Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Showing your work in math = WHITE SUPREMACY

Luckily Bill Gates is gonna help put a stop to all that!!!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gates-foundation-white-supremacy-math-instruction

Included on the site is a lesson on “dismantling racism in mathematics instruction,” which decries racist behaviors such as the “focus” on “getting the ‘right’ answer,” requiring students to “show their work,” and “independent practice” being valued over teamwork or collaboration.

“White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions,” the lesson says. “Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics."

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

Luckily Bill Gates is gonna help put a stop to all that!!!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gates-foundation-white-supremacy-math-instruction

Just show them how to work a calculator and call it a day. Lay off the rest of the math teachers. Hire some more interpretive dance instructors. In a couple of years we will be able to dance and be living in huts. 

Of course math is racist.  It literally has a TAN function.  You don't see a WHITE function, do you?

tan( θ ) = sin( θ )/cos( θ )

look how racist THAT is.  You equate tan people with sin?

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Of course math is racist.  It literally has a TAN function.  You don't see a WHITE function, do you?

tan( θ ) = sin( θ )/cos( θ )

look how racist THAT is.  You equate tan people with sin?

Not to mention having a father to cosign on a loan.

• Haha 1

I say every parent who doesn't put their kid in a private school, should commit to homeschooling. Or else don't have kids. Let the retards send their kids  to public schools and become dumbasses. 

I think these SJWs should seek out pharmacists that use ethnomathmatics while filling their scripts.  Because, after all, getting the right answers isn't important.  

Good focking grief. How in the Fock does anyone link racist to math.

Math is basic. Math is right or wrong. Math is one thing that is straightforward and gives everyone the opportunity to learn something correctly.

First they switch to common core math - now math is racist?

Are we trying to create even dummer students? 

1 hour ago, Old School said:

Good focking grief. How in the Fock does anyone link racist to math.

Math is basic. Math is right or wrong. Math is one thing that is straightforward and gives everyone the opportunity to learn something correctly.

First they switch to common core math - now math is racist?

The white patriarchy created the math rules.  Making rules denotes power over others.  This all circles back to slavery, and how whites created the societal rules that blacks must conform to to be successful. 

Fast forward a decade if this passes and then we'll hear about how the WHITE SUPREMACISTS were keeping black kids down by NOT teaching them proper math skills, thereby ENSLAVING them to a life of poverty because they can't get good jobs or comprehend basic finances. 

Idk how much influence thus organization actually has. This may take hold somewhere, though I doubt its adopted across the country. The actual reason things like this take hold anywhere is simply because of the fear of being labeled a racist.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I say every parent who doesn't put their kid in a private school, should commit to homeschooling. Or else don't have kids. Let the retards send their kids  to public schools and become dumbasses. 

They'd just close the public schools and bus those tards to your private schools and make you pay for it. 

36 minutes ago, DonS said:

Fast forward a decade if this passes and then we'll hear about how the WHITE SUPREMACISTS were keeping black kids down by NOT teaching them proper math skills, thereby ENSLAVING them to a life of poverty because they can't get good jobs or comprehend basic finances. 

You have to look at it through a different lens, as they are.  Ask yourself this...who says learning proper math skills is necessary to succeed?  The answer is white people.  And why should being able to do proper finances determine success?  Why can't the Feds just take over banks and totally change how credit and investments work so all have access and mistakes can be overlooked?

Whites have had the privilege of deciding what normal is and define what is needed to succeed. So, blacks now want the power to adjust the measuring stick of success.  Math, being on time, the nuclear family, individualism, etc all rooted in whiteness. So, even after release from slavery, blacks were forced to conform to a white society and continue to lose their blackness if they wanted to succeed.  Just think, how many blacks are turned down for jobs because they can't articulate proper English? Who gets to say people should have to articulate proper English to get a job? 

This chart that came out last year and caused alot of stink.  But what it does is expose what black people  feel forces them to be less black.  And that's what the whole Coca Cola "be less white" nonsense is.  Blacks feel like they've spent generations forced to "be less black", so this is just transferring some power to them to define what societal norms should be. 

I'm not saying I agree with all this, just saying how it is.

35 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Idk how much influence thus organization actually has. This may take hold somewhere, though I doubt its adopted across the country. The actual reason things like this take hold anywhere is simply because of the fear of being labeled a racist.

Doesn't work on me because IDGAF. People need to realize that they're already being labeled a racist whether they are or not. White = Racist. They'll keep beating that dead horse until it comes back to life. Best to just laugh at them and treat them like the race baiting filth they are. 

Once again, the board liberals are sitting this one out. Lol. 

• Haha 1

If math is a white man's assertion of power, then why do Asian and Indian students excel at math?  I suppose being able to spell correctly is racist as well? 

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

If math is a white man's assertion of power, then why do Asian and Indian students excel at math?  I suppose being able to spell correctly is racist as well? 

And knowing the difference between a question and wood chopping tool. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

They currently have 3.6 million dollars worth of influence via a grant from Bill Gates. 

25 minutes ago, DonS said:

They are white-adjacent!

35 minutes ago, DonS said:

Well, its not that the numbers are racist, its the power that math represents that blacks must conform to.  Asians have many similarities with "whiteness" where they view proper education is necessary for success.

51 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Doesn't work on me because IDGAF. People need to realize that they're already being labeled a racist whether they are or not. White = Racist. They'll keep beating that dead horse until it comes back to life. Best to just laugh at them and treat them like the race baiting filth they are. 

