Strike

Carson Wentz is now a Colt!!!!!

44 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The losing part of that is more of an Eagles issue, not a Wentz issue.  Tom Brady was on an offense with no weapons and the his team didn't want him back.  There were a lot of people that said he was done.  He went to a team with a lot of weapons, had a great season, and won a Super Bowl.  Even the best of all time needs help.  Wentz is going to have that in 2021.  He's going to go from a team with virtually no weapons and an organization who doesn't want him to a team loaded with talent.  They have Taylor who showed he could be an excellent 3-down back AND Mack who ran for almost 1100 yards in 2019.  He's going to have a great OLine and good WR's in Hilton, Pascal, and Pittman.  He's also going to have 2 decent TE options in Burton and Alie-Cox.  Is he going to win a Super Bowl?  Maybe.  I definitely think they're a contender.

Mack's a free agent (UFA), may be back but not definitely

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He did have that 1 good year 4 years before that!

Anything's possible.   Not likely though.

So your story is that Foles' successful 5 games, 5 wins as a starter, including 2 playoff wins and a super bowl, was only because Wentz won 11 games prior.  That's your story?

Foles was 5-0 as a starter, but you're saying that he wouldn't have gone 10-2 like Wentz did?  9-3? Maybe we would have gone 12-0?

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Mack's a free agent (UFA), may be back but not definitely

Ok, cool.  Hines will be back though, right?  He's a pretty solid 3rd down back.

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He did have that 1 good year 4 years before that!

Anything's possible.   Not likely though.

Possible sure. It’s a major stretch to assume he would have gone 11-2.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

1) Wentz did not have an MVP Caliber season.  Go look at hs stats.  #11 in yards per game, #24 in comp%, #11 in yards per attempt. 1 4th qtr comeback, 1 gw drive.  He played well on a good team. 

2) Foles played well on a good team too.  He played well before in his NFL career, and played well the following year after Wentz got hurt, again.  That is the reason to be confident that Foles would have played well.

It's OK man, he's not on your team anymore.  The team already focked it up, no reason to give Wentz any credit at all.

Wentz finished 3rd in MVP voting in 2017 despite missing 3 starts.

:doh: 

The Colts have not invested a lot in Wentz here.  They could still draft a QB.  They could still trade up to draft a QB.  They could even cut Wentz in camp if it doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Possible sure. It’s a major stretch to assume he would have gone 11-2.

Wentz finished 3rd in MVP voting in 2017 despite missing 3 starts.

:doh: 

And after his backup won 5 games and a super bowl, it was clear to everyone that he wasn't the most valuable player :lol:

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

And after his backup won 5 games and a super bowl, it was clear to everyone that he wasn't the most valuable player :lol:

You should stick to things you know about, like building toys with your tiny little baby hands. :thumbsup: 

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So your story is that Foles' successful 5 games, 5 wins as a starter, including 2 playoff wins and a super bowl, was only because Wentz won 11 games prior.  That's your story?

Foles was 5-0 as a starter, but you're saying that he wouldn't have gone 10-2 like Wentz did?  9-3? Maybe we would have gone 12-0?

Foles had a great playoff run - I think he may have been able to win the extra playoff game if they didn't have a bye.

But I don't think he would have been able to go 13-2 in the first 15 games of the regular season, and based on most of his regular season numbers throughout his career, I'm not sure if he would have been able to even make the playoffs.

Obviously we'll never know.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The losing part of that is more of an Eagles issue, not a Wentz issue.  

Maybe. 72 QB rating.  50 sacks taken.  The NFL is about buying time, some can do it before the snap, some after. Wentz did neither. 

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

You should stick to things you know about, like building toys with your tiny little baby hands. :thumbsup: 

Tell me again how a team's MVP wins the super bowl without him? :lol:

You clearly dont know what an MVP is.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Maybe. 72 QB rating.  50 sacks taken.  The NFL is about buying time, some can do it before the snap, some after. Wentz did neither. 

I put no credence into last years numbers.  The organization didn't want him there, he didn't want to be there, the OLine was awful, and there was no help on the outside.  In 2019, when he was finally back into the groove, his sack % was the lower than his 2017 season where he was an MVP candidate.  He had a passer rating over 93 and completed about 64% of his passes, with a solid OLine, despite having a turnstile WR corp.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Apparently no one does.  Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with a team that went 7-9 the year before.... and he didn't win it this year.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

People exaggerate how "injury prone" Wentz is.  He played in his first 29 games.  Then, after missing the last few games of 17, they kept him out the first 2 in 2018.  Now, that wasn't the wrong move... the wrong move was bringing him back too early.  That said, he played in the next 11 games and got hurt and missed the last 3.  He hasn't missed a game since.  He's only missed 8 games in 5 seasons.

Deshaun Watson has missed 9 games in 4 seasons due to injury.  Is he "injury prone" too?

Fun with numbers. Watson got hurt his rookie year. He’s missed one game since. Wentz ever have a three year run where he missed one game? Wentz is injury prone. Watson isn’t. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Probably not.   Doesn't change the fact that they very likely don't get to where they were without Wentz

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Probably not.   Doesn't change the fact that they very likely don't get to where they were without Wentz

Wrong.  They very likely are in the same spot, because Foles duplicated Wentz's success during his 5 games, and Wentz's performance during his games was not "extraordinary". 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl without Foles? 

Like if Wentz never got hurt?  I would say probably, but there is always the chance a young QB gets rattled and sh!ts his pants in a big spot.  Wentz has never won a playoff game.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Like if Wentz never got hurt?  I would say probably, but there is always the chance a young QB gets rattled and sh!ts his pants in a big spot.  Wentz has never won a playoff game.

No. If he wasn’t on the team that year, do they win the super bowl? 

46 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Wentz was 3rd in MVP voting. I’ll take that over the uninformed opinion of an angry hobbit. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. If he wasn’t on the team that year, do they win the super bowl? 

Of course.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Of course.

They win without Foles? 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wentz was 3rd in MVP voting. I’ll take that over the uninformed opinion of an angry hobbit. :dunno: 

He finished LAST in MVP voting.  He got 2 votes, and those guys were probably from philly.

Please just stop spreading ignorance.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They win without Foles? 

Do they get a QB at all?  I say they win with  Brady, or Wilson, or Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, etc.....

Wentz was not special that year guys, just look at the numbers he put up, and look at what he's done since.  How does a guy go from North Dakota, to decent, to "MVP", to decent, to , then traded.

Stop calling him an MVP for focks sake, you're making yourselves look silly.  Watch some football, help yourself.

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fun with numbers. Watson got hurt his rookie year. He’s missed one game since. Wentz ever have a three year run where he missed one game? Wentz is injury prone. Watson isn’t. 

The ONLY reason why Wentz missed games in consecutive years was because of WHEN he tore his ACL.  Had he done it in September, that's probably the only year he misses games.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The ONLY reason why Wentz missed games in consecutive years was because of WHEN he tore his ACL.  Had he done it in September, that's probably the only year he misses games.

He didn’t finish his one playoff game. 

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Do they get a QB at all?  I say they win with  Brady, or Wilson, or Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, etc.....

Wentz was not special that year guys, just look at the numbers he put up, and look at what he's done since.  How does a guy go from North Dakota, to decent, to "MVP", to decent, to , then traded.

Stop calling him an MVP for focks sake, you're making yourselves look silly.  Watch some football, help yourself.

I think you have misread what I’m asking. My point is the Eagles won the SB without wentz. That’s a fact. We don’t know if they would have won with him. He doesn’t get credit. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He didn’t finish his one playoff game. 

It was an illegal hit and a cheap shot.  It's not like he got a boo boo.

17 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

He finished LAST in MVP voting.  He got 2 votes, and those guys were probably from philly.

Please just stop spreading ignorance.

That’s two more votes than all but 2 other players got that season, D1ldo Baggins. :doh: 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It was an illegal hit and a cheap shot.  It's not like he got a boo boo.

It’s not like he picked himself up and got back in the game, even after the only illegal/cheap shot in the history of the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s two more votes than all but 2 other players got that season, D1ldo Baggins. :doh: 

It's only 2 more votes than Jameis Winston got.  So I guess if Wentz had an MVP Caliber season then Winston was only 2 votes shy of an MVP Caliber season.

Nice upgrade over Rivers. That Colts roster is so much better than what Philly was trotting out onto the field last year, on both sides of the ball.

When Wentz wins the title with Indy we can put this argument to rest.

Michael Pittman Jr told wentz to eat his d!ck when Wentz asked for #11 :lol:  Wentz has zero respect already on his new team.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Michael Pittman Jr told wentz to eat his d!ck when Wentz asked for #11 :lol:  Wentz has zero respect already on his new team.

Not really how I read it, but ok.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, GutterBoy said:

It's only 2 more votes than Jameis Winston got.  So I guess if Wentz had an MVP Caliber season then Winston was only 2 votes shy of an MVP Caliber season.

This is a monumentally stupid take. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, MDC said:

This is a monumentally stupid take. :thumbsup:

If you look at Wentz's stats next to Winston's from that year, they are not far off.

Also my take is just as stupid as saying "Wentz finished third in MVP voting".  I'm making ridiculous takes to point out your ridiculous takes.

Things like "Wentz only has one less super bowl MVP award than Aaron Rodgers" or "My dog won just as many playoff games as Wentz"