Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Violence in Chicago SOLVED!!!

Rap lyrics

1 minute ago, taco breath said:

Rap lyrics

:nono:

Songs which glorify guns, drugs, and wh0res just fall under the category of "different cultural norms".  Nothing to see here. 

40 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I play video games. How long does it take for the violence to kick in?

Wouldn't be the lack of father figures and parents. Must be video games!

• Thanks 1

Video games are worse cause of the online play and we didn't have that back in our day. I get on and play COD multi player and all you hear is 8 year olds calling everyone the N word and then the F word to impress each other. Different times and parents don't pay attention to their kids.

• Thanks 1

Any excuse shall be used to avoid facing the truth

• Thanks 1

With all of the history that is being erased, no wonder they are trying to go this route again...

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I play video games. How long does it take for the violence to kick in?

Some days I can't decide if I want to go on a violent rampage with my katana or jump in my longship and do a drive-by with my dual wielded axe and flail.  The struggle is real! 

9 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Wouldn't be the lack of father figures and parents. Must be video games!

You finally said something I would agree with/I myself would have said!

👍

We have to remember that this whiter-supremacist society is the cause  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

We have to remember that this whiter-supremacist society is the cause  :rolleyes:

There it is.

Probably some truth to it. Poor kids are more likely to a life of crime and violence and Grand Theft Auto doesn't help those kids. Glorifies gang-banging and particularly bad ... it's realistic and fun as hell.  No other "violent" video game is quite like it...  war games, sniper games, etc. 

Doesn't harm most of the population though.

I wonder if it would work in reverse.  We could end obesity by having kids play video games where the characters exercised and ate a healthy diet. 

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I wonder if it would work in reverse.  We could end obesity by having kids play video games where the characters exercised and ate a healthy diet. 

Can't wait to play Vegan Hugfest 3!

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Can't wait to play Vegan Hugfest 3!

I have it preordered.  From everything that I've read the hugs look SO real.  :wub:

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Probably some truth to it. Poor kids are more likely to a life of crime and violence and Grand Theft Auto doesn't help those kids. Glorifies gang-banging and particularly bad ... it's realistic and fun as hell.  No other "violent" video game is quite like it...  war games, sniper games, etc. 

Doesn't harm most of the population though.

Nope it's rap.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

There it is.

Hmmmm, I wonder, do you read? Do you read from a variety of news sources? Are there specific outlets you might find, say, not credible?

If I were to say.....post a link or 20 where media was making this assertion, should I simply ignore the assertion?

Perhaps we can pretend that its not being asserted, because its just not true?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Hmmmm, I wonder, do you read? Do you read from a variety of news sources? Are there specific outlets you might find, say, not credible?

If I were to say.....post a link or 20 where media was making this assertion, should I simply ignore the assertion?

Perhaps we can pretend that its not being asserted, because its just not true?

I’d be interested in seeing a link to anyone claiming white supremacy is responsible for gun violence in Chicago, sure. :thumbsup: 

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d be interested in seeing a link to anyone claiming white supremacy is responsible for gun violence in Chicago, sure. :thumbsup: 

796 homicides in Chicago 2020.  I'd randomly guess 60% are indirectly due to Mexican drug cartels.  The cartels don't care who sells it, but the gangs do.  Turf wars, retaliations, gangster life.

17 hours ago, DonS said:

Apparently all that gosh darn violence and carjackings is because of video games!!!

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/23/22297837/illinois-house-rep-evans-ban-violent-video-games

Wait a minute.  I thought the excuse was that these people are committing crimes because they're poor.  How on Earth can they afford the $500 gaming console and $60 games... plus internet (which I thought they didn't have), if they were poor?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wait a minute.  I thought the excuse was that these people are committing crimes because they're poor.  How on Earth can they afford the $500 gaming console and $60 games... plus internet (which I thought they didn't have), if they were poor?

What do you call a black man with a gaming console?

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Thief

Murderer

18 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Video games are worse cause of the online play and we didn't have that back in our day. I get on and play COD multi player and all you hear is 8 year olds calling everyone the N word and then the F word to impress each other. Different times and parents don't pay attention to their kids.

Kinda like utilt?

On 2/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, MDC said:

Link

Violence in Chicago and other cities across the country is the symptom of centuries of racism, an epidemic that has plagued our nation since long before COVID-19

Simple example, more are out there of course. MSM is the leading pusher of this drug.

https://documentaryheaven.com/chicago-at-the-crossroad/

I found this documentary on Chicago was really good overall.  The whining was limited, does a good job obliquely noting that Democrats actively worked against AA people.  And amazingly, AA people continue to suffer in any location where Democrats are the dominant political force.