joneo

Floydd Trial Security

So Minneapolis is worried about security for the police officer's trail coming up. First, they scream to defund police. Now they back track and want law enforcement. But here's the deal: They fully recognize and anticipate there will be riots. What they won't admit is it will be BLM and Antifa. Why isn't Biden on the hook right now to quell his people and calm them down. Is he afraid they won't rub his leg hair any longer? Does he feel CornPop is going to defriend him from Facebook? 

Instead of all this security, why can't his greatness stop this? Doesn't he have a plan? 

• Thanks 1

Yep.  Where is his plan to fix this situation.  He's the President of the US for god focking sakes.  He needs to have a plan to avoid any issues.   

I'm betting right now...that Biden can't fix this problem and make it go away like he is supposed to do.   Make both sides happy. Just fix it.  Instead, he'll stick his thumb up his ass and sit there with his mouth open. 

The same BLM thugs want to lynch Kyle Rittenhouse for defending himself against BLM thugs.  It is Biden's voting base so he can't say anything. 

The problem with this is that the Left created a situation they can't control.  I'm not sure what they're actually charging Chauvin with, but I'm guessing that with the circus they created, he's going to be overcharged.  The net result is going to be an acquittal and the sh!t is going to hit the fan.

My guess is that the tactic the Left will use in trying to control this more to portray this as "systemic racism"... but neglect to tell you that it's the Democrats' system.  They'll blame it on white people (them), but imply that it's the "Conservative" white people.  They'll send out a minority mouth piece about how this is just another sign that black people are targeted.  Then the white Democrats will come out and say, "Yes, we as a nation need to better", and pander to the minorities... yet, won't actually do anything about it.  They can't really.  Because that means they'd have to take responsibility and we certainly know that won't happen.

• Thanks 1

Ya gotta look at this in the leftist POV.  This trial is about nothing but racism and white supremecy.  This isn't about the nuance of Minnesota criminal law and whether these guys are guilty.  It is about trying four people, in the court of public opinion,  that hated Floyd based on his skin color.  And NOTHING is off the table for making, not only these 4 men pay the price, but anyone who dare say they should have a fair trial based on facts. Its akin to public hangings. The BLM presence and shenanigans provide the visible deterrent to those who dare support these men. Hence, the violence and intimidation. 

Floyd died from a heart attack caused by fentanyl per the coroners office.  Nothing criminal happened.  

• Thanks 1

They want the riots. They wanted them all summer. It helps. So what if a city gets wrecked? They will just print more money and give it to their side.  But they get to keep the narrative. If you don’t vote for me you ain’t black and if you’re white and don’t vote for me you stand with the racists. Nice work if you can get it. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem with this is that the Left created a situation they can't control.  I'm not sure what they're actually charging Chauvin with, but I'm guessing that with the circus they created, he's going to be overcharged.  The net result is going to be an acquittal and the sh!t is going to hit the fan.

My guess is that the tactic the Left will use in trying to control this more to portray this as "systemic racism"... but neglect to tell you that it's the Democrats' system.  They'll blame it on white people (them), but imply that it's the "Conservative" white people.  They'll send out a minority mouth piece about how this is just another sign that black people are targeted.  Then the white Democrats will come out and say, "Yes, we as a nation need to better", and pander to the minorities... yet, won't actually do anything about it.  They can't really.  Because that means they'd have to take responsibility and we certainly know that won't happen.

You nailed it! They did over charge and the woman beating Attorney General has basically admitted it. 

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a32759524/george-floyd-cops-charged-attorney-general-keith-ellison/

10 minutes ago, joneo said:

the woman beating Attorney General . 

Don't get me started on that mutherfucker.  :mad:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Don't get me started on that mutherfucker.  :mad:

I know..right?  When this POS got elected, it should have triggered all women's groups to grab their pitchforks. Nope....all of a sudden, you can't believe all women's claims. 

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

The same BLM thugs want to lynch Kyle Rittenhouse for defending himself against BLM thugs.  It is Biden's voting base so he can't say anything. 

That kid's a hero. Anyone who doesn't think so is the lowest form of human being imaginable. Regardless of party affiliations.

🇺🇸

• Thanks 1

Minnesota taxpayers are already on the hook for damages caused by the 2020 riots.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/02/16/mn-house-300-million-rebuild-businesses-2020-riots-george-floyd/?fbclid=IwAR29_ALGWtFGXQMTqyAuRdoVXkWqQ9l57NCX9FWwf8B3CJOs-xOp8dS7ihU

Minnesota, at least politically, is the laughing stock of the nation. It started with Al Franken. 

Minnesota Democrats are so naïve, I'm convinced that if their party leaders in Minnesota (The DFL) told them that they believed unsupervised daycare work was a good rehabilitation method for pedophiles, they'd go along with it. 

https://www.dfl.org

Looks like they installed barbed wire fences around the courthouse. Nothing like a wall and armed guards to protect you even though they supposedly don’t work :rolleyes:

If there is protests and any politician praises it then they should be charged with inciting an insurrection. Fair is fair right? 

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2021/03/01/george-floyd-trial-barbed-wire-fencing-barricade-installed-minne.html?cq_ck=1614636182894&cid=BET__FBPAGE___4532662414&linkId=112407927&fbclid=IwAR1MB2x0B5gj3B22hHBWJ5pSpg9dmG_NP8rAM_2bhGUlRzLp0rFCqh2e79A

🍿

Riot tourism could be a boom there.  Riot Disney.  Pretty soon Universal will open one up. :thumbsup:  

Can you imagine being called to serve on that focking jury? Christ. If they acquit, you're whole damn family better move abroad. You will be utterly distroyed. 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:50 AM, NorthernVike said:

Floyd died from a heart attack caused by fentanyl per the coroners office.  Nothing criminal happened.  

Fetanyl or no, Chauvin is going to prison. And he should, you don't kneel on the neck of a person already detained and complaining they can't breathe for nearly nine minutes.

While Minneapolis and Biden* richly deserve a "not guilty" racial insurrection, they are not on trial, Chauvin is, and Chauvin does not deserve a "not guilty" verdict and will not get one.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Fetanyl or no, Chauvin is going to prison. And he should, you don't kneel on the neck of a person already detained and complaining they can't breathe for nearly nine minutes.

While Minneapolis and Biden* richly deserve a "not guilty" racial insurrection, they are not on trial, Chauvin is, and Chauvin does not deserve a "not guilty" verdict and will not get one.

The fock he don't.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Agreed dependent on the charge.  If its Murder 1 or 2 then he will be acquitted (or should).  That's just dumb and hopefully the D.A. doesn't overcharge based on public pressure.  

The correct charge is some level of involuntary manslaughter or something similar (negligence).  

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The fock he don't.  

1.  He was kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes while the dude was telling him he couldn't breathe, there should have been medical attention called, even though this Floyd guy was a dirtbag and died of drugs ultimately the police officer didn't do his job and failed.   

2.  He didn't murder the guy because he was black 

Both can be true.  Chauvin bears some culpability, not sure exactly the level but if the charge is "Murder" then they are overcharging him.   

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They over-charged Chauvin for political reasons. Now they're focked because they likely won't be able to convict on their highest charge. People will hear "not guilty" and lose their focking minds. 

1 minute ago, joneo said:

They over-charged Chauvin for political reasons. Now they're focked because they likely won't be able to convict on their highest charge. People will hear "not guilty" and lose their focking minds. 

And the rest of Minneapolis will burn.  Fock Walz, Frey, and especaily fock Ellinson. 🔥

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The fock he don't.  

95% of what the BLM freaks scream about is complete and total bullsh*t. What we have here belongs in the 5% that isn't. That's why the freak show is so deliriously happy about George Floyd, they finally have a clear cut case of police abuse and they didn't have to fabricate it out of whole cloth. I'll go to bat for the cops almost all the time, but not here. Chauvin focked up and he has turned their already difficult jobs into hell.

26 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Can you imagine being called to serve on that focking jury? Christ. If they acquit, you're whole damn family better move abroad. You will be utterly distroyed. 

There's no way to have a fair trial here.

I wouldn't want to be on that jury either.

28 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

19 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  He was kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes while the dude was telling him he couldn't breathe, there should have been medical attention called, even though this Floyd guy was a dirtbag and died of drugs ultimately the police officer didn't do his job and failed.   

2.  He didn't murder the guy because he was black 

Both can be true.  Chauvin bears some culpability, not sure exactly the level but if the charge is "Murder" then they are overcharging him.   

There are a couple of issues at play here...

1. We know that what Chauvin did (kneeling on Floyd's neck), is policy procedure.  There was video about this last summer.
  2. Floyd was complaining that he couldn't breathe well before he was lying on the ground.
  3. Floyd resisted arrest.
  4. We don't know (this may come out in the trial), if the officers called for an ambulance.
  5. There are mixed reports from the autopsy's of whether Chauvin put excessive force on Floyd's neck.

Some of these will be addressed in the trial.  It'll be interesting to see how it's told to the public.  In the end, I think Chauvin gets acquitted because the charges are too severe.  If here were charged with involuntary manslaughter, he probably would have been found guilty with very little effort.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There are a couple of issues at play here...

1. We know that what Chauvin did (kneeling on Floyd's neck), is policy procedure.  There was video about this last summer.
  2. Floyd was complaining that he couldn't breathe well before he was lying on the ground.
  3. Floyd resisted arrest.
  4. We don't know (this may come out in the trial), if the officers called for an ambulance.
  5. There are mixed reports from the autopsy's of whether Chauvin put excessive force on Floyd's neck.

Some of these will be addressed in the trial.  It'll be interesting to see how it's told to the public.  In the end, I think Chauvin gets acquitted because the charges are too severe.  If here were charged with involuntary manslaughter, he'd probably be found guilty with very little effort.

Even a jury pool consisting of 1920s Alabamans would have a hard time finding Chauvin innocent, but talk about fetanyl and the autopsy ... he may have had a shot. This jury pool will be filled with 2020s Minneapolis residents and he's toast. I'm about as pro-cop as they come and I'm ready to serve his ass up to the raving lunatic SJWs myself.

27 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Even a jury pool consisting of 1920s Alabamans would have a hard time finding Chauvin innocent, but talk about fetanyl and the autopsy ... he may have had a shot. This jury pool will be filled with 2020s Minneapolis residents and he's toast. I'm about as pro-cop as they come and I'm ready to serve his ass up to the raving lunatic SJWs myself.

I think there's a 0% chance they get a conviction on 2nd degree murder charge.  They have a legit shot at the 2nd degree manslaughter charge, but that's only because it's being held Minnesota.  In a red state/city, he'd get acquitted.  According to what I read, they say the max penalty for that is 10 years, but they usually serve less than 5.  My guess that he'll be made an example of, so he'll get the full 10 years.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think there's a 0% chance they get a conviction on 2nd degree murder charge.  They have a legit shot at the 2nd degree manslaughter charge, but that's only because it's being held Minnesota.  In a red state/city, he'd get acquitted.  According to what I read, they say the max penalty for that is 10 years, but they usually serve less than 5.  My guess that he'll be made an example of, so he'll get the full 10 years.

Don't you need intent for any murder? I'm not sure of the levels of manslaughter.

When they throw cops in prison for shlt like this, how does that all work out? Wouldn't they just become an automatic prime target for getting killed within days?

Most states have some different variables but generally speaking:

First-degree murder
Any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder, a charge that may be filed against a defendant who is involved in a dangerous crime where a death results from the crime,[13] is typically first-degree.[14]
Second-degree murder
Any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance.[15]
Voluntary manslaughter
Sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involves no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot under a spur-of-the-moment choice, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be voluntary manslaughter.[16]
Involuntary manslaughter
A killing that stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional or negligent act leading to death. A drunk driving–related death is typically involuntary manslaughter (see also vehicular homicide, causing death by dangerous driving, gross negligence manslaughter and causing death by criminal negligence for international equivalents). Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional", because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself

Involuntary Manslaughter should be the appropriate charge.  Then they have to prove it in court.

For Second-Degree the state will have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Chauvin INTENDED to kill Floyd.  Good luck with that.  

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't you need intent for any murder? I'm not sure of the levels of manslaughter.

When they throw cops in prison for shlt like this, how does that all work out? Wouldn't they just become an automatic prime target for getting killed within days?

We happen to ahve an expert in the house. Not only is @joneo is our resident prison officer, recently retired, he's from Minnesota as well.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, 2nd degree murder you need intent without premeditation.  They're not going to get that.  In Minnesota, they'll probably get manslaughter, even though I don't think they'll prove it.  This is what I read for manslaughter in Minnesota...

"You could be charged with second-degree manslaughter if you knowingly or consciously take a risk that results in the death of a person. For example, you engage in negligent behavior with a gun on a hunting trip then accidentally shoot someone dead."

I think they'll get him on that, even though I don't think they'll prove it.  They'll probably argue that he took a risk in putting his knee on Floyd's neck after Floyd complained that he couldn't breathe.  Well, kneeling on a person's neck who resisted arrest is police procedure in Minnesota and it's taught in the academy.  So, he wasn't taking a risk, he was following procedure.  The part about Floyd complaining that he couldn't breathe is where they have a chance with this.

I think the autopsy is going to be huge though.  I think the defense will try and argue that death was imminent because of the amount of fentanyl is Floyd's system.  That any actions by Chauvin bared no impact on the outcome.

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Most states have some different variables but generally speaking:

Involuntary Manslaughter should the appropriate charge.  Then they have to prove it in court.

For Second-Degree the state will have to prove beyond any reasonal doubt that Chauvin INTENDED to kill Floyd.  Good luck with that.  

Agree completely.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agree completely.

yup. there's no intent. and all the fetanyl, covid, etc in autopsy. in a fair trial there's no way a cop would be convicted of 2nd degree here. they overcharged as usual. but this guy ain't gonna get a fair trial. because cities will burn :rolleyes:

All these assertions about charges is depending on that Chauvins actions are what actually killed him.  Arrest with probable cause is one thing, beyond reasonable doubt is another. 

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

yup. there's no intent. and all the fetanyl, covid, etc in autopsy. in a fair trial there's no way a cop would be convicted of 2nd degree here. they overcharged as usual. but this guy ain't gonna get a fair trial. because cities will burn :rolleyes:

Forget the rest, and focus on Covid.  Claim he wouldn't have died unless he was predisposed.  Done.  They know they have no case for 2nd degree or else they wouldn't be preparing for riots.  They should getting a plea. 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, joneo said:

So Minneapolis is worried about security for the police officer's trail coming up. First, they scream to defund police. Now they back track and want law enforcement. But here's the deal: They fully recognize and anticipate there will be riots. What they won't admit is it will be BLM and Antifa. Why isn't Biden on the hook right now to quell his people and calm them down. Is he afraid they won't rub his leg hair any longer? Does he feel CornPop is going to defriend him from Facebook? 

Instead of all this security, why can't his greatness stop this? Doesn't he have a plan? 

Calling a spade a spade goes against the Democrat playbook 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

And the rest of Minneapolis will burn.  Fock Walz, Frey, and especaily fock Ellinson. 🔥

Just as long as they stay East of 35W