Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

El Chapo's wife ordered held without bail following international drug trafficking arrest

oopsies...That bltch be crazy.

The wife of notorious longtime drug kingpin "El Chapo" on Tuesday was ordered held without bond pending trial, one day after she was arrested at Dulles International Airport for alleged international drug trafficking.

Emma Coronel Aispuro, a 31-year-old dual U.S.-Mexican citizen and the wife of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera, appeared via video conference for the 12 p.m. arraignment in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, in Washington, D.C. The judge's order came after Coronel Aispuro's attorney, Jeffrey Licthman, said he would consent to her temporary detention, while maintaining their right to request a future bond hearing. 

Coronel Aispuro spoke only briefly – with a quick, "Si," and "No," when prompted by the judge during the hearing. She faces a charge of conspiracy to distribute one kilogram or more of heroin, five kilograms or more of cocaine, 1,000 kilograms or more of marijuana, and 500 grams or more of methamphetamines for unlawful importation into the U.S., the Justice Department said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/el-chapo-drug-cartel-wife-first-court-appearance-held-without-bail-drug-trafficking-arrest

With El Chapo, I assume the prosecution had a mountain of evidence.  I hope the evidence against her isn't just a few rats saving themselves from long prison terms. 

Just doesn't sound right, 20+ y.o. girlfriend running Chapo's drug business?   :dunno:

I watch Despierta America and saw that she was arrested, but since I don't speak Spanish (yet) I wasn't sure why they arrested her.