Djgb13

Have you ran from the cops?

I know some of you are pretty up there in age so back when you were young you would actually be able to get away. Nowadays, it’s harder. So any of you successfully ran from the cops? 

My dad has. Told me stories of him street racing and would run from the cops. Cross the state line and they couldn’t get him. I ran from them in college during a frat party. Managed to get my buddies and me in the car, head down the road, turn into a corn field, cut the light, and see tons of cop cars go by flashing their lights.

I had to jump out of a 2nd story window once to avoid the cops.  I had just finished banging some skank when someone started banging on the door.  I looked thru the peep hole and saw 4 big black police officers.  I gathered up my stuff and made a hasty exit!

As it turned out it was just your mom's next clients.  Guess she put out a 4-for-1 deal on Craigslist.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

Yup. Never got caught but I mooned them from across  the lake once and they knew it was me and came to my house so I had to go to the station and apologize, as per my father. He made me walk home, it was like 5-6 miles and then I caught my beating when I got home.  Good times. 

I ran on foot from the cops. We were drinking at the park at night. We cut between the back yards to one of our buddies parents house. They actually knew we went there but his parents refused to let the cops come in

There was a pizza parlor near where I worked back in the early 90's that served $2 pitchers of draft. A few of us would go from time to time for a liquid lunch. I was heading back to work, late, after one of these liquid lunches and I made a left turn on a red light. As soon as I did I looked in the rearview mirror and saw red lights start flashing a little ways behind me. Rather than stick around for the inevitable, I stood on the gas peddle for about 1/4 mile and went around a big sweeping right hand turn where I lost sight of him and, more importantly, he lost sight of me. I hit the brakes and ducked into the first parking lot on the right, parked and started walking toward the front door of a business. That's when he flew by. I waited a few minutes before returning to my truck and then to work. All the guys at work had seen him fly by. We all had a good  :lol:  when I told them he was after me. 

In Los Angeles, the way to run from cops is to steal a car, break line of sight with the helicopter using a tall building, then ditch the car and disappear into the crowd.  Cops usually stay well back to avoid causing unnecessary injuries or property damage so they can't make you.  Carry a change of clothes as well.

The other way is to scout ahead of time for good sewer entrances with multiple exits and use one of those.  Cops will NOT follow you in because they are afraid of getting ambushed.

Once when we was playing basketball late at night. They pulled up and my one friend ran one way and me and his brother ran another way. We ended up in someones yard hiding under a pine tree. They was shinning their flash lights all around us but after 10 minutes they left.

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Once when we was playing basketball late at night. They pulled up and my one friend ran one way and me and his brother ran another way. We ended up in someones yard hiding under a pine tree. They was shinning their flash lights all around us but after 10 minutes they left.

Badass 

I've ditched them a few times when coming after me for speeding.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Badass 

About three years later all 3 of us got a Fraternal Order of Police award for catching a car theft ring.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Yes, both involving throwing snowballs.

I ran from some guy after we bomb his car with snowballs. He had a ball bat and was pissed. Was like 5 of us and one chic, I was in the back of the pack running and heard someone mention he has a ball bat. Then heard him say I'm going to kill all you Mofo's.  I was quickly up in front and ended up hiding from him with the chic behind a shed. She was pretty cute and regret not hitting on her.

Ran from the cops once in high school at a party that got busted. Managed to get away and avoid a possession. 

Twice in high school.

Once was a typical "house party gets busted" scenario. I hopped in my car and a bunch of random people just dove in through the windows. They had the only exit to the subdivision blocked off, so we ended up taking my tiny Honda civic hatchback off roading across a soccer field, through the Baptist church parking lot, and onto a different road. Got away clean.

The other time I blew by a cop way too fast, like 65 in a 35 fast. By the time he pulled out onto the road and hit the lights, we could barely see him. Called a friend in a nearby neighborhood and told him to open his gear age door and stand by the button. Hauled ass to his house, and shut the garage door. Cop drove by about 30 seconds later. We laid low for a couple of hours and went home.

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Ran from the cops once in high school at a party that got busted. Managed to get away and avoid a possession. 

Are you still selling cocaine after all these years?

