Hardcore troubadour

Rush Limbaugh - RIP

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Human garbage. Good riddance POS.

Show us on the doll where he touched you. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good man.  R.I.P.  A giant in radio.  

A giant fountain of hot air, hate and misinformation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

It's amazing how many people sh!t on a still warm corpse.

Couldn’t even wait a day, hell an hour. 

Same people that champion criminals.  

As if the others here would’ve done any different if it was some liberal hack they didn’t like who passed away.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

As if the others here would’ve done any different if it was some liberal hack they didn’t like who passed away.

I have little doubt that they would.

Honestly, I enjoyed listening to him. I didn't always agree with him, but he was certainly entertaining. Listening to him on one of his rants was interesting...I never understood how someone could be so outright ANGRY. 

Anyways, RIP, Rush. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Honestly, I enjoyed listening to him. I didn't always agree with him, but he was certainly entertaining. Listening to him on one of his rants was interesting...I never understood how someone could be so outright ANGRY. 

Anyways, RIP, Rush. 

It was all for show. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Anyways, RIP, Rush. 

Same here.  I grew up listening to Rush, read his books, he taught me a lot about politics.  As I got older I lost interest and increasingly disagreed with him.  Haven't listened to him in over 20 years.

I don't see where all the hate and vitriol is despite not agreeing with his politics.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Exactly.

As much as I despise 🤡🦖, I never wished any harm upon him, particularly when he was hospitalized with the COVID. 

Limbaugh was the source of a lot of divisive coming out of the alt-right to this day, with talks of civil war and demonizing everything on the left. 

He gave birth to infotainment and fostered polarization in this country. He, FOX and Newt Gingrich helped create the angry alt-right, with the reaction being CNN and MSNBC pandering to the left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Exactly.

As much as I despise 🤡🦖, I never wished any harm upon him, particularly when he was hospitalized with the COVID. 

Limbaugh was the source of a lot of divisive coming out of the alt-right to this day, with talks of civil war and demonizing everything on the left. 

He gave birth to infotainment and fostered polarization in this country. He, FOX and Newt Gingrich helped create the angry alt-right, with the reaction being CNN and MSNBC pandering to the left.

I haven't listened to Limbaugh since the rise of the Alt-right, so I don't know what he contributed to it, but I can tell you that CNN pandered to the left back in the 80s/90s, and Limbaugh was the counteraction to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP.  I can hardly remember a time when he wasn't on the radio.  I used to work in a warehouse with a guy who walked around with a little pocket radio playing his show.  Every.Single.Day.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I haven't listened to Limbaugh since the rise of the Alt-right, so I don't know what he contributed to it, but I can tell you that CNN pandered to the left back in the 80s/90s, and Limbaugh was the counteraction to that.

I listened to him quite a bit leading up to the November election. I didn't realize until then that the angry alt-right was parroting his vitriol, which I'd been seeing all over Facebook and then in this forearm. 

I never listened much as his show was on when I was working.  I do respect that he never waited for others to give him....his opinion like so many people do now. He said what was on his mind.  

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I listened to him quite a bit leading up to the November election. I didn't realize until then that the angry alt-right was parroting his vitriol, which I'd been seeing all over Facebook and then in this forearm. 

There is a lot of anger all around, Rusty.  You can't blame one person or one side.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Twitter is blowing up with just vile celebrations of his death.  Sad that people act this way.

Of course it is...  That is no surprise...

RIP Rush...

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Never cared for him but he definitely left his mark on radio.

He certainly did...

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Twitter is blowing up with just vile celebrations of his death.  Sad that people act this way.

Doesn’t surprise me. Lots of stupid people in the world. Lots of hate. 

I really enjoyed the episode of Family Guy he was on. Him being on their actually made me respect him a little more. 

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

you're on the wrong side of history as well as class

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

First guy to rush to reply in this thread. You described it well. "Vile".

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Who did he hate?

I might be mistaken, but I got the impression that Rush wasn't a huge Obama fan. JS. 

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

There is a lot of anger all around, Rusty.  You can't blame one person or one side.

Wait, I thought the left believed in never hating...  At least that is what those signs in people's yards said about "There is no hate here" and so on...

I guess they were lying?

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I might be mistaken, but I got the impression that Rush wasn't a huge Obama fan. JS. 

Anybody with a brain wasn't...

• Like 1

There is this weird thing in America, has been going on since the 70s. The gubment ties you up and makes you listen to something you're not interested in. I really wish they would allow people to change the channel/station and listen to something else :( 

• Like 1

He will not be missed by me. I have nothing positive to say other than he had enough sense to copy from Howard Stern.