Hardcore troubadour

Rush Limbaugh - RIP

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

That was something Rush said about Jerry Garcia (“dead doper”), Petunia.

You’re a troll and get off on it.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

You’re a troll and get off on it.

Rush was a troll. But now he’s dead. :lol: 

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Same here.  I grew up listening to Rush, read his books, he taught me a lot about politics.  As I got older I lost interest and increasingly disagreed with him.  Haven't listened to him in over 20 years.

I don't see where all the hate and vitriol is despite not agreeing with his politics.

I'm always fascinated by this sort of this.  Every single time I run into this, it is the exact same conversation:

"I disagreed with Rush"

"What specifically did you disagree on?"

"Well I disagree with him when he said x, y, z"

"He never said those things.  You got that from the liberal media that lied about what he said."

"Oh, my bad.  I still disagree with him though."

"WHAT THE FOCK ARE YOU BLABBERING ABOUT?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I'm always fascinated by this sort of this.  Every single time I run into this, it is the exact same conversation:

"I disagreed with Rush"

"What specifically did you disagree on?"

"Well I disagree with him when he said x, y, z"

"He never said those things.  You got that from the liberal media that lied about what he said."

"Oh, my bad.  I still disagree with him though."

"WHAT THE FOCK ARE YOU BLABBERING ABOUT?"

I didn't realize until today that you were parroting Rush with all your civil-war nonsense. 

Squawk squawk.

Civil war.

Squawk squawk.

Civil war.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rush was a troll. But now he’s dead. :lol: 

This says everything about you and why Mike allows you to post is astounding.

What seats did the Republicans hope to pick up in 2010?

The two seats Limbaugh had to purchase whenever he flew commercial airliners!

POW!

VEAL!

Why didn't Rush Limbaugh think Michael J. Fox's parkinsons condition was serious?

Because you only shake like that when the pharmacist takes too long to fill an oxycontin prescription!

POW!

VEAL!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Why didn't Rush Limbaugh think Michael J. Fox's parkinsons condition was serious?

Because you only shake like that when the pharmacist takes too long to fill an oxycontin prescription!

POW!

VEAL!

Veal?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

This says everything about you and why Mike allows you to post is astounding.

Gonna cry? FBG may be more your speed. Plus you can spy on your man crush Sho there. 

• Haha 1

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rush-limbaugh-dead-trump-ruined-america-1129222/

This incredibly wealthy super-patriot used his life’s last energies to do his damnedest to recast a pandemic as a deadly, partisan culture war. To paint a lawless and lunatic president as a wronged and heroic savior of the republic, a symbol of all the myriad wrongs done to Team White America. To call the first woman of color nominated for vice president a “ho” and a “mattress,” to depict racial-justice protests as signs of a coming Armageddon, and to stir up hysteria about a Democratic plot to steal the election. And, ultimately, to lead the cheers and comfort the troops as Republicans turned against democracy itself.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MDC said:

Gonna cry? FBG may be more your speed. Plus you can spy on your man crush Sho there. 

You are out of control 

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Cry softly into your pillow.

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Cry softly into your pillow.

I laugh at you trolls 

I seem to remember some of you dancing on RGB and McCain’s graves. But it was perfectly ok then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Why don't you state again that someone is nuts and out of control?

:first:

Troll away. You thrive on it.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Troll away. You thrive on it.

What is wrong with him?

He’s not well. :( 

5 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

BDS is bad in him.

6 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

BDS is bad in him.

No...I call out you trolling.

8 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Yeah, and that one, too. Getting off on the trolling. Say it over and over.

It’s your life.

Rush began his syndicated show in New York City in July 1988.  The GOP went 4-5 in the general election during his tenure.  The nation produced 3 new GOP presidents and 3 new democrat presidents.  The GOP went 10-7 in terms of House control.  The GOP went 10-7 in terms of Senate control.  That was after a period of total domination of congress by democrats for 40 years.  The SCOTUS went 6-3 right wing.  Blacks began the process of becoming more of a swing vote instead of a democrat voting bloc.  

Rush undisputably left the GOP in a stronger position than when he found it.

dem control house 88 90 92 06 08 18 20 

gop control house 94 96 98 00 02 04 10 12 14 16 

dem senate control 88 90 92 08 10 12 20

gop senate control 94 96 98 00 02 04 06 14 16 18 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

His take on McNabb was completely wrong, and made me take his political opinion, sometimes outright lies or just stupidity with a grain of salt.  He even said he didn't believe there was a link between smoking and lung cancer.  

Jesus H Christ.  No-one has ever had 100% accuracy on their sports takes.  What a way to call Rush out.

15 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I seem to remember some of you dancing on RGB and McCain’s graves. But it was perfectly ok then. 

I didn't say it was OK or not OK.  I just noted that when the opposition does it, its the ultimate sign of respect from them.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Jesus H Christ.  No-one has ever had 100% accuracy on their sports takes.  What a way to call Rush out.

It's what I remember taking from his comments at the time.  I still fully support most of what he said.  I probably shouldn't have posted that though.

3 hours ago, OldMaid said:

I seem to remember some of you dancing on RGB and McCain’s graves.

I did and will again. Carry on with your dancing. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I did and will again. Carry on with your dancing. :dunno:

I just find the hypocrisy funny.

23 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I just find the hypocrisy funny.

You only find hypocrisy funny when it suits you, like everyone else. Dance on :banana:

• Like 1

I'm not gonna dance on someone's grave, so I'll say this:

Rush was insanely talented. He was articulate, intelligent and driven. He is the single most important and influential radio personality of the last 30 years, dwarfing Howard Stern, who is the only one even close to his league. My condolences to those of you that mourn his loss.

While I never listened to his radio show, I can honestly say that if I had, I probably would've agreed with 80% of what he said. The fact that he made liberals whine is good enough for me. RIP.

• Thanks 1

I listened to him occasionally. Too many commercials for me. He did have some interesting takes on certain stories that made me view things through a different lens. 
I stopped listening to talk radio after the election. I don’t miss it and kind of enjoy my drives more. 

10 hours ago, Fnord said:

I'm not gonna dance on someone's grave, so I'll say this:

Rush was insanely talented. He was articulate, intelligent and driven. He is the single most important and influential radio personality of the last 30 years, dwarfing Howard Stern, who is the only one even close to his league. My condolences to those of you that mourn his loss.

Rush would actually bring technical expertise to his show.  He would actually break down the process of what was going on.  If a bill was under consideration by congress, Rush would approach the story by saying this person was holding it up because of x, these 3 people were waiting for y to happen before making a decision, etc.  Pretty much all of the other political talk shows ignore that sort of stuff and go for shock value 100% of the time. 

Rush was part shock jock and part informative.  Really all of other talk radio hosts are 100% shock jock. 

Rush was different because he actually knew a lot of elected officials in DC and had insider info.  He knew how the political machine worked and could describe it.  A guy like Hannity is 100% looking for the wedge issue, the biggest controversy, and nothing more.

I had listened to Rush and Hannity over the years.  Rush was smart and funny and interesting.  Hannity was just a political hack that was not entertaining at all.

People can hate on Rush all they want, but he had mass appeal, a feat that no liberal talk show host could ever reproduce, and that angered them.   In the end folks like Rusty are just jealous.  Rush created an empire while they fail at everything they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/02/how_rush_limbaugh_rescued_me_from_liberalism.html

How Rush Limbaugh rescued me from liberalism By Dex Bahr

Like millions of my fellow Americans, it was like a gut shot hearing the news that Rush Limbaugh went to be with the LORD after succumbing to stage four lung cancer. At first, I was very sad, but I then got an image of Rush just beaming joyfully in the presence of God and it brought a smile to my face. I have never met Mr. Limbaugh, but I can honestly say he changed my life. He is the reason, this American, who also happens to be Black, became a conservative.

