Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Garland 'hadn't thought' about whether illegal border crossings should remain a crime

Open the flood gates America...:dunno:

Merrick Garland, President Biden’s pick to lead the Justice Department, said Monday he "hadn’t thought" about whether illegal entry at the southern border should remain a crime.

Garland was asked by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., if he believed "that illegal entry at America’s border should remain a crime?"

"Well, I haven’t thought about that question. I just haven’t thought about that question," Garland responded. "I think the president has made clear that we are a country with borders and with a concern about national security. I don’t know of a proposal to decriminalize but still make it unlawful to enter. I just don’t know the answer to that question. I hadn’t thought about it."

There has been a push in recent years to decriminalize illegal border crossings from left-wing Democrats and immigrant activist groups. Most notably, the 2020 presidential platform of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., included a pledge to decriminalize illegal border crossings, making it a civil rather than a criminal offense.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garland-illegal-border-crossings-crime

The guy is a joke.  I hear less “ums” when some illiterate football player gives an interview. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The guy is a joke.  I hear less “ums” when some illiterate football player gives an interview. 

He doesn't want to tell the truth so he goes all stuttering democrat on the country.. The focker.

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was thinking the same thing about all the “ums”. You’d think these people would know how to speak intelligently during interviews and act like they know what is going on. Instead we get “ums” or “I’ll circle back” and never get to it :doh: 

• Thanks 1

Our masters want open borders.  Open borders are what we will have.  And like it.  Don't fool yourself into thinking the Republicans will be any better on this issue unless we get some true MAGA candidates soon.  Blue-collar workers are moving to the Republican party in droves but I can almost guarantee you that the party will fock them over the first chance they get.  Every last one of those sonsabitches in Washington are crooked as hell, imo.

• Thanks 1

"No human is illegal!!!"

(at least according to the yard sign in front of my white guilt suffering virtue signaling neighbor's house) 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

"No human is illegal!!!"

(at least according to the yard sign in front of my white guilt suffering virtue-signaling pro-choice neighbor's house) 

:pointstosky:

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

"No human is illegal!!!"

(at least according to the yard sign in front of my white guilt suffering virtue signaling neighbor's house) 

True, but their  immigration status can be. And that’s the subject. 

Sen. Josh Hawley: Mr Garland, have you thought about this hypothetical that NOBODY in the Biden administration is proposing?

Garland: No, I haven't been thinking about something that NOBODY is proposing.

Utilit99---OMG---wait till the GC hears about this!  :mad: 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"ummmmmmm" and "i don't know any facts" about sums up this idiot.

thank god we got amy barrett....she sounds like a rocket scientist compared to him.

3 hours ago, DonS said:

"No human is illegal!!!"

I'm positive they feel the same way about the not illegal people that entered the capitol on January 6th. Otherwise they'd be focking hypocrites. 

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Sen. Josh Hawley: Mr Garland, have you thought about this hypothetical that NOBODY in the Biden administration is proposing?

Garland: No, I haven't been thinking about something that NOBODY is proposing.

Utilit99---OMG---wait till the GC hears about this!  :mad: 

You’re right. He was great, very impressive.  Um. 

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Our masters want open borders.  Open borders are what we will have.  And like it.  Don't fool yourself into thinking the Republicans will be any better on this issue unless we get some true MAGA candidates soon.  Blue-collar workers are moving to the Republican party in droves but I can almost guarantee you that the party will fock them over the first chance they get.  Every last one of those sonsabitches in Washington are crooked as hell, imo.

Unfortunately the masses are way to stupid to figure this out...on both sides.

All need voted out except Kyrsten Sinema and Lauren Boebert. 

14 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Unfortunately the masses are way to stupid to figure this out...on both sides.

All need voted out except Kyrsten Sinema and Lauren Boebert. 

We can't vote our way out of this. It's too late for that.

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Open the flood gates America...:dunno:

Merrick Garland, President Biden’s pick to lead the Justice Department, said Monday he "hadn’t thought" about whether illegal entry at the southern border should remain a crime.

Garland was asked by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., if he believed "that illegal entry at America’s border should remain a crime?"

"Well, I haven’t thought about that question. I just haven’t thought about that question," Garland responded. "I think the president has made clear that we are a country with borders and with a concern about national security. I don’t know of a proposal to decriminalize but still make it unlawful to enter. I just don’t know the answer to that question. I hadn’t thought about it."

There has been a push in recent years to decriminalize illegal border crossings from left-wing Democrats and immigrant activist groups. Most notably, the 2020 presidential platform of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., included a pledge to decriminalize illegal border crossings, making it a civil rather than a criminal offense.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garland-illegal-border-crossings-crime

Why would Garland waste his time thinking about such a stupid question? Josh Hawley is a traitor to his country, cheering on the cop-killers who stormed the Capitol. Stupid question, and stupid that people are getting worked up about his answer as if it somehow indicates that Garland will let illegal immigrants take over America tomorrow. Xenophobes- Hawley is your spirit animal!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

the cop-killers who stormed the Capitol.

Link? Hack. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

Link? Hack. 

Link was busy saving princess zelda that day

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Link was busy saving princess zelda that day

Once again you bring nothing. Step up your game kid. 

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Why would Garland waste his time thinking about such a stupid question? Josh Hawley is a traitor to his country, cheering on the cop-killers who stormed the Capitol. Stupid question, and stupid that people are getting worked up about his answer as if it somehow indicates that Garland will let illegal immigrants take over America tomorrow. Xenophobes- Hawley is your spirit animal!

Funny. Where were you, when last summer liberal terrorists were burning down police stations, burning down people's businesses, looting stores, throwing fire bombs at police, standing in traffic and harassing motorists, etc...?

Domestic terrorism was going on all summer. 30 cops were killed in the process with over 250 other cops injured. And well civilians? You didn't give a shlt. You cheered it all on.

And now your little retarded feelers are all  hurt. 

Sanctuary cities set up for a bunch of criminals all because dems want votes. 

At least try to sound smart every once in a while.

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Funny. Where were you, when last summer liberal terrorists were burning down police stations, burning down people's businesses, looting stores, throwing fire bombs at police, standing in traffic and harassing motorists, etc...?

Domestic terrorism was going on all summer. 30 cops were killed in the process with over 250 other cops injured. And well civilians? You didn't give a shlt. You cheered it all on.

And now your little retarded feelers are all  hurt. 

Sanctuary cities set up for a bunch of criminals all because dems want votes. 

At least try to sound smart every once in a while.

Again the racist trope that people flying to DC and storming the Capitol of the United States are equivalent to people peacefully protesting in their own hometowns, with a very small percentage of hooligans using the protests as cover for violence. Why try to defend people who beat a cop to death, wore Nazi T-shirts, brought a confederate flag into the Capitol, etc…. These people don’t need defending, and comparing them to peaceful protesters in the BLM movement is an attempt to defend them. It’s a load of crap that fewer and fewer people buy into each day. People are running from the GOP like rats from a burning ship. Lock the terrorists up for life and stop playing the game of false equivalencies. It’s pretty telling when people twist themselves into knots of “logic” to defend Nazi terrorists.

People are running from the GOP? Didn’t  they just pick up seats in Congress? 

Its the top priority for the left for fully open borders with full voting rights upon entry.  Everyone that lives in America for 3+ generations drifts to the right.  With every fresh wave of immigrants, the population increases, and the next wave must be larger to overcome the rising numbers of right-wing voters.  They either need to keep increasing the immigration waves or destroy the Constitution to strip right wingers of voting rights and power.

Currently, latinos 3rd generation plus are moving to the right.  Blacks are starting to move to the right.  The democrats need a fresh wave of immigrants to counter - vastly larger than anything before.  And they must be allowed to vote.

The democrats have never won the national conversation.  They just dump more people into the nation to overcome that loss.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Again the racist trope that people flying to DC and storming the Capitol of the United States are equivalent to people peacefully protesting in their own hometowns, with a very small percentage of hooligans using the protests as cover for violence. Why try to defend people who beat a cop to death, wore Nazi T-shirts, brought a confederate flag into the Capitol, etc…. These people don’t need defending, and comparing them to peaceful protesters in the BLM movement is an attempt to defend them. It’s a load of crap that fewer and fewer people buy into each day. People are running from the GOP like rats from a burning ship. Lock the terrorists up for life and stop playing the game of false equivalencies. It’s pretty telling when people twist themselves into knots of “logic” to defend Nazi terrorists.

What % of the people protesting in DC went into the capitol?

You deny the summer of terrorism caused by the left. Just stupid. 

It's like you're allergic to knowing the truth.

6 hours ago, dogcows said:

No cops died dumbass 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, fandandy said:

My FB page has been busy with posts from union workers thanking Biden for single handedly eliminated thousands of jobs right off the bat.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is no exaggeration. Click a video, people need to see it for themselves to believe it. What's the opposite of eloquent? I watched him answer two questions and I've hardly seen so many "ums" in my life. That Ball State sportscaster comes to mind.Or Admiral Stockdale at the Vice Presidential debate in 92 or 96. Or my poor buddy Jim that one sad day in social studies class when Mr. Shemke was p*ssed. I'd have to watch the four back-to-back to see who was worst. How does somebody go anywhere let alone this far in the law profession when they stumble over words this badly?

7 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No cops died dumbass 

I’m sure it’s one of the leftists that marked my comment with the confused look. But please show me which cops died. But there are none

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Shoe's on the other foot with district judges now. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

My FB page has been busy with posts from union workers thanking Biden for single handedly eliminated thousands of jobs right off the bat.

A Trump-led Republican party would be great for the American worker but that's far from guaranteed.  

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No cops died dumbass 

I guess nobody ever heard of Brian Sicknick? Do posts from this forum come from an alternate reality?

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I guess nobody ever heard of Brian Sicknick? Do posts from this forum come from an alternate reality?

Are you stupid are just dumb. The Brian Sicknick death was a lie. Even the NYTimes retracted it. But MSNBC hasn’t reported it so how would you know

im just going to assume you are uninformed so here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275449/amp/Mom-Capitol-police-officer-Brian-Sicknick-believes-died-stroke.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Are you stupid are just dumb. The Brian Sicknick death was a lie. Even the NYTimes retracted it. But MSNBC hasn’t reported it so how would you know

im just going to assume you are uninformed so here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275449/amp/Mom-Capitol-police-officer-Brian-Sicknick-believes-died-stroke.html

So he’s still alive and kicking? You said no cops died. So, he died from a stroke related to the beating instead of brain damage due to blunt force trauma? Fact is, he’d still be alive if he wasn’t beaten by white trash terrorists.

13 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Fact is, he’d still be alive if he wasn’t beaten by white trash terrorists.

Thanks Doc

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thanks Doc

You’re welcome.

32 minutes ago, dogcows said:

So he’s still alive and kicking? You said no cops died. So, he died from a stroke related to the beating instead of brain damage due to blunt force trauma? Fact is, he’d still be alive if he wasn’t beaten by white trash terrorists.

Did you sign the coroner's report? Want to make sure it got your stamp of approval.