edjr

DESANTIS 2024!!! Ron DeSantis :wub:

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The discussion we were having was about the extent to which DeSantis needs to swing Trump voters.  

Also I watched you yesterday go on tilt with scores of posts to this new general poster with inane word salads about Chaz and other crap, but I didn't say anything because I wasn't involved.  Now I am and I'll tell you that you are adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.  

Get your last word in child; I'm moving on.

Looks like you're on tilt right now. And I never even posted anything to you. 

Sensitive dealings going on here on the fantasy web site. Ooohhh....

Get your last word in child; I'm moving on. 👏

Everything Trump is saying about Desantis will be said by the democrats anyway. His tussles with Trump are  actually very good.  People will tune it out after a whole, so when the democrats do it it will be old news. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

DeSantis is in a really tough spot. If he gets into the mud with Trump his risks alienation Trump’s voters and looks like a weirdo in the general. If he ignores Trump’s attacks he looks like a wimp. I’ll be real interested to see what direction he goes in during the primary. 

Yeah, as others have alluded, there are "Trump rules" and rules for everyone else.  Trump can say whatever insulting, childish thing he wants to try to rip a candidate to shreds (see recent comments about DeSantis and his handling of Covid), but if anyone even defends themselves with a negative comment about Trump, that's not allowed by the devout Trump followers.  

The latest Hidden Brain podcast talked about "honor culture," much of which is in the south which has a lot of Trump fans.  In this culture if you are challenged, you need to respond to defend your manhood.  I would think, push come to shove (pardon the pun), if DeSantis biotch-slaps Trump and puts him in his place, folks from that culture will not only understand but respect DeSantis for defending his honor establishing himself as the alpha dog. And I don't think most independents or Lefties will be mad at him for putting Trump in his place.

So my advice would be for him to eventually be aggressive with Trump.  But it's a question of timing.  DeSantis shouldn't spend the next 18 months rolling around in the mud wrestling Trump, which Trump is more than happy to do.  

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

DeSantis is in a really tough spot. If he gets into the mud with Trump his risks alienation Trump’s voters and looks like a weirdo in the general. If he ignores Trump’s attacks he looks like a wimp. I’ll be real interested to see what direction he goes in during the primary. 

DeSantis seems a bit awkward in these interviews. Not really comfortable. This optics def matter. Granted I’m not his target audience but had never really seen him speak too much until past few months and he comes across a bit of an odd duck. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everything Trump is saying about Desantis will be said by the democrats anyway. His tussles with Trump are  actually very good.  People will tune it out after a whole, so when the democrats do it it will be old news. 

This could be true. All though I don’t think you’ll hear Joe Biden (or whoever it might be) alluding to him being a groomer 😂

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, as others have alluded, there are "Trump rules" and rules for everyone else.  Trump can say whatever insulting, childish thing he wants to try to rip a candidate to shreds (see recent comments about DeSantis and his handling of Covid), but if anyone even defends themselves with a negative comment about Trump, that's not allowed by the devout Trump followers.  

The latest Hidden Brain podcast talked about "honor culture," much of which is in the south which has a lot of Trump fans.  In this culture if you are challenged, you need to respond to defend your manhood.  I would think, push come to shove (pardon the pun), if DeSantis biotch-slaps Trump and puts him in his place, folks from that culture will not only understand but respect DeSantis for defending his honor establishing himself as the alpha dog. And I don't think most independents or Lefties will be mad at him for putting Trump in his place.

So my advice would be for him to eventually be aggressive with Trump.  But it's a question of timing.  DeSantis shouldn't spend the next 18 months rolling around in the mud wrestling Trump, which Trump is more than happy to do.  

DeSantis probably needs a really good attack dog, maybe another primary candidate who is really running for VP. No idea who that person would be though. He can’t spend the next 18 months in a gutter fight or getting punched in the face like Jeb did.

Just now, MDC said:

DeSantis probably needs a really good attack dog, maybe another primary candidate who is really running for VP. No idea who that person would be though. He can’t spend the next 18 months in a gutter fight or getting punched in the face like Jeb did.

Until the GOP voters reject this orange troll he’s the guy. I assumed Jan 6th finished him off but poll after poll shows him ahead. Maybe that’s just name recognition but DeSantis looks like a chump when he speaks so is it going to help as he gets out there more?

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Until the GOP voters reject this orange troll he’s the guy. I assumed Jan 6th finished him off but poll after poll shows him ahead. Maybe that’s just name recognition but DeSantis looks like a chump when he speaks so is it going to help as he gets out there more?

I’ll go on record now predicting Trump to win. He starts with a block of 30-50% of the Republican voter base and Ron splits the rest of the “not Trump” vote. I also have no idea how Ron handles Trump in a way that doesn’t make him look like a scumbag or a wimp. I don’t know what the angle is there.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ll go on record now predicting Trump to win. He starts with a block of 30-50% of the Republican voter base and Ron splits the rest of the “not Trump” vote. I also have no idea how Ron handles Trump in a way that doesn’t make him look like a scumbag or a wimp. I don’t know what the angle is there.

I have been thinking it would be Ron or someone else 100% but Ron looks real shaky. It’s still so early but man they love that fuking orange guy. It’s remarkable.

I wish Trump would just go away.  I think Desantis could win the election quite handily if he runs a decent campaign.  He SHOULD get the Trump vote, plus a lot of independents and even some Democrats who realize what a cluster Biden is.  However, if Trump chooses to run I kind of hope he wins the primary.  Because if not I could see him running as an independent which would sink BOTH he AND Desantis.  And I do think Trump can beat Biden.  Just not as easily as Desantis.

Trump isn’t winning blue states in the primary.  It’s going to be a tight race.  

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

I wish Trump would just go away.  I think Desantis could win the election quite handily if he runs a decent campaign.  He SHOULD get the Trump vote, plus a lot of independents and even some Democrats who realize what a cluster Biden is.  However, if Trump chooses to run I kind of hope he wins the primary.  Because if not I could see him running as an independent which would sink BOTH he AND Desantis.  And I do think Trump can beat Biden.  Just not as easily as Desantis.

I doubt he runs as an independent but Trump could convince his supporters to stay home. In a close general that could be enough.

I’m sort is amused to see so many Republicans wish Trump would go away. Just a few years ago he was better than Lincoln and won re-election in a landslide except for the cheating.

:lol: 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

DeSantis should wait till 2028.

Must be chilly in hell because I agree.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Must be chilly in hell because I agree.

Bro, we pretty much agree about everything except I hate minorities and you don't 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I doubt he runs as an independent but Trump could convince his supporters to stay home. In a close general that could be enough.

I’m sort is amused to see so many Republicans wish Trump would go away. Just a few years ago he was better than Lincoln and won re-election in a landslide except for the cheating.

:lol: 

1)  I am not a Republican.  Have never registered with a party and never will.

2)  Like most elections, the last two were the lesser of two evils.  Biden and Hitlery.  Those were his opponents.  And I still didn't vote for him when he ran against Hitlery.  Of those three, there is no doubt in my mind he did the best job. 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Bro, we pretty much agree about everything except I hate minorities and you don't 

I don’t hate anyone.

Except Crapman. Everyone hates Crapman. :( 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  I am not a Republican.  Have never registered with a party and never will.

2)  Like most elections, the last two were the lesser of two evils.  Biden and Hitlery.  Those were his opponents.  And I still didn't vote for him when he ran against Hitlery.  Of those three, there is no doubt in my mind he did the best job. 

Why wouldn’t you want to vote in this primary? If you want Trump out then the primary is the best chance. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why wouldn’t you want to vote in this primary? If you want Trump out then the primary is the best chance. 

I assume you're referring to me not being affiliated with a party?  From the CO secretary of state election FAQ:

Q2. Who can vote in a Primary Election?

A2. During either the Presidential or June primary:

• Voters affiliated with a major party: may cast a ballot for candidates of the party they are affiliated with.
  • Voters affiliated with a minor party: if there is a minor party contest those affiliated with that minor party may cast a ballot for those candidates.
  • Unaffiliated voters: An unaffiliated voter may cast a ballot for any one political party. If an unaffiliated voter returns a ballot with more than one political party, the ballot will be rejected and none of the votes will be counted.

But even if I couldn't vote in a primary without registering with a party I wouldn't.  There is no reason for our government to even recognize political parties.  They certainly shouldn't be passing rules that favor them.  I will not allow myself to be used as a pawn by an entity I want nothing to do with.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I assume you're referring to me not being affiliated with a party?  From the CO secretary of state election FAQ:

But even if I couldn't vote in a primary without registering with a party I wouldn't.  There is no reason for our government to even recognize political parties.  They certainly shouldn't be passing rules that favor them.  I will not allow myself to be used as a pawn by an entity I want nothing to do with.

Ok. Different in my state. Have to be a member to vote in the primary.  

The first normal Republican to align all the other normal ones with favors, spots in the cabinet, VP, what have you should win. 

Do any of these people have that pull? DeSantis with all his culture war crap is making it harder to be that guy. 

PA is a closed primary. I’ve registered as a Republican to vote in the primary a few times before and May do it again in ‘24.

:ninja: 

49 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t hate anyone.

Except Crapman. Everyone hates Crapman. :( 

I've heard about this. Children that get abused by adults often times make up names for their abusers out of fear of more abuse.

Maybe you can take one of your dolls into your next therapy appointment and show the therapist where your daddy touches you when he gets home drunk every night.

Just go with your rat instincts on this one. Maybe a professional can help.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm shocked that the MSM is starting to fill the minds of the sheeple that DeSantis can't win so all of the Repubs should vote for Trump.  :lol:

I mean all the quotes in there are from big Republican donors. You can’t hide from this Ronald. 

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I mean all the quotes in there are from big Republican donors. You can’t hide from this Ronald. 

No they aren't.  They are all from some version of "a person familiar with."  I'm not going to quote them, feel free to check for yourself.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

No they aren't.  They are all from some version of "a person familiar with."  I'm not going to quote them, feel free to check for yourself.

A big problem with liberals is they think others will fall for the same things they do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Fair enough. The “fake news” take. DeSantis is just getting started, he’s got months and months of this - the biggest shots coming from Trump. We’ll see if he has a chin. 

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Fair enough. The “fake news” take. DeSantis is just getting started, he’s got months and months of this - the biggest shots coming from Trump. We’ll see if he has a chin. 

Not so much "fake news" as "anonymous sources", the go to for the MSM the last decade or so.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not so much "fake news" as "anonymous sources", the go to for the MSM the last decade or so.

Right?  

Same playbook as 2016 and 2020 - they want to face Trump so act like he's the front runner.   What a load of shiat.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

The thing is even if this story is 100% fabricated this is like the smallest taste of shet Ronald is about to get. Welcome to the arena.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The thing is even if this story is 100% fabricated this is like the smallest taste of shet Ronald is about to get. Welcome to the arena.

Is he curled into a ball crying in a corner somewhere?  

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Is he curled into a ball crying in a corner somewhere?  

I hope not. He hasn’t done anything yet and is way behind in the polls. He’s got some work to do.

Going to be a fun process watching these two bludgeon each other. 

17 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I hope not. He hasn’t done anything yet and is way behind in the polls. He’s got some work to do.

Going to be a fun process watching these two bludgeon each other. 

Why should DeSantis jump in now?  Let Trump punch himself out and come in later.  :thumbsup: 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why should DeSantis jump in now?  Let Trump punch himself out and come in later.  :thumbsup: 

It’s a tough call. At some point they gotta go at it WWE style. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I'm shocked that the MSM is starting to fill the minds of the sheeple that DeSantis can't win so all of the Repubs should vote for Trump.  :lol:

Guess Poso is a sheeple too:

But regardless of whether or not “prominent Republicans” are actually saying this, wasn’t this opinion (that Desantis should just wait until 2028) shared by several of the righties here?

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Guess Poso is a sheeple too:

But regardless of whether or not “prominent Republicans” are actually saying this, wasn’t this opinion (that Desantis should just wait until 2028) shared by several of the righties here?

There are a few Trump fans here you might have noticed; I presume they think DeSantis should wait. :dunno:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

There are a few Trump fans here you might have noticed; I presume they think DeSantis should wait. :dunno:

Tim is one of them. :thumbsup: