Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

How do you let your child freeze to death?

Isn't it possible that turning on the oven/gas can result in poisoning your family? Carbon monoxide, etc? 

If he was under a bunch of blankets, I am wondering if it was more of a suffocation thing? Or maybe it was a carbon monoxide thing if the family had a space heater going? I don't know....but I DO know that my family staying alive is like NUMBER ONE. 

CA has lost many lives, cities, and people due to wild fires and companies deciding profits are better than people. The lawsuits like this just pass the expenses down to those who are still around and using the power. I truly hope TX is different and they DO upgrade/update their power grid. So far, I don't think CA has done much and we will probably lose more this summer. 

Homeless people sleep on the street in the freezing cold all the time. Layers. 

33 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I was literally -40 here in northern minny last week and no one froze to death.  Pvssys live in Texor.  :bandana:

Yeah, but people had heat! Also, the homes are probably well made. Those homes look like they've been made out of cardboard.

When I was a kid we rarely had heat, we were brutally poor.

Where it became unbearable, we would go to the local hospital emergency room.  You can stay there all night and no one will bother you, get some good sleep, have access to a bathroom, water fountain, and sometimes snacks of you were lucky.

Of course, I was white, so I have "privilege" and it was not as bad for me I guess....   :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Of course, I was white, so I have "privilege" and it was not as bad for me I guess....   :rolleyes:

Strike, you forgot to switch your user name!

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

Strike, you forgot to switch your user name!

Well played.....  😄

• Thanks 1