Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Here is how you know youre a dogsh*t QB...

True. If this were the NBA, the Eagles would’ve given the Colts a few picks to take Wentz bloated contract off their hands.

Instead, Indy paid them. :o 

Highway robbery. 

11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30946114/indianapolis-colts-wr-michael-pittman-jr-says-give-no-11-carson-wentz%3Fplatform%3Damp

Nothing says respect like a second-year wide receiver saying not dog I’m good. I’m going to keep my number. Lol.

Tom Brady was going to switch to #7.  Godwin said he'd give up #12.  Had Godwin held on to #12, by your standard, Tom Brady would have been a dogsht QB too.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tom Brady was going to switch to #7.  Godwin said he'd give up #12.  Had Godwin held on to #12, by your standard, Tom Brady would have been a dogsht QB too.

If you’re talking about the standard of respect for a quarterback. But that didn’t happen because Brady is respected. Wentz? Nobody barely wanted him. 

You logic has severe flaws.  Pittman said "not happening" before he was even asked.  Brady got the number without asking.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

I’m rooting for Wentz. It will be fun if he turns it around. AFC is so good.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You logic has severe flaws.  Pittman said "not happening" before he was even asked.  Brady got the number without asking.  :dunno:

Brady did ask.  He asked Godwin and told him that if he wanted to keep the number, that it was fine.  Brady would then switch to #7 (symbolically as that was the Super Bowl number he was going for).  There is a rumor that he might switch to 8 this year.  It's almost exactly how it went down with Pittman and Wentz.  Wentz asked Pittman if he was locked in to #11.  He said he was, so Wentz said he'd switch.  The ONLY difference is that Godwin was ok with giving up the number.

Now, who's to say that Pittman just isn't a jerk?  I mean, assumptions are just being made that Wentz is garbage so Pittman told him to stick it.  What has Pittman done to deserve the benefit of the doubt over Wentz?

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Brady did ask.  He asked Godwin and told him that if he wanted to keep the number, that it was fine.  Brady would then switch to #7 (symbolically as that was the Super Bowl number he was going for).  There is a rumor that he might switch to 8 this year.  It's almost exactly how it went down with Pittman and Wentz.  Wentz asked Pittman if he was locked in to #11.  He said he was, so Wentz said he'd switch.  The ONLY difference is that Godwin was ok with giving up the number.

Now, who's to say that Pittman just isn't a jerk?  I mean, assumptions are just being made that Wentz is garbage so Pittman told him to stick it.  What has Pittman done to deserve the benefit of the doubt over Wentz?

Why do you love Wentz so much? 

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You are taking offense with Wentz being called dogsh1t in this thread.  The truth probably is that Pittman likes the number, and Wentz couldn't care less either way. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

You are taking offense with Wentz being called dogsh1t in this thread.  The truth probably is that Pittman likes the number, and Wentz couldn't care less either way. 

Well it’s the point that a second year guy is either proactively or just telling Wentz he doesn’t respect him enough to give up his number. He’s a middling second year wide receiver. 

And no he isnt good enough to even ask.

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do you love Wentz so much? 

I don't love him, I just don't HATE him like everyone else seems too.  I think he's a solid QB who was on a crappy team run by a crappy organization.  Some want to blame only Wentz and think he's garbage.  I'm open minded and think the largest problem was everyone else.  The Eagles just released Jackson and Jeffrey.  Those were supposed to be his two best WR's, now they're free agents.  Guess they weren't all that good after all, eh?  Their HC was also fire.  Their GM should have been fired and will likely be next year.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Pretty much everything you said here... yes.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty much everything you said here... yes.

Well both could be true I suppose. He clearly did ask Pittman for the number. Pittman told him no and Wentz said that’s fine I’m probably going to switch numbers anyway. But he did tell him no. 

hes not telling rodgers, brady, brees no.

You guys might be onto something with the MSM and their misleading titles.

This article is titled “...Pittman Jr. explains why he won’t give his No. 11 Jersey...”

...except there’s no “explaining,” just him saying “I am No. 11”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-michael-pittman-jr-explains-why-he-wont-give-his-no-11-jersey-to-new-teammate-carson-wentz/

Well both could be true I suppose. He clearly did ask Pittman for the number. Pittman told him no and Wentz said that’s fine I’m probably going to switch numbers anyway. But he did tell him no. 

Why not? They wouldn't throw to him because of that?

No one's calling Wentz elite though.

No one's calling Wentz elite though.

Exactly my point. You’re trying to split the atom here over Carson Freaking Wentz. 

You can’t honestly say or think that if Brady or rodgers Got traded and they wanted their number that Michael Pittman isn’t giving up that number.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Exactly my point. You’re trying to split the atom here over Carson Freaking Wentz. 

You can’t honestly say or think that if Brady or rodgers Got traded and they wanted their number that Michael Pittman isn’t giving up that number.

No, I'm merely saying that there's other classifications other than dogsht and elite.  Wentz would fall into one of them.

16 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

What about Stafford?

On 2/22/2021 at 10:57 PM, cyclone24 said:

Here is how you know youre a dogsh*t QB...

The Chicago Bears are interested in you being their starter.  

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

The Chicago Bears are interested in you being their starter.  

I would at least try to throw it past the line of scrimmage so there is that. :) 

Wentz will end up with #11.

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Wentz will end up with #11.

Thank God. 

Matt Stafford wanted to wear #7 with the Lions but it was retired.  Dutch Clark, the Flying Dutchman, wore #7.  He played for the Lions from 1931-1938 (skipping 1933 to coach a football team).  He played for the Lions before they were the Lions.  They were at the time called the Portsmouth Spartans and only became the Detroit Lions in 1934.  In college he averaged 10 yard per carry at Colorado College and scored half of his team's points in 1928.  In the NFL, he led the NFL in scoring, rushing yards, total offense multiple times.  He was first team all pro multiple times.  In 1935, the Los Angeles Times called him the greatest back ever to play the game.  He retired after 8 years of NFL play at the age of 32.  He won 1 NFL title in 1935.  He went into the College Football Hall of Fame with its inaugural class in 1951.  He went into the NFL Hall of Fame with its inaugural class in 1963.  He was the first Detroit Lion to have number retired by the club, #7.

Matt Stafford also cannot wear #7 with the Rams.  It is also retired. QB Bob Waterfield wore #7 for the Cleveland / Los Angeles Rams from 1945-1952.  He won 2 NFL titles in 1945 and 1951.  Waterfield actually grew up in Los Angeles (Van Nuys) and was drafted by the Cleveland Rams in 1945.  He won the NFL title as a rookie QB, won the NFL MVP in 1945, and then the Rams moved to his hometown of Los Angeles right afterwards.  His career only lasted 6 years but he won 2 titles. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thank God. 

Just a hunch.