged goods.  he never led hillary in any poll in the 2016 election cycle.  trump never led biden in any poll in the 2020 election cycle.  trump is consistently beating biden in polls in the 2024 election cycle.  trump is not only NOT damaged goods, but he is a stronger political force than he has ever been.  

both parties may have to throw trump in jail to try to stop him, altho that probably would make trump an unstoppable force.

BTW Trump has floated a third party candidacy if he is not the GOP nominee.  If he does that, the democrat automatically wins.  But the fear is that they are trying to pull a Perot on Trump. 

What they did to Perot was:

1. steal all of Perot's popular ideas.
2. try to destroy Perot personally to make him unelectable.
3. water-down all of Perot's ideas to kill the vibe and go back to looting the nation.

Because we saw it happen with Perot, its gonna be a huge stigma on Desantis.  Is he only trying to take action against liberal terrorism because Trump is pushing him that way?  Once Trump is defeated, does Desantis morph into a fat cat moderate-liberalish guy like Schwarzenegger?  I personally don't see a reason to ditch Trump since we know he is the real deal.

Florida has certainly avoided the widespread uptick in violent crimes. 

How is DeSantis polling against Biden with independents?

Yahoo/YouGov: 
DeSantis 51%
Biden 30%

Quinnipiac: 
DeSantis 50% 
Biden 41%

Echelon Insights:
DeSantis 48%
Biden 32%

12 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

How is DeSantis polling against Biden with independents?

Yahoo/YouGov: 
DeSantis 51%
Biden 30%

Quinnipiac: 
DeSantis 50% 
Biden 41%

Echelon Insights:
DeSantis 48%
Biden 32%

keep in mind that many voters still dont have an opinion on desantis, so those numbers could be even better down the road or a bit worse. i think at worst desantis is ahead by 5-7 points.

Polling people in deep red or blue states doesn't mean much. Anyone think California is going to vote red or Texas is going to vote blue? In an electoral system it’s the swing states that count. Poll just them.  

Desantis identifies as being from a different state…that just happen to be swing states

15 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Desantis identifies as being from a different state…that just happen to be swing states

what that tells me is that desantis thinks he can win pa.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:45 PM, TimHauck said:

Ronny D is transitioning from Floridian to Ohioan and would like everybody to please use his new Midwest pronouns now.

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Ronny D is transitioning from Floridian to Ohioan and would like everybody to please use his new Midwest pronouns now.

Look at you losers trying so desperately to change the narrative.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Look at you losers trying so desperately to change the narrative.  :lol:

Yes, DeSantis is a loser.

59 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Yes, DeSantis is a loser.

I’m still hoping he can beat Trump. I really don’t want to see Trump as the nominee. 

But Ron is really looking wimpy lately. I don’t know if he truly has what it takes. 

When does Little Ronald start flipping his Daddy Trump some of the business?

He has plenty of time so I get picking a spot but he waits too long and it is going to look very cheesy. 

Don is going in on him somewhat regularly and Ron just reads off some boilerplate culture war BS. 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m still hoping he can beat Trump. I really don’t want to see Trump as the nominee. 

But Ron is really looking wimpy lately. I don’t know if he truly has what it takes. 

i mentioned that several times.  He's still very new to all this.  The biggest thing he needs to work on is jumping out first on new issues.  He keeps taking this measured approach and commenting on things way after others had their say.  it makes him look weak and sort of a follower or letting his handlers decide things.  its not a deal breaker and he certainly has time to fix that though.  its very hard to go from the state level to the national stage and there will be hiccups.

right or wrong, trump is always out there first with an opinion on something and it makes him look like the nominee.

desantis deliberates, waits, comes out with a view several days later, that view may be right or wrong, but it makes him look like he is not ready.

but desantis has plenty of time to learn and grow.

what may not be fixable is if republican voters turn sharply against the war and Rand Paul shows up and pound both Trump and Desantis while saying he was anti-war from the start. although the best strategy for desantis is to be critical of the war until he becomes the nominee and then shift towards a more pro-war stance in the general election vs biden.