I first listened to Mr. Limbaugh in 1993 and I was intrigued. I didn’t really have a choice.  You see, the car I was driving at the time only had an AM radio and the only station it received was the one broadcasting Rush’s syndicated show in the morning.

During my commute to work, my only listening choice was Rush Limbaugh. At first, I listened out of morbid curiosity, since Limbaugh at this point in was beginning to become the subject of many news reports and features, many of which portrayed him as a racist.

Weeks had gone by and I had not heard this Limbaugh guy spew any racist venom.  But a funny thing happened: I found myself agreeing with much of what he was saying.  At first, I was in denial because at the time I was a liberal and did not dare entertain the notion that I might have some conservative tendencies.  After all, I was told by my parents and the culture that Conservatives/Republicans were racist towards Blacks.  Now I was finding myself agreeing with a guy that the media had deemed as dangerous.  This was a real conundrum since, at the time, I believed everything the media reported as truth.

The more I listened to Limbaugh, the more I began to question things, especially about the media and race relations in America and how the Democrat party exploited it to divide the country. Limbaugh’s broadcasts encouraged me to learn about the origins of the Republican Party and how it was formed to fight slavery. I also learned that the Democrats, whom I thought were the heroes of the Civil Rights movement, were actually the villains since they were the party of slavery and Jim Crow.

Rush taught listeners like me to study about the origins of America and to appreciate the sacrifice and wisdom of the Founders of this great country.  The hours listening to his shows gave me profound appreciation for the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the first Thanksgiving.

I couldn’t get enough of him. I used to download his mp3’s onto CD’s when those became available and was a subscriber to his invaluable newsletter for 20 years. Limbaugh, being on the cutting on the edge, then provided podcasts which were eventually able to be accessed by smart phone.

What I most loved about Mr. Limbaugh was his humility and his great love for this country. It was infectious. Also compelling was his encouragement to listeners to pursue their dreams and passions.  I am indebted to Rush because he inspired me to write my first book and to become a columnist.

Rush was informative, even more so than the mainstream media. It was not for nothing that he called himself “America’s Anchorman.”  A listener, tuning into his show or reading his newsletter, would get stories ignored by the drive-by media (as he called them) or get the rest of the information conveniently left out of their printed or broadcast reports.

Part of Mr. Limbaugh’s dedication to truth was in the form of humor. And as listeners can testify, Rush was damned funny. Some of my biggest belly laughs were listening to his parodies which skewered the likes of John McCain, Bill and Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I revisited these bits of comedy gold in the Rush Limbaugh podcast while preparing to write this piece.

Mr. Limbaugh’s greatest legacy in my humble opinion was educating his listeners in the liberal mindset. As a result, it was no surprise to read of the vile leftist tweets and comments regarding his passing.  These are truly sick people who are overcome with hate.  Frankly, who gives a flying you-know-what about the bile spewed by these demon-possessed losers. Thanks to Limbaugh, everything about Democrats is predictable.

Rush’s passing marks the end of an era in this country and to myself.  For 28 years, I listened to Rush, either live or via mp3 or podcasts. He was an integral part of my day.  I am going to miss his jovial and authoritative voice immensely.

Godspeed, Rush.  I know you are dancing with joy and are in awe at the beauty of God.  I look forward to meeting you in heaven.   Blessings to your wife and family.   But most of all, thank you for changing my life for the better.

-----

Pretty much kind of what I went through, well except the being black part...  But with parents being Democrats in a state that was heavily Democratic at the time, I was probably going that way...  Now I didn't listen as much as this guy did, but Rush did keep me from being a liberal as well...

48 minutes ago, posty said:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/02/how_rush_limbaugh_rescued_me_from_liberalism.html

How Rush Limbaugh rescued me from liberalism By Dex Bahr......

-----

Pretty much kind of what I went through, well except the being black part...  But with parents being Democrats in a state that was heavily Democratic at the time, I was probably going that way...  Now I didn't listen as much as this guy did, but Rush did keep me from being a liberal as well...

There are more and more people like him every year and the Democrats are in denial about it.