Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Who here uses a CPAP machine?

How many of you fat focks have these devices of sleep torture?  I'm on day three of using it and was finally able to keep it on more than three hours.  Don't feel much better yet but every one I know that has them love them.  Any advise or tips appreciated.  😴

6 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

How many of you fat focks have these devices of sleep torture?  I'm on day three of using it and was finally able to keep it on more than three hours.  Don't feel much better yet but every one I know that has them love them.  Any advise or tips appreciated.  😴

Fat people aren't the only ones that benefit from using a CPAP due to sleep apnea...  It is mostly overweight people, but there are a lot that aren't...

So what kind of mask do you use?  Are you a back sleeper or side sleeper or stomach sleeper?  What is the problem that you feel like you have to take it off during the night?

I didn't have any problem with wearing the device at night and I'd say it took about just a few days before I felt noticeably less tired. I have no problem wearing mine straight through the night, so if you are having issues, I'd look at different mask alternatives.  It wasn't until I started wearing it, did I realize just how tired and just 'slowish' I had been going--- 

My advice, if you can't get up to 6 hours in a week or so, get back with your doctor and try a different mask.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Fat people aren't the only ones that benefit from using a CPAP due to sleep apnea...  It is mostly overweight people, but there are a lot that aren't...

So what kind of mask do you use?  Are you a back sleeper or side sleeper or stomach sleeper?  What is the problem that you feel like you have to take it off during the night?

I thought about mentioning this as a skinny sleep apnea person, but he sounds pretty miserable so I let it slide.

I have the mask that covers the nose and mouth.  I usually sleep on my side and that makes the mask leak so I'm trying to sleep on my back but I'm not used to that.  I got seven hours last night so it's getting better already.  I may try one that just fits the nose with the hose right off of it so I can go back to sleeping on my side.  But then I'm a mouth breather so....

8 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I have the mask that covers the nose and mouth.  I usually sleep on my side and that makes the mask leak so I'm trying to sleep on my back but I'm not used to that.  I got seven hours last night so it's getting better already.  I may try one that just fits the nose with the hose right off of it so I can go back to sleeping on my side.  But then I'm a mouth breather so....

That makes it tougher, I'm a nose breather so I've got a pretty small mask---small enough so that I can sleep on my side and not have it effect it's usage. 

9 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I have one that covers nose and mouth as well...  When I sleep on my side, I try to turn my head so that it is more towards the pillow and move the hose towards above the pillow...  That way it helps keep the leaking down to a minimum and the hose blows the air down from the top instead of directly into my nose which made me feel like I was suffocating...

It will take some time, but once you get used to it, you won't mind it...  Like Mike said, if you continue to have issues after about a month, go back to your doctor...  Oh and being a mouth breather, going to just a nose intake won't help you with the apnea as you can still have issues because you will be able to bypass the CPAP machine trying to help...

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

That makes it tougher, I'm a nose breather so I've got a pretty small mask---small enough so that I can sleep on my side and not have it effect it's usage. 

That's the mask I used for the sleep study but it still it leaked when I went to my side.  I may try one like this 62900-2.jpg (900×900) (volusion.com)

15 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

That's the mask I used for the sleep study but it still it leaked when I went to my side.  I may try one like this 62900-2.jpg (900×900) (volusion.com)

I started out with a full mask. Hated it. Switched to the one that you have in that picture. Hate it slightly less. Total pain in the ass and I just wear it for 4 hours a night to make sure that insurance covers the costs since I am in the first 90 days. Of course that is in increments of about 1-2 hours each time I have to adjust.

My wife loves it because I don't snore. 

I bought one about 8 years ago. Mainly due to wifely complaints.

After a month or so I started actually feeling better, I had no idea how poorly I was sleeping. Ended up being a big help.

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well lah-di-dah.  <_<

31 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I thought a CPAP was to check if a woman has cervical cancer.

Think I heard Trump is speaking at CPAP.  🤔

14 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Well lah-di-dah.  <_<

Think I heard Trump is speaking at CPAP.  🤔

:lol:

CPAC

Got my first 100 score with the myAir app.  It's getting better but I still don't feel much better.  

I've found if I'm drinking, my score goes way down.  This sucks because it is where I was hoping to get the best relief with it.  Time will tell.

14 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Got my first 100 score with the myAir app.  It's getting better but I still don't feel much better.  

I've found if I'm drinking, my score goes way down.  This sucks because it is where I was hoping to get the best relief with it.  Time will tell.

Strange, I hope that it starts helping.  For me it was pretty dramatic, I went from not breathing 40 times an hour to less than 3 since I started using the CPAP.  My problems were caused by soft pallette obstruction, fixed with about 8-10 pounds of constant air pressure. If I go a couple of days without using it, I end up feeling like I have a mild hangover and groggy.  

If your doctor is like mine, you probably have a 90 day follow-up scheduled, so keep wearing it and if things don't improve let the doctor know. They might bring you to the sleep center to do a more intensive sleep study and see if there are more underlying issues.  

Best of luck man.  

JFC, are we going to switch to comparing MyAir app scores instead of bench press? We have really fallen.

My best is like an 85 on the app.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

JFC, are we going to switch to comparing MyAir app scores instead of bench press? We have really fallen.

My best is like an 85 on the app.

Speak up, I can't hear you.  

They have that new electric zapper they insert in your fat neck.  When you snore it zaps the hell out of you and makes you breath correctly

Think it is called Inspire...lol

Cant have a bmi over 32

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

They have that new electric zapper they insert in your fat neck.  When you snore it zaps the hell out of you and makes you breath correctly

Cant have a bmi over 32

I can't sleep while being tethered to a focking tube. Now you want me to get zapped instead???!!  Doesn't sound like a recipe for a good night's sleep for me. My wife might like it. My guess is that she would have snoring noises in the background just to torture me. 

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

What are your settings? 
Check your central sleep apnea’s  at  the bottom of the sleep report page by scrolling down 

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Cant have a bmi over 32

Insurance won’t cover that. Its insanely expensive 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Insurance won’t cover that. Its insanely expensive 

No kidding..bummer

3 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

What are your settings? 
Check your central sleep apnea’s  at  the bottom of the sleep report page by scrolling down 

Off the top of my head...Pressure is at 10 and I upped my humidity to 6.  

Last night my apnea's were 5.5/ hr

On 2/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, fandandy said:

I think CPAC's a rapper.

No that’s CRAP

I wore an sensor on my chest, and the oxygen sensor on my finger to test for sleep apnea. I pasted, and don't need that . 

17 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I wore an sensor on my chest, and the oxygen sensor on my finger to test for sleep apnea. I pasted, and don't need that . 

Failed the Fock out out of the grammar test though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Off the top of my head...Pressure is at 10 and I upped my humidity to 6.  

Last night my apnea's were 5.5/ hr

If you are averaging under 5 events an hour you're fine. If not, switch to auto 8-20cmh20. Clinical settings are easy to find on google or you can PM me. 

I allegedly had 63 events per hour during my sleep study. I have never been above 4 with the CPAP. My guess is the original reading was way off.

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I allegedly had 63 events per hour during my sleep study. I have never been above 4 with the CPAP. My guess is the original reading was way off.

I bet it was dead on. I see this regularly. Your heart very much appreciates you using cpap.

3 hours ago, Reality said:

This is the least surprising thread I've ever read here.

Dear lord, how many crapper busting fatties do we have posting here? 

I ain’t bright. I went from a mask to the nasal pillow thingies. Everything is done via mail. I thought they sent me a medium and a large, so I go with the medium because I am not that big.

I finally looked at the other one yesterday and it appears I had been using a XS/S instead of the M/L. After a few weeks with that small one, last night I switched to the M/L and it was 1000x better. 

I guess I should read the directions. :dunno: 

I'm a 45 year old white male from North Carolina.  (He / Him / Y'all)

5'11 - 180 pounds. (My fighting weight is 170)  I'm just trying to keep it to a Covid-10.

Have I ever snored?  Yes, but it was always when I either drank to much or sick.  Apparently, I am now snoring while sober and healthy according to my wife.  She asked me to get a sleep test.  :oldrolleyes:

I've been plotting my response for two days now.........

4 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Aside from worsening the aesthetics of my bedroom, this CPAP holder actually made a positive difference for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Eliminate-Tangles-CPAP-Hose-Holder/dp/B003UAHWOE

I’ll pass on that one. I would feel like I am in Brian’s Song. Don’t show this to KSB. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm a 45 year old white male from North Carolina.  (He / Him / Y'all)

5'11 - 180 pounds. (My fighting weight is 170)  I'm just trying to keep it to a Covid-10.

Have I ever snored?  Yes, but it was always when I either drank to much or sick.  Apparently, I am now snoring while sober and healthy according to my wife.  She asked me to get a sleep test.  :oldrolleyes:

I've been plotting my response for two days now.........

Next step is she will record you