Maybe from a high school or college party that was busted but does that really count?  It wasn't like they were coming after me specifically.

So my answer is......No.  

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Maybe from a high school or college party that was busted but does that really count?  It wasn't like they were coming after me specifically.

So my answer is......No.  

I agree. Large parties, they don't count.

Not technically running, but I think I got away from a cop.  New Orleans on Elysian Fields Ave.  I was passing a truck on the right as a blew through a light only to see a cop sitting at the intersection obscured from my view.  There was a burger king on the left so I swung around into the drive through.  The cop didn't follow me in and went around to wait for me at the gas station next door.  He was there with his car facing the street just chilling.  Only problem for him was there was this little underdeveloped road that led to the UNO dorms behind the burger king, so I ordered a small Coke and drove back around the burger king and onto the jacked up road and got away.  He would've had to drive against traffic to follow me and probably didn't realize that road was even back there. 

Not even 100% sure he was going to come after me, but I felt pretty lucky.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

Not technically running, but I think I got away from a cop.  New Orleans on Elysian Fields Ave.  I was passing a truck on the right as a blew through a light only to see a cop sitting at the intersection obscured from my view.  There was a burger king on the left so I swung around into the drive through.  The cop didn't follow me in and went around to wait for me at the gas station next door.  He was there with his car facing the street just chilling.  Only problem for him was there was this little underdeveloped road that led to the UNO dorms behind the burger king, so I ordered a small Coke and drove back around the burger king and onto the jacked up road and got away.  He would've had to drive against traffic to follow me and probably didn't realize that road was even back there. 

Not even 100% sure he was going to come after me, but I felt pretty lucky.

That was some good weed.  

not while their lights were on 

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Dang.....now that you mention it 🤣

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea if there right behind you not sense and getting a extra charge.

not sure what that means but

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Fleeing from them.

thanks

I saw a cop car sitting at a light and I went through a very hot yellow so I looked back to see if he was following me and blatantly ran another. So then I look back and he's pulling out towards me so I quickly ditched into a neighborhood and did some maze moves and lost him. It's also quite possible he didn't notice and I was just being dumb. 

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Lucky it wasn't anything serious, or they might've sent in the Shepherds.

That usually ends badly for the perp.

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I know some of you are pretty up there in age so back when you were young you would actually be able to get away. Nowadays, it’s harder. So any of you successfully ran from the cops? 

My dad has. Told me stories of him street racing and would run from the cops. Cross the state line and they couldn’t get him. I ran from them in college during a frat party. Managed to get my buddies and me in the car, head down the road, turn into a corn field, cut the light, and see tons of cop cars go by flashing their lights.

Yup in a car (3 of us racing, 2 of us got away), and twice on foot, one time hid under a car and another in some tall grass. Back in the 70’s, best time to grow up!

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Yup in a car (3 of us racing, 2 of us got away), and twice on foot, one time hid under a car and another in some tall grass. Back in the 70’s, best time to grow up!

Hiding under the car I’d been at a mushroom eating party, the other time I was reported as a prowler but was just trying to see my girlfriend, tapping on a window. Mighta been wrong window?🤷🏻‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

thanks

I saw a cop car sitting at a light and I went through a very hot yellow so I looked back to see if he was following me and blatantly ran another. So then I look back and he's pulling out towards me so I quickly ditched into a neighborhood and did some maze moves and lost him. It's also quite possible he didn't notice and I was just being dumb. 

Cool story.

40 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Lucky it wasn't anything serious, or they might've sent in the Shepherds.

That usually ends badly for the perp.

I don't think bring the dogs out warranted us playing BB ball at late at night. Speaking of German Shepherds I had them most of my life and great dogs. I would known not to mess with them.  I would have came out. Ps. my last one I had could sniff out anyone in the woods a mile away. We use to do that and he would find whoever was hiding every time Was pretty cool to see..

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Funny, as I was trying to think of a run in with the 5-0, my mind wandered to general times I got in trouble, and several involved snowballs.  My most brilliant one was hitting a car with a snowball in front of my house.  They stopped and I panicked and ran... into my house.  I’m guessing I got an ass whupping for that.  :lol: 

For the cops, I don’t have any good stories of running.  :dunno: