BeenHereBefore

I Miss Living in The 70's

My parents and their close friends bought a school Bus back then and took some of the chairs out and put tables in and bunk beds. Painted the bus and even wrote Waylon & Willie on it. Left there places we lived and homes. Headed down 1-95 to Florida and my dad drove the front car and his friend drove the bus. Some Smokey & The Bandit sh!t there lol. My dad had a 68 T-bird with suicide doors leading the way. Ended up in St. Augustine Florida at 3am and park by the beach. First time I ever saw a ocean and was cool to listen to the waves as I went to sleep. Just cooler and simpler times...  Ps. CB radios was involved on the way to FLA.

Me and my friends was playing table football on the way down through the belt way. Just cool times and my Dad leading the way in the T-bird with our German Shepard riding shotgun.

I don't know if any of you all are familiar with St. Augustine but back then other then the city most of it was woods for miles. Anyhow we loved it there and ended up staying about 3 years.

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sounds like the friggen partridge family...danny?

Maybe but best times ever! People don't do nut stuff like that anymore and throw caution in the wind. Everybody now days is all tied down committed to there house or jobs and not free!!!!!!! Great times back then! Ps. I do like a couple of their songs but can't stand the show. We are slaves to what we own!

6 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I love St. Augustine. Nice people. Bars close too early though. Like 1:30 or something like that. 

Both true but just beautiful there. When we lived there the actor Richard Boone lived there and would see him occasionally. I been to the bars but mostly I was getting drunk fishing on the pier there late at night. Pretty cool you been there!

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'm not the geek you are looking for!

Hi Adam. 

Didn’t Giants fan’s father have a 68 T-Bird too? What are the odds? 

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

My parents and their close friends bought a school Bus back then and took some of the chairs out and put tables in and bunk beds. Painted the bus and even wrote Waylon & Willie on it. Left there places we lived and homes. Headed down 1-95 to Florida and my dad drove the front car and his friend drove the bus. Some Smokey & The Bandit sh!t there lol. My dad had a 68 T-bird with suicide doors leading the way. Ended up in St. Augustine Florida at 3am and park by the beach. First time I ever saw a ocean and was cool to listen to the waves as I went to sleep. Just cooler and simpler times...  Ps. CB radios was involved on the way to FLA.

the 70's were the best!

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Both true but just beautiful there. When we lived there the actor Richard Boone lived there and would see him occasionally. I been to the bars but mostly I was getting drunk fishing on the pier there late at night. Pretty cool you been there!

Good ghost hunting and only like a 4 hour drive. 

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

So baby, let's sell your diamond ring
Buy some boots and faded jeans and go away

Make up your mind dood. Are you going to St. Augustine or Luckenbach? 

If you can hang in a while longer, we have another one coming up.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

As a 51 year old, I look back and feel blessed for being a kid in the 70's. 

Wow, what I time it was - I miss it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

As a 51 year old, I look back and feel blessed for being a kid in the 70's. 

Wow, what I time it was - I miss it. 

Yeah, back when kids could be kids and play outside without being wrapped in bubble wrap. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, back when kids could be kids and play outside without being wrapped in bubble wrap. 

Fear mongers had taken over this country. Now it's identity politics. They just keep layering crap on top of crap for all the liberal pvssies in the country to be able to be the sissies they developed into in life. It's all around us.   

On 2/25/2021 at 5:32 AM, BeenHereBefore said:

Which one are you? Danny or Keith? 

On 2/25/2021 at 5:37 AM, BeenHereBefore said:

Me and my friends was playing table football on the way down through the belt way. Just cool times and my Dad leading the way in the T-bird with our German Shepard riding shotgun.

I was in 1st grade in 1970. Cool decade. One of my old neighbors started a face book page for our old neighborhood. People have posted old pictures, mostly from the 1970's. One thing I noticed about the pictures: everyone was so fockin skinny back then (everyone had long hair too). No fatties. Our parents would pile 10 kids into the station wagon and drive us to the beach. Much bigger families and much smaller houses back then. 

1 hour ago, mighty_thor said:

I was in 1st grade in 1970. Cool decade. One of my old neighbors started a face book page for our old neighborhood. People have posted old pictures, mostly from the 1970's. One thing I noticed about the pictures: everyone was so fockin skinny back then (everyone had long hair too). No fatties. Our parents would pile 10 kids into the station wagon and drive us to the beach. Much bigger families and much smaller houses back then. 

That is cool about the FB page, Yea not to many fatties back then now that I think about it.