Utilit99

Just got off a work call with some folks in Texas

Those living there are without power because of cold and snow. 

2 million without power. In TEXAS because of cold and snow.  :shocking:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, posty said:

It happens...  It is winter...

Well, they live there and are kind of shocked at 4 inches of snow and below 0 temps.

10 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Yeah, I'm working with a utility down there now. Things are nuts.

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, they live there and are kind of shocked at 4 inches of snow and below 0 temps.

True it isn't normal, but we can't control the weather...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

True it isn't normal, but we can't control the weather...

Exactly. But I like the weather, so I talk about it. I lived in Florida for a few years a while back and the weather was boring. Holidays weren't the same, etc.. 

50 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just got off a work call with some folks in Texas

More importantly though, is the McRib coming back?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

More importantly though, is the McRib coming back?

I wish I ran McDonalds. I would force them to make their food fresh for every order. I would probably make more than 6 figures as well.

Back to the topic though, in Michigan it's 6 degrees today and not one person has even mentioned the weather at the office today...it just is what it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Back to the topic though, in Michigan it's 6 degrees today and not one person has even mentioned the weather at the office today...it just is what it is. 

That's interesting, because the first thing that came up in my call with folks from Texas was that it was -4 and they were without power.

It's crazy they brought it up. But I'm sure Texas cities are as prepared for 4 inches of snow as they are in Michigan. So...

I think you are trying to hard honch fritter. 

The weather has been nuts the last week. Cold everywhere. It’s been below zero here for over a week now. It’s suppose to be up to the 30’s by the weekend and it’s going to feel like late spring. There will be people out in shorts and a t-shirt enjoying the warmer weather. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The weather has been nuts the last week. Cold everywhere. It’s been below zero here for over a week now. It’s suppose to be up to the 30’s by the weekend and it’s going to feel like late spring. There will be people out in shorts and a t-shirt enjoying the warmer weather. 

Yes. In the north, when the weather is really cold for a while, then it goes up to 40, people dress like it's summer. 

The weather has been nuts.

I do enjoy seeing people down south experience the weather we have occasionally. Always entertaining. Sucks when going on vacation south though. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I wish I ran McDonalds. I would force them to make their food fresh for every order. I would probably make more than 6 figures as well.

You would get undercut and driven out of business by AMPM which makes breakfast egg sandwiches, burgers and hotdogs, sticks them under a heat lamp and sells them for pennies.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

You losers still wearing masks and have everything shut down? 🤣 

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You would get undercut and driven out of business by AMPM which makes breakfast egg sandwiches, burgers and hotdogs, sticks them under a heat lamp and sells them for pennies.

I used to have to fly into Detroit and work in a town called Jackson in Michigan for about 8 months. I think it was Jackson. They had nothing in that city around where I worked except some ghetto, and a huge prison, and a McDonalds, and a gas station right next store that made delicious breakfast sandwiches. Yum.

But the McDonalds was doing fine anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I used to have to fly into Detroit and work in a town called Jackson in Michigan for about 8 months. I think it was Jackson. They had nothing in that city around where I worked except some ghetto, and a huge prison, and a McDonalds, and a gas station right next store that made delicious breakfast sandwiches. Yum.

But the McDonalds was doing fine anyway.  

I think its coming anyway.  If AMPM keeps putting cheap food under a heat lamp, they will slowly bleed out McDonalds and steal all of its clientele.  The people that go to McDonalds want cheap grub and have no palette.  Its just a matter of time.

for those interested....

www.poweroutage.us 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I think its coming anyway.  If AMPM keeps putting cheap food under a heat lamp, they will slowly bleed out McDonalds and steal all of its clientele.  The people that go to McDonalds want cheap grub and have no palette.  Its just a matter of time.

I like McDonalds. I don't go there all that much, but damnit when I do, I like them. I don't like the heat lamp warmed fried stuff gas station sellers!!

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I like McDonalds. I don't go there all that much, but damnit when I do, I like them. I don't like the heat lamp warmed fried stuff gas station sellers!!

anger at the heat lamp is overblown.  the stuff sells. 

Bunch of focking pvssys.  I hasn't been above 0 for 10 days here.  Might have to put on a light jacket.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Disagree.  McDonalds has one of the world's strongest brands.  They'll be the last one standing if your fast food civil war starts.  Not to mention that they cater to people who like the convenience of drive thru, or a dine in spot for a quick break with the kids.

That being said,  when I was a poor HS kid I ate burritos from AMPM.  To call them food is generous, and I have no idea what they put in that mixture of preservatives, but they were oddly addicting 

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

A friend in South Fort Worth just had is power come back on. It was out for 11 hours. 

I haven’t had power since 5:00am. 

28 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Bunch of focking pvssys.  I hasn't been above 0 for 10 days here.  Might have to put on a light jacket.  

Yeah yeah.  And when it hits 90 with 75% humidity you MN puzzies get heat stroke and 3rd degree sun burns. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I haven’t had power since 5:00am. 

Sorry to hear that. 

My friend who got his power back after 11 hours had time to brew one cup of coffee, before the power went off again. Doh!!

Just now, BiPolarBear said:

Sorry to hear that. 

My friend who got his power back after 11 hours had time to brew one cup of coffee, before the power went off again. Doh!!

Did he start eating his cats?! :o

58 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Sorry to hear that. 

I think they are rotating power outages now. This is supposed to go on for a few days possibly. Well, the weather anyway.

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Dumb.   Kids love McDonald's.  They aren't gonna eat gas station food 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Yeah yeah.  And when it hits 90 with 75% humidity you MN puzzies get heat stroke and 3rd degree sun burns. 

Yeah yeah. I always love watching the southerners slide all over the road when there's a dusting of snow. You can go 80mph on a freeway in bumper to bumper traffic but can't figure out how to get a 2 ton car to move anywhere after a quarter inch of the white stuff. At least we know how to drive when there's a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Dry and sunny is another story... slow- ass Minnesotans... we're only good at driving when the roads suck.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

That's interesting, because the first thing that came up in my call with folks from Texas was that it was -4 and they were without power.

I think you are trying to hard honch fritter. 

I think that was his point.   For the people that are used to it it doesn’t really come up...