Jump to content
BeenHereBefore

Songs That Depress You!

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Billy Joel has two good ones I like but very Depressing. Piano Man and Captain Jack.

Now that you mention it, Captain Jack is rather depressing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another that Depress me.

Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton

That focking song kept coming on the radio when I lost my Grand Pap and daughter at the same time. Was weird too cause it wasn't even popular then and been out for a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Here is another that Depress me.

Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton

That focking song kept coming on the radio when I lost my Grand Pap and daughter at the same time.

Yikes!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Why did I start this post and it's making me depressed lol.

Alcohol and Star Wars always cheers me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Alcohol and Star Wars always cheers me up.

Lol I do the first one daily but guess need me so more Star Wars! Night buddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Lol I do the first one daily but guess need me so more Star Wars! Night buddy!

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Cat's in the Cradle 

:cry:

 

 

 

Great song but yeah. Depressing. There’s another 70’s hit that is terribly depressing but I can’t remember it and the Google machine was no help. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Great song but yeah. Depressing. There’s another 70’s hit that is terribly depressing but I can’t remember it and the Google machine was no help. 
 

It made an impression on me. My dad and I spent a lot of time together, and that song served as a cautionary tale for the future about neglectful fathers. 

That's why I've always given my sons experiences over material stuff. I've taken them on cool trips almost every Spring Break, including the Grand Canyon, snow skiing, the Smokey Mountains, Big Bend and lots of other places. We're going skiing again this Spring Break.

And every year for Father's Day, they give me portraits of photos they took on those adventures. 

As for the other depressing 1970s hit, maybe you're thinking of "Seasons of the Sun" or "All By Myself."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Cat's in the Cradle 

:cry:

 

 

 

Yeah, good one. Taxi by Chapin as well.

Also, How to Save a Life by the Fray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jerryskids said:

Yeah, good one. Taxi by Chaplin as well.

Also, How to Save a Life by the Fray.

Oh yeah, "Taxi" is super depressing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever that song that is played during that Sarah McLoughlin (sp?) ad showing abused dogs.  Granted the TV could be on mute and that ad would still be depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live like you are dying. Some country dude 

Dont take the girl...Some country dude

Renegade (only ifbyour a steelers fan)

Wreck of the edmund fitzgerald

Daniel- sir Elton Fockin John

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And how can I forget. I can not listen to and turn it off every time it comes on the radio. 
 

Wake me up when September ends by Green Day. 
For me it’s October (1985)

 

Funny I can’t turn it off live though. Seen them 4 times in the couple years. Son is a big fan. We had tickets to see them last July at Citifield and he had tickets to see them in Pittsburgh a few days earlier. Damn COVID-19 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

And how can I forget. I can not listen to and turn it off every time it comes on the radio. 
 

Wake me up when September ends by Green Day. 
For me it’s October (1985)

 

Funny I can’t turn it off live though. Seen them 4 times in the couple years. Son is a big fan. We had tickets to see them last July at Citifield and he had tickets to see them in Pittsburgh a few days earlier. Damn COVID-19 

Quote

"Wake Me Up When September Ends" was written by frontman Billie Joe Armstrongabout his father, who died from esophageal cancer in September 1982, when Armstrong was 10 years old.

 

Jeebus.  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

 

Jeebus.  :( 

I was 16. I remember you were young too, if I remember right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both related to my grandmother’s death from Alzheimers.  
 

If You Get There Before I Do

 

False Echoes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about “ The Wayback”?

 

Newish, Ben A - fleck movie. But decent. Guy who had a chance to turn his life around but couldn’t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

I was 16. I remember you were young too, if I remember right. 

I was 18 when my dad died, so yeah, similar.  He was colon cancer though.  I was kinda thinking of myself, since in this case it was esophageal cancer.  Which is more or less what I have.  Had.  Hopefully had.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I was 18 when my dad died, so yeah, similar.  He was colon cancer though.  I was kinda thinking of myself, since in this case it was esophageal cancer.  Which is more or less what I have.  Had.  Hopefully had.  

F[CANCER/]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Live like you are dying. Some country dude 

Dont take the girl...Some country dude

Renegade (only ifbyour a steelers fan)

Wreck of the edmund fitzgerald

Daniel- sir Elton Fockin John

 

Haha some country dude is the singer of both songs. Tim Mcgraw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Live like you are dying. Some country dude 

Dont take the girl...Some country dude

Renegade (only ifbyour a steelers fan)

Wreck of the edmund fitzgerald

Daniel- sir Elton Fockin John

 

Interesting you mentioned Edmund Fitzgerald; I was thinking of another Lightfoot song, If You Could Read My Mind.  My favorite of his, and a very sad song.  I’ve mentioned it here in the context of “they don’t write lyrics like this anymore.”  

Wouldn’t say it depresses me though; haunting visuals.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting you mentioned Edmund Fitzgerald; I was thinking of another Lightfoot song, If You Could Read My Mind.  My favorite of his, and a very sad song.  I’ve mentioned it here in the context of “they don’t write lyrics like this anymore.”  

Wouldn’t say it depresses me though; haunting visuals.

 

 

I believe Sundown is his best song. 
 

One of the best lines of all time:  I think it is a sin when I feel like I’m winning when I’m losing again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bert said:

I believe Sundown is his best song. 
 

One of the best lines of all time:  I think it is a sin when I feel like I’m winning when I’m losing again.  

Those three songs are definitely his best, certainly his best known.  Can’t go wrong with any of them. :cheers: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Those three songs are definitely his best, certainly his best known.  Can’t go wrong with any of them. :cheers: I lik

I'm also a fan of him and been listening to him since my early 20's. My GF at the time, was like what is that crap. I'm like you will learn to like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×