You must give the leftist proper respect for the use of the term racist to push any and all agendas. It’s actually quite ingenious. No one wants to be labeled a racist, and anyone labeled a racist can not only be canceled, they can be purged. This story shows the term racist can now be used at any time, in any situation, against anyone or anything. Once the term racist is invoked, any argument is futile.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old School said:

You must give the leftist proper respect for the use of the term racist to push any and all agendas. It’s actually quite ingenious. No one wants to be labeled a racist, and anyone labeled a racist can not only be canceled, they can be purged. This story shows the term racist can now be used at any time, in any situation, against anyone or anything. Once the term racist is invoked, any argument is futile.

Works on weaklings.  

31 minutes ago, Old School said:

They currently have 3.6 million dollars worth of influence via a grant from Bill Gates. 

I'm not going to take the bait that the Gates support this specific action until I hear them say so. Bill knows the importance of math better than anyone, so this one goal may have escaped them

$3.6 million is barely enough to pay off a few superintendents, so I don't see this movement getting very far.

21 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Well, its not that the numbers are racist, its the power that math represents that blacks must conform to.  Asians have many similarities with "whiteness" where they view proper education is necessary for success.

I'm not sure if you're kidding in this thread or not but if proper education is not necessary for success then what is?

This article is a classic example of what's wrong with politics these days.  Hack right wing website spewing some nonsense Bill Gates is spewing and trying to link it to 100% of dem's.  You nutjob/hacks are getting all worked up over something that'll never happen.

2 minutes ago, BufordT said:

This article is a classic example of what's wrong with politics these days.  Hack right wing website spewing some nonsense Bill Gates is spewing and trying to link it to 100% of dem's.  You nutjob/hacks are getting all worked up over something that'll never happen.

Right. I guess the 1619 project didn’t happen either. Just because you have failed to pay attention don’t blame it on others. You’re woefully ill informed 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DonS said:

Remember the "whole language" education movement because phonics were bad lol.  Weee maid a genrashun ov ittyots.

8 minutes ago, Old School said:

The term racist has jumped the shark. They've used it for too many things for too many years. Its meaningless now. The sooner people stop kowtowing to the practice the better. Let it be known that the leftist race baiters are the true racists. Back it up with facts and examples. Those who want to see the truth will. Those who don't want to see the truth aren't worth the effort. 

1 minute ago, BufordT said:

I agree to a point. Right now these conversations are mostly happening among radicals, but there is some crazy sh!t happening in real school districts (San Francisco).

Academia is already incredibly liberal everywhere. I don't think it is too far fetched to think it may eventually spread to other parts of the country. 

3 hours ago, Old School said:

Are we trying to create even dumber students? 

Yes.  This is an attempted soviet takeover of ALL aspects of American life.  Everything will be about politics.  And it will be about being a good soviet.

They think they can accomplish this because people vote not for issues but for which candidate has the most "class".   A republican did something somwhere that was classless so that gets amplified to the moon and that means everyone must vote for the classy democrat even tho he wants to push this stuff on you.

3 hours ago, Old School said:

I really think they are honestly. Give em a sh!tty warped education. Load em up with guilt and self loathing. Then throw some high grade legal weed, crank up the media propaganda macine and boom... You have a perfect useful idiot that's easy to control for life. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I really think they are honestly. Give em a sh!tty warped education. Load em up with guilt and self loathing. Then throw some high grade legal weed, crank up the media propaganda macine and boom... You have a perfect useful idiot that's easy to control for life. 

A liberal looks at most of America has annoying flyover country.  They want to live in their little enclaves in New England and San Francisco and the rest of the nation should be slaves to them - slaves who don't get uppity.  They don't need no education or anything.  Teach them to be guilty for everything and take away their opportunities in life.

4 hours ago, Old School said:

Yes.  “Equity” is about elevating everyone to the same height.  It is a very, very low height, but we will all be the same.  Harrison Bergeron is a how-to novel now. Wheeee!!!!!! :( 

How long before the pythagorean theorem gets stricken from the curriculum?  That old white muthafocka just had to be racist somehow.

One of the local universities out here had students protesting the curriculum of a literary classics course because it had works written by too many old white men (aka ancient Greeks).  Nevermind the fact that the outraged students had to sign up for the course and knew exactly what was going to be on the syllabus. 

Anyone have a link to how this will be implemented?

Just curious how math can be changed.

35 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I'm not sure if you're kidding in this thread or not but if proper education is not necessary for success then what is?

It comes back to who defines what is necessary for success.  And that's what going on.  They want to re-imagine who deserves to have their piece of success and what it takes to get there.  Right now, success is based on what what white people think.  

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Anyone have a link to how this will be implemented?

Just curious how math can be changed.

I don't think their trying to "change" math.  They just want to re-write the white man's rules that say proficiency in mathematics is a necessary pathway to success.    

I read a little bit and it is mostly business jargon type language which i hate, "think outside the box", etc.

Look at the next to last page in the below link, it is finally getting rid of the thing I hate about common core. Where if you get the problem right, but your work does not match the teachers you still get the problem wrong. With this way you can solve the problem how you want to solve the problem.

I am not sure if this is the correct way to teach math, but something needs to change. Most people suck at math.

https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/11/2_STRIDE2.pdf