kozmiq

Once Upon A Time .. in Hollywood 2019

Anybody seen this?

I liked it especially the faux Manson Family ending.  

Any chance he's suggesting that the whole 'helter skelter' thing was intended for someone other than those that got it?

I've driven the hills in Hollywood a lot.  What gets me about this film is when Brad Pitt jumps in his beater and zooms down those hills at top speed.  He swerves and makes a fast turn at a stop sign and its really easy to find your self in the oncoming traffic lane and he just plows ahead.  That's what always scares me driving up there.  I'm afraid someone is gonna do that and cause a head-on collision.

Later in the film, Brad Pitt jumps in that sports car that zooms down those hills at top speed again.  But this time, that car can actually handle those turns and he stays in his lane.  That was amazing to me.

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It was good, but Definately one of tarrentinos worst. Not something I'd watch again. 

Nailed it. It was like someone was trying to make a Tarantino like film.  

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Nailed it. It was like someone was trying to make a Tarantino like film.  

In the good Tarantino films, most of the characters start out with clear motivations, they intersect and there's conflict. 

In Once Upon, I struggled to see what the character's motivations were.   It was more like people just living their lives.   I doubt the audience understood the motivations of the hippie colony at all which really hurt the film in particular.