Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Movies that depress you

I watch romantic movies with my wife, the movie I will never watch again is time traveler's wife.

1 hour ago, HTH said:

The Deer Hunter has to be high on the list.

:(

I opened this thread to say this

• Like 1

The Irishman. It sucked and there were no funny parts and the music sucked. 

I thought Into The Wild was pretty depressing, then I realized that kid is an idiot and deserved it. 

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Leaving Las Vegas.

Nice call.

There is an old, obscure (I think) Richard Gere movie called Sommersby.  It is the depressing movie by which my wife and I measure all others.

Just now, jerryskids said:

Nice call.

There is an old, obscure (I think) Richard Gere movie called Sommersby.  It is the depressing movie by which my wife and I measure all others.

I meant Richard before.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nice call.

Haven't seen that one. But heard of it. I just remember that Leaving Las Vegas was perfectly depressing every minute of the movie. Maybe it's Cage. I never found him particularly not depressing.   

Requiem For A Dream literally felt hopeless by the end and it stuck with me awhile.

I didn't want to see 12 Years a Slave for a very long time out of fear. I finally saw it and it was much better than I expected but still a rather painful movie to digest especially since it's a true story. 

On 2/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, jerryskids said:

Nice call.

Wow, nice call.  I haven’t seen Sommersby in years, but I remember what a Focking bummer it was.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:43 PM, Utilit99 said:

Leaving Las Vegas.

"Why?"  That is my review of this film.  

I would have also accepted "The Great Santini".   The 2 least redemptive films ever. 

Some movies are depressing yet, I'd watch them again because there was something very special about them that I loved: Schindler's List and Brokeback Mountain come to mind. 

5 hours ago, peenie said:

Some movies are depressing yet, I'd watch them again because there was something very special about them that I loved: Schindler's List and Brokeback Mountain come to mind. 

I figured you a Green Mile lady.