Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Baseball opening (2021 Geek Homers League)

With the sad passing of gratefulted last year, we have one opening in the FFToday Geek Homers League. 

Ted was a dodgers fan and ran that team in our league... so if there are any Dodger fans who would be interested in taking his place....

Or if you have a local/favorite team that is not currently owned (Yankees, Phillies for example). 

Feel free to ask any questions here. A number of league members can answer any and all questions about format. Posty, CMH, Mookz etc all post here I believe. 

:wave:

1 hour ago, edjr said:

:wave:

I had $100 on you being the first to respond 😁

• Haha 2

There has been many people that talk fantasy baseball here and some even think that they are good, but none of them never seem to want to step up to the plate...

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I had $100 on you being the first to respond 😁

:doublethumbsup:

Im sure we have one geek here who like baseball/fantasy and has a favorite MLB team.  I will run down some of the key aspects of the league below

• You own one major league team... (for example I run the Rays)
  • Any player who has only played for the your team or for other teams that are not owned is considered exclusive to you .... (Kevin Kiermaier has only played for the Rays and is exclusive for me) ..... (Chris Archer has played for the Rays and Pirates but no one owns the Pirates so he remains exclusive for me)
  • Any other players who have played for your team as well as other teams that ARE owned become part of our draft. (example Tommy Pham has played for the Rays and Cardinals who are also owned so we both have the ability to draft him)
  • In order to be eligible to be drafted by your team, a player must have accrued at least 1 at bat or 1 inning pitched at the major league level... OR be in your farm system... OR be a free agent addition where it is assumed they will accrue stats in the coming season.

We hold our draft which usually goes 10-14 rounds and then the rest of the rosters are filled in with exclusive players. 

After our draft we have a 2 round supplemental draft (snake) where owners can help fill in roster holes. The supplemental player pool consists of any players that no one could lay claim to during the regular draft.  For example there are no Yankee owners so Aaron Judge is part of the supplemental draft pool.

At the MLB all-star break, we hold another 2 round supplemental draft (non snake) to help level the playing field for the stretch run. 

8 teams make the playoffs out of 14.

We have had small market, big market, low payroll, high payroll teams all win titles and/or compete.

I can say it's the most unique and fun fantasy league i've ever been a part of, including any of my many football leagues. 

I have to imagine with all the Philty fans and Yanktards on the board. Someone has to be down for some fantasy baseball ⚾️ 

• Thanks 1

Wait.. Greatfulted died? Who? How? Was he old?

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you need someone?  I am a Padre fan and hate the Dojers though

Sending you a PM