Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Anyone here, or know someone who actually buys gold?

With bitcoin being the latest couple year craze now. The traditional save everything you can and bury it in your backyard. Stock market, bonds, 401k, ira's ect.

Anyone do or know someone who does the gold thing? Just buys as much as they can? Is there even still a viable theory behind doing it?

Nobody I know well enough to share that info with me. If a person has a gold bar how do they sell it?

I know someone who started buying physical gold and silver in 2009 thinking the global economy was gonna collapse.  They have hundreds of pounds of metal in hidden safes in their house.  THey are a little kooky.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I know someone who started buying physical gold and silver in 2009 thinking the global economy was gonna collapse.  They have hundreds of pounds of metal in hidden safes in their house.  THey are a little kooky.

I bet you keep your gold in a pot at the end of the rainbow. :thumbsup: 

I sold about $8500 in gold and silver 3 weeks ago.... The fact spot prices were falling yet you couldn't buy physical and those prices were rising told me the game is rigged

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nobody I know well enough to share that info with me. If a person has a gold bar how do they sell it?

That was kinda my thinking. I was thinking more along the lines of coins. But same scenario.

If you got a  couple dozen gold coins (at different weights, or carrots?) Because 10 years ago you listened to the hype. Buy as much as you can. Prepare yourself.

What the heck do you do with it now?

There are many groups on facebook to buy and sell on. When I cashed out I sold my holdings in 15 mins well above spot price.      It isn't difficult

Just now, bandrus1 said:

There are many groups on facebook to buy and sell on. When I cashed out I sold my holdings in 15 mins well above spot price

Is that the norm? 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Is that the norm? 

That or Coin and metal dealers.     Of your question is can you instantly sell your metal online for slightly above spot price the answer is yes