Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

CA Governor Recall

Link

Apparently we have enough signatures but he’s sneaky...and extended the mailing of absentees ballots to include all “special elections held in 2021.” 

Odd to me that he’s encouraging mail in ballots. Must know they are easier to fraud, throw away, claim are “invalid.” 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If Gavin Newsom is removed from office via recall, 2 of the last 3 democrat governors in CA will have been removed that way. 

CA governors:

Gray Davis: 1999-2003 (recalled and removed)
Arnold Schwarzenegger: 2003-2011
Jerry Brown: 2011: 2011-2019
Gavin Newsom: 2019-present (probably going to be recalled and removed)

If successful, Gavin Newsom would become the 3rd governor removed from office via recall since 1921.  Lynn Frazier in 1921 and Gray Davis in 2003 were the other two.  Gray Davis was removed because he slapped a massive tax increase on the annual sticker for all license plates.  He was like $30 and Gray Davis raised it to $300.  Arnold took office and reverted it.  Jerry Brown took office and put it back up to $300.

https://ballotpedia.org/Gavin_Newsom_recall,_Governor_of_California_(2019-2021)

Between 1921 and 2020, only four gubernatorial recall efforts have ever qualified for the ballot: 1921 (North Dakota), 1988 (Arizona), 2003 (California), and 2012 (Wisconsin). Of those, only two resulted in the sitting governor's removal from office (Lynn Frazier in North Dakota and Gray Davis in California). In the 1988 Arizona recall, the recall election was canceled following the governor's impeachment.[5]

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

If successful, Gavin Newsom would become the 3rd governor removed from office via recall since 1921.  Lynn Frazier in 1921 and Gray Davis in 2003 were the other two.  Gray Davis was removed because he slapped a massive tax increase on the annual sticker for all license plates.  He was like $30 and Gray Davis raised it to $300.  Arnold took office and reverted it.  Jerry Brown took office and put it back up to $300.

https://ballotpedia.org/Gavin_Newsom_recall,_Governor_of_California_(2019-2021)

Between 1921 and 2020, only four gubernatorial recall efforts have ever qualified for the ballot: 1921 (North Dakota), 1988 (Arizona), 2003 (California), and 2012 (Wisconsin). Of those, only two resulted in the sitting governor's removal from office (Lynn Frazier in North Dakota and Gray Davis in California). In the 1988 Arizona recall, the recall election was canceled following the governor's impeachment.[5]

He got removed because he added a $300 license plate fee?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Supposed to give money away. Preferably by taxing the rich.

Enact something that taxes everyone is cause for immediate removal. 

8 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Link

Odd to me that he’s encouraging mail in ballots. Must know they are easier to fraud, throw away, claim are “invalid.” 

This.

2 hours ago, Old School said:

Aunt Nancy will cover his ass.

And this. 

3 hours ago, Old School said:

Supposed to give money away. Preferably by taxing the rich.

Enact something that taxes everyone is cause for immediate removal. 

Yes.  That tax severely angered the working poor.  So republicans were able to get a lot of democrats to sign recall petitions and vote Gray Davis out.

Gavin Newsom has angered the working poor by taking away their lives and keeping them locked in their homes while the rest of the nation can go out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

That was the last straw.

I just paid my car registration. $568. 

$250 is for the actual license fee. The rest is for whatever. 

Currently republican Kevin Faulconer (former mayor of San Diego) wants to run for governor if Newsom is recalled.  Word is that former mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villagairosa will run for the democrats.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Currently republican Kevin Faulconer (former mayor of San Diego) wants to run for governor if Newsom is recalled.  Word is that former mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villagairosa will run for the democrats.

Have to be careful though because if too many run against him, he’s sure to win again. 

John Cox ran against him last time, so he’s probably in there too. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Have to be careful though because if too many run against him, he’s sure to win again. 

John Cox ran against him last time, so he’s probably in there too. 

Who is him?  My understanding of the process is that the ballot has a couple of questions - 1)  Should Newsom be recalled?  and 2)  If 1 is a yes, who should replace him.  Newsom doesn't get to run again if the vote is to recall him.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_California

I thought that he’d still remain on the ballot for some reason. I likely have the process wrong 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I thought that he’d still remain on the ballot for some reason. I likely have the process wrong 

I think he *could* but he doesn't have to run.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I think he *could* but he doesn't have to run.

No, he can't.  Read the link I posted above.  There's a reason it's called a recall election.  Because if the answer is yes, the people are removing him from office.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

No, he can't.  Read the link I posted above.  There's a reason it's called a recall election.  Because if the answer is yes, the people are removing him from office.

Well the 2003 vote was a two-part question. 

1. Do you wish to recall Davis?
2. If yes, who should replace him.

So he's on the ballot unless he wishes to step aside and let someone else take over.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Well the 2003 vote was a two-part question. 

1. Do you wish to recall Davis?
2. If yes, who should replace him.

So he's on the ballot unless he wishes to step aside and let someone else take over.

What you wrote I literally wrote a few posts above yours.  I'm not sure what you mean by "on the ballot."   He's only on the ballot insofar as the question of whether to recall him.  That's not what I was discussing with TNG. 

Two California students were sentenced in Italy to life in prison for killing an Italian police officer.

What a mistake. If they had killed in Ca, they would be free now and probably been given keys to the city. Newsom can't help them out in Italy. They actually get just punishment for the crime, harshest penalty possible there. Life in an italian prison, may as well just ask for execution. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Two California students were sentenced in Italy to life in prison for killing an Italian police officer.

What a mistake. If they had killed in Ca, they would be free now and probably been given keys to the city. Newsom can't help them out in Italy. They actually get just punishment for the crime, harshest penalty possible there. Life in an italian prison, may as well just ask for execution. 

Don't worry, Biden will get them out... then give them the Medal of Freedom for their work in holding police accountable in a global setting.

• Like 1

Gavin is a doosh whose gotten himself caught between a rock and a hard place. All the dumbass righties that think COVID is fake hate him, and he would have the more reasonable people on his side except he got caught being a hypocrite on several very embarrassing occasions. Guy dug his own grave but I hope they don’t get all dumb and replace him with an idiot just for spite 

Not sure what his deal is, I know when I see him in the news he is usually saying something really dumb, maybe he is some kind of fock up.... who knows.

Maybe if they change him out people will stop fleeing the state.....

40 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Gavin is a doosh whose gotten himself caught between a rock and a hard place. All the dumbass righties that think COVID is fake hate him, and he would have the more reasonable people on his side except he got caught being a hypocrite on several very embarrassing occasions. Guy dug his own grave but I hope they don’t get all dumb and replace him with an idiot just for spite 

Hmmm... This scenario sounds very familiar... 🤔

45 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Where do you libtards here that people on the right think Covid is fake? Those right wing message boards that no one here ever talks about? 

31 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not sure what his deal is, I know when I see him in the news he is usually saying something really dumb, maybe he is some kind of fock up.... who knows.

Maybe if they change him out people will stop fleeing the state.....

Sadly, the recall will also be done by mail in ballot. He's not going anywhere. :(

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

nobody thinks its fake

even here 43% of the recall is from registered D

its how he handled the lockdowns, the fact that hes like a total frat boy dooshbag and a complete hypocrite, hispanics finally see it and I haven't talked to a single one who thinks hes a good governor

hes 3rd worst in the nation

48 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Sadly, the recall will also be done by mail in ballot. He's not going anywhere. :(

Oh yeah, that is the new tactic from Dem's to pervert elections....if that is allowed he is certainly going no where, it will be ....arranged....

This was never going to be successful anyway. Democrats vastly outnumber Republicans here and for the most part they are still happy with him. 

When do the idiots realize that their policies are completely destroying the state? ever? I mean for the 1st time in history, CA loses a seat in the house. 

47 minutes ago, lod001 said:

When do the idiots realize that their policies are completely destroying the state? ever? I mean for the 1st time in history, CA loses a seat in the house. 

We actually almost lost two, but Newsom allegedly fudged some numbers when the census was done; something about homeless or immgration. 

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

nobody thinks its fake

its how he handled the lockdowns, the fact that hes like a total frat boy dooshbag and a complete hypocrite, hispanics finally see it and I haven't talked to a single one who thinks hes a good governor

I said he is a doosh :dunno:

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you also said we think Covid is fake

Yeah you pretty much do. I guess this’ll be like the QAnon thing where now you pretend like you’ve got no idea what I’m talking about :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

nobody thinks its fake

Whitmer and Cuomo?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Whitmer and Cuomo?

Tough crowd.  Based on volume Newsome gets it, but the other two are equally as rotten. I actually think Whitmer is the worst of a bad bunch. Masks on 2 year olds seals the victory. 

7 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yep. They've been filling them out and stockpiling them for months.