Djgb13

Have you ran from the cops?

In college, we would walk around town, then when we saw the cops (and we'd let them see us), we'd run, making it obvious we were running because we saw them.

We got chased a few times.  Never caught. 

They had us trapped on a side hill full of trees and brush by the college once.   They sat around looking with flashlights and even called in another car. 

Now had they found us.... uhhh...what were they gonna say?  (we didn't do anything other than run when we saw them--not illegal).

Spermoff - Best call from jail from a buddy.

100% true story.  Gus delivered me fresh loaves of bread.  It may sound like nothing but here is the full story.....

Junior year of college, circa 1997,  me and our crew of friends leave for the weekend to visit mutual buddies / ladies at another University about an hour away to party.  Gus had to work that weekend at a local restaurant so he stayed behind.  This was before smart phones, hell cell or flip phones if I recall.  Fast forward to Sunday morning and somehow Gus's mom contacted us in this other college town.  Well Gus is in jail.  We load up, hungover as all get out and drive back to home.  Two of us were roommates in a townhouse and the other three were roommates in a house by campus.  

We get back to the house as that is where the rendezvous point was and go in.  Several voice messages on the machine (did I mention this was 1997) and the last two were from Gus.

Message one:  "Hey boys, this is Gus.  Look under the couch, there is a prize"  

Message two:  "Fellas, I focked up.  I ate an 8th of mushrooms and walked to Hardee's (maybe a Carl's Jr in other parts of America) at 4am.  The Bread truck guy was there delivering bread and had the truck running in the parking lot.  Seemed like fun at the time but I jumped in and stole the bread truck, delivered bread to all my friends.  I need bail."

Whoa, we looked and there where loaves of bread under the couch, like a half dozen.  Apparently Gus was on mushrooms, in a stolen bread truck delivering bread to all his buddies, associates and anyone else he knew......just having a ball.  

We all chipped in and bailed him out the next day, his mom paid us back even though we insisted it was fine,  but we still laugh at that story anytime we get together.  

ETA:  Gus is now a kayak instructor.... on a river... in Virginia.  

When I was a kid, us kids would camp out down by the creek. Sometimes we would decide to walk up to the local Stop and Go. There was a curfew for kids so sometimes cops would stop. We would all just jump into the palmetto bushes and that would be the end of it. Cops would yell at us to come out. Nope. You come in. Nope. Eventually they would just drive away. 

No, its just another really easy way to not get shot, perhaps should be added to "the talk" we keep hearing about....

If you didn't run from the cops at least a couple of times during high school and college, you are probably an anti-social loser that no one likes. Or a teetotaler, which is synonymous with being an anti-social loser that no one likes. I have no idea how many times I did, but it was well into the double digits.

Now if you mean really running from the cops, like trying to outrun/lose a patrol car, that's a different level. I have no further comment.

I started to once. I was in the back seat with this girl in a wooded area on an elementary-school campus. I looked up and saw the front end of a car parked on a nearby street. The car wasn't there before, so I got paranoid and figured we'd better get out of their.

I turned on the car and started heading the other way. The other car, which was a police car, flipped on its lights and came at us.

Then a wall of lights came on in front of us, and I slammed on the brakes.

The cops hopped out, surrounded are car and told me to keep my hands on the wheel.

They looked at me and went 🤣, because they realized it was just a couple of teens making out in car.

I rolled down the window to talk to them, and they said they were on the lookout for a rapist who had a similar car. 

Or at least that's what they said. Maybe they were just focking with us.

They let us go.

29 minutes ago, Fnord said:

If you didn't run from the cops at least a couple of times during high school and college, you are probably an anti-social loser that no one likes.

That, or, you're a respectable human being whose parents were sharp and brought you up right. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

If you didn't run from the cops at least a couple of times during high school and college, you are probably an anti-social loser that no one likes. Or a teetotaler, which is synonymous with being an anti-social loser that no one likes. I have no idea how many times I did, but it was well into the double digits.

Now if you mean really running from the cops, like trying to outrun/lose a patrol car, that's a different level. I have no further comment.

White privilege

4 hours ago, nobody said:

White privilege

Not all of us can be a Speedo-wearing, AAA-rated volleyball player who hangs his self-worth on such silliness and spends every moment of the day hunting around for morsels of self-fulfilling silliness, you self-sillingly silly Speedo-wearing embarrassment of a silky silly Speedo thing. 

• Sad 1