Mr. Potato Head has been renamed...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mister-no-more-mr-potato-163741315.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Mr. Potato Head is no longer a mister.

Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year.

Toy makers have been updating their classic brands to appeal to kids today. Barbie has shed its blonde image and now comes in multiple skin tones and body shapes. Thomas the Tank Engine added more girl characters. And American Girl is now selling a boy doll.

Hasbro said Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 70 years, needed a modern makeover.

3 minutes ago, posty said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mister-no-more-mr-potato-163741315.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Mr. Potato Head is no longer a mister.

Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year.

Toy makers have been updating their classic brands to appeal to kids today. Barbie has shed its blonde image and now comes in multiple skin tones and body shapes. Thomas the Tank Engine added more girl characters. And American Girl is now selling a boy doll.

Hasbro said Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 70 years, needed a modern makeover.

It's transitioning! What's it's preferred pronouns? :unsure:

I just don't understand what is happening in this country.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It is very sad, isn't it...

Now they need to do something about it wearing blackface all these years.  🤨

Seems like more of a girls toy anyways. I am surprised instead of going gender neutral that they did not go with a ms. Potato head.

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Seems like more of a girls toy anyways. I am surprised instead of going gender neutral that they did not go with a ms. Potato head.

There is/was a Mrs. Potato Head.  I wonder what will happen to her/it now.  

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The bad guys are winning. 

What do we call Red Skinned Potatoes Now? The Patato Team? 

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

What if the Potato thinks it's a squash?  Should they really call it Potato Head?  Maybe just head.

Or a cantaulope. You put the face on one side and cut the hole on the other.....

I never could figure out which hole to put the pemus in.

5 minutes ago, taco breath said:

I never could figure out which hole to put the pemus in.

You should prolly use the smallest one. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

You should prolly use the smallest one. 

Now that's an earful.

Pros)  Any publicity is good publicity -- "I didn't know they still made that Potato thing" plus make over-stocked inventory of Mr. Potato hotcake collector items.

Cons) Piss off some people even though there's no chance of public push-back if ever called out on "Mr.". 

Conclusion) Uptick in short-term sales. No change long-term. Gentlemen, let's make some money.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Me neither. I don't understand how people can take this crap seriously. :mellow:

56 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Looks like Twitter does some good after all. :lol:

The next time someone says that slippery slopes aren’t real I’m going to punch them in the face (internet speaking).  

Thanks MDC, Rusty, Wiffle, Honcho, et al.  

• Thanks 1

Hasbro makes their money selling to people who have kids. The alphabet people don't have kids. Even the woke allies of the alphabet people have low birth rates. We're the ones with kids. Here's another company to keep in mind. I don't know that I'd boycott Hasbro for this, but I won't buy Potato Head. Any other birthday present decision that is a coin toss....I'll go wth the non-Hasbro toy

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hasbro makes their money selling to people who have kids. The alphabet people don't have kids. Even the woke allies of the alphabet people have low birth rates. We're the ones with kids. Here's another company to keep in mind. I don't know that I'd boycott Hasbro for this, but I won't buy Potato Head and any other decision that is a coin toss....I'll go wth the non-Hasbro toy.

They also discontinued the chick from Star Wars doll. I buy lots of toys between my kids and the endless birthday parties they are invited to. I’ll do my best to avoid. 

On its own accord is this a big deal?  Of course not.  However it is a perfect symptom of the pervasive culture that that big corp, big tech, big (dem) politics are not only moving towards but becoming.  I have really hated the term "cuck" because it is used to much on this bored.  With that said, it may be apropos.  Even if you have Democratic / Liberal  point of views, you can still have a focking backbone.  Stand up to the ultra liberal left who are taking over your party and social mantra.  You will not though, because you are scared to be "canceled" or are just scared period.  The definition of a cuck.  

Clickbait. I actually opened the link in the OP. Read the below, it is the 2nd or 3rd paragraph from the article.

But in a tweet later that afternoon, Hasbro clarified that while the brand is changing, the actual Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head characters will still live on and be sold in stores. In a picture posted on Twitter, the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” names are less prominently displayed at the bottom of the box, instead of the top

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

On its own accord is this a big deal?  Of course not.  However it is a perfect symptom of the pervasive culture that that big corp, big tech, big (dem) