Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

CA Governor Recall

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Nah. It will be like the presidential election; everyone said the Biden election would cause the process to take a hit, etc. Nothing happened. They aren't even looking into it anymore and all of the fraud.

The nation is a total powderkeg right now.  Gun sales are absolutely crazy.  No-one trusts anything.  Anything can set this off. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

I guess they are worried about Larry Elder. if he can pull off the win and get rid of the psychotic commie, it would be great for democracy but i doubt CA voters have grown brains.

He was leading in the recall the last I heard.

I don't like that he's not gone to any debates or anything, and I fear that he's a RINO. I am looking at Kevin Kiley; the one who took all the lawsuits against newsome and won. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

He was leading in the recall the last I heard.

I don't like that he's not gone to any debates or anything, and I fear that he's a RINO. I am looking at Kevin Kiley; the one who took all the lawsuits against newsome and won. 

I think the USA would welcome anyone but newsom.

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I think the USA would welcome anyone but newsom.

Not sure about that, I heard he's on his way to the Presidency. 

6 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Not sure about that, I heard he's on his way to the Presidency. 

Jesus, they just have loser after loser lined up to take loser biden's spot. 

33 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Jesus, they just have loser after loser lined up to take loser biden's spot. 

The democrats want to copy the California model to the White House.  Get enough democrat strongholds that you can elect a nobody in a suit to do their master's bidding.  Unfortunately for them, its not gonna work.

Just turned in my ballot. No on the recall and did the responsible thing and voted Faulconer just in case.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Just turned in my ballot. No on the recall and did the responsible thing and voted Faulconer just in case.

:lol:

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

The nation is a total powderkeg right now.  Gun sales are absolutely crazy.  No-one trusts anything.  Anything can set this off. 

Set what off?  Civil war?  The post you responded to had no hint of anything close to that

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Set what off?  Civil war?  The post you responded to had no hint of anything close to that

the process is gonna take a BIG hit.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:05 PM, TheNewGirl said:

Now there is a lawsuit alleging that the recall is unconstitutional. 

https://news.yahoo.com/california-recall-election-unconstitutional-lawsuit-174418934.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

If you vote NO, that's only ONE vote. 

If you vote YES, that's two votes because you're voting who should replace him. This goes against the "one person, on vote" clause or some bullshit. 

They think his name should be listed on the people listed to replace him. 

Also stating that whoever is voted to replace him; the one with the highest number wins. So, if Larry Elder gets the highest percentage of "Yes" and it's only like 2%, then that's not fair or some bullchit. 

So...the recall was fair for Davis but not for Newsome? 

FOCK THIS FOCKING STATE. 

As I predicted, this lawsuit didn't go anywhere:

The Motion is DENIED. Plaintiff has established none of the requirements for issuing a preliminary injunction. This request is for a mandatory injunction, which are disfavored. Plaintiff’s federal constitutional rights simply are not violated; therefore, there is no chance that Plaintiff could prevail on the merits. Plaintiff has established no equitable factor favoring a preliminary injunction. In particular, the delay in filing this lawsuit means that Plaintiff seeks to halt an election that, in fact, has already begun, which is a strong indicator that equitable factors are not present here. Finally, decisions of the Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit strongly indicate that an injunction should not issue.

The request for declaratory relief is denied for the same reasons, and also for being procedurally improper. (See Opposition at 15 n.12).

https://www.dhillonlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Clark-v-Weber-Order-Denying-Plaintiffs-Motion-1-for-Declaratory-Relief-and-2-Preliminary-Injunction.pdf

On 8/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, OldMaid said:

I thought if you vote no to the recall then that's a yes keep Newsom. So also selecting Faulconer is like voting for 2 people? 

6 minutes ago, Artista said:

I thought if you vote no to the recall then that's a yes keep Newsom. So also selecting Faulconer is like voting for 2 people? 

Correct, she voted for Newsom.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artista said:

Just in case I wanted to offset the Elder votes. Newsom is instructing Dems to leave the 2nd question blank, but I don’t know anyone who thinks that a great idea. Faulconer may be a Republican but at least he’s got some experience. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Just in case I wanted to offset the Elder votes. Newsom is instructing Dems to leave the 2nd question blank, but I don’t know anyone who thinks that a great idea. Faulconer may be a Republican but at least he’s got some experience. 

Joe Biden has experience. How’s that working out. Moonbeam brown had experience and got to fock the state up twice 

13 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Polls show Newsom winning big. To be fair, a lot of these polls came before the Afghanistan issue made an impact with voters.  Maybe we will see people take their frustrations out on Newsom.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/california-recall-polls/

Californians deserve everything they get.  It's just unbelievable to me they keep voting for the same abuse, year after year.

13 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Polls show Newsom winning big. To be fair, a lot of these polls came before the Afghanistan issue made an impact with voters.  Maybe we will see people take their frustrations out on Newsom.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/california-recall-polls/

At least one of those polls is invalid, by the people who took it's own admission:

https://twitter.com/trafalgar_group/status/1433873919774269444/photo/1

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

At least California still has lovely beaches!   Tourists just need to keep an eye out for those zany homeless people. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/malibu-machete-attack-family-eye-homeless-suspects

As a dude who grew up just on the other side of the mountains from Malibu and spent a lot of time there this saddens me.  A few years ago there was a murder at a campground in those mountains, right down the street from where I went to junior high school.  These types of incidents were things we never would have imagined happening in those places when I was growing up there 40 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Meh who cares whom ever they replace him with will be just as bad.

• Like 1

He will likely remain in office. 

We have have more unemployment handed out, mandates for vaccines, masks. We will continue to not have water, and then burn every summer. I was telling a friend that the majority of CA land will be burned up in the next 5 years (if it's not a city like Sacramento or SF or something). 

Sadly, the only ones who care are the tax payers. And of the people I am friends with and don't pay taxes are the people voting for him. (I have friends who've openly admitted they don't pay taxes, or they have figured out how to cheat them). 

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

Just imagine the outrage if this happened to a black Democrat... 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/critics-gorilla-mask-threw-egg-larry-elder-los-angeles

Oh THAT would be a HUGE issue and highlight the white supremacy that is dominating our country.....unfortunately for Elder he does not believe the "right things" so hall good......

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

He will likely remain in office. 

We have have more unemployment handed out, mandates for vaccines, masks. We will continue to not have water, and then burn every summer. I was telling a friend that the majority of CA land will be burned up in the next 5 years (if it's not a city like Sacramento or SF or something). 

Sadly, the only ones who care are the tax payers. And of the people I am friends with and don't pay taxes are the people voting for him. (I have friends who've openly admitted they don't pay taxes, or they have figured out how to cheat them). 

I concur. It is difficult to imagine that enough people have been hurt by his policies to actually remove him.  Moreover, all the key players have come to bat of course, and the Democrats have shown masterful skills in manipulating votes.

Well newsome now has a mandate to lock California down or demand papers from all California citizens or God knows what. Great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Well newsome now has a mandate to lock California down or demand papers from all California citizens or God knows what. Great.

Those people get what they deserve, smart people will simply leave.

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

smart people will simply leave.

And pollute the states they move to.  Their narcissistic moral superiority will always drive their thought that they know best for all, even after repeat failures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, Cdub100 said:

California, We don't like the way our state is being run. Better vote for the same people over and over again.

Over and over and over again.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

And pollute the states they move to.  Their narcissistic moral superiority will always drive their thought that they know best for all, even after repeat failures.

That would be the concern.  Clearly there is an abundance of people with poor decision-making paradigms in California if they continue to vote for failed ideas that ruin the place.

That is why places like Texas and others welcome them but ask them to leave those moronic thoughts where they came from.  And some places such as Montana do not want them at all.

I mean, who would want people so stupid as to destroy the system that has helped so many?