6 hours ago, dogcows said:

I'm not sure he should be able to self-identify in this way.  

7 hours ago, dogcows said:

well ohio is a red state now.  the electoral map says desantis would take back georgia.  if desantis also takes back pennsylvania, he is the 47th president of the united states.  most of desantis' early campaigning has been around pennsylvania.  its about georgia and pennsylvania for desantis.

desantis also seems like he is pretty strong vs biden in nevada.  however, if desantis takes georgia  + nevada, he gets to 269 votes.  the house probably votes for desantis.

wisconsin was projected biden + 6.7 and it ended up biden 0.7.  so i mean, by 2028, pennsylvania, georgia, wisconsin, and nevada are probably all red states the way this is going.  the democrats are almost unelectable.  and remember, biden was the weakest democrat president in history and he was the first to enter office without a majority in both houses.  trump was the strongest republican president in forever as he entered office with majorities in both houses.  that trend looks to continue with a few more NEW states looking to tilt red here.

also remember the election is 1.5 years away.  that is a lot of time where biden can mentally decline from his current state.

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

also remember the election is 1.5 years away.  that is a lot of time where biden can mentally decline from his current state.

Wait....HE CAN GET WORSE?!?!?

On 3/21/2023 at 5:02 PM, JustinCharge said:

…and hopefully announce he won’t run

On 3/19/2023 at 7:45 PM, TimHauck said:

Ohio is a swing state?

On 3/21/2023 at 7:47 PM, JustinCharge said:

well ohio is a red state now.  the electoral map says desantis would take back georgia.  if desantis also takes back pennsylvania, he is the 47th president of the united states.  most of desantis' early campaigning has been around pennsylvania.  its about georgia and pennsylvania for desantis.

desantis also seems like he is pretty strong vs biden in nevada.  however, if desantis takes georgia  + nevada, he gets to 269 votes.  the house probably votes for desantis.

We've seen how your projections work out...they aren't good. 

As of right now (with again the obvious ideas of it being way too early to know anything)- Ron is losing ground with the Republican crowd. Trump is already starting to steamroll him and it's 16 months out from the RNC. 

Trump doing his thing. Laid waste to Ron in a “statement” killed him on Covid, being his hand picked betch, doing a bad job as Gov, being soft on crime, wanting to cut social security, etc. 

How will MAGA people react is the key.

Love how you guys are just making s*** up because you want Trump to run only because it ensures another Biden win.

Not that what you're saying is true, but you think if you repeat it enough it is.  😂

9 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Trump doing his thing. Laid waste to Ron in a “statement” killed him on Covid, being his hand picked betch, doing a bad job as Gov, being soft on crime, wanting to cut social security, etc. 

How will MAGA people react is the key.

Dude, you left out the best part - he basically called him a pedo.  :lol:  

ETA:  Doh! - gay pedo.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Dude, you left out the best part - he basically called him a pedo.  :lol:  

😂 There was too much!! 

The payoff in all this bullshet Trump has run through would be for him to completely meltdown the GOP. They gave us this maniac there should be repercussions!

Somehow Trump remains popular with a huge block of folks and I doubt Ronald D has it in him as much as the old school GOP are trying to prop him. I’m not his target audience but man Ron sounds and looks like such a wimp. Say he eeks out the nom. Trump will lose his GD mind and take voters with him. 

This will all be glorious to watch play out.

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

😂 There was too much!! 

The payoff in all this bullshet Trump has run through would be for him to completely meltdown the GOP. They gave us this maniac there should be repercussions!

Somehow Trump remains popular with a huge block of folks and I doubt Ronald D has it in him as much as the old school GOP are trying to prop him. I’m not his target audience but man Ron sounds and looks like such a wimp. Say he eeks out the nom. Trump will lose his GD mind and take voters with him. 

This will all be glorious to watch play out.

And on the other side of the country seattle residents chose to burn and loot their city.

But TRUMP!!! :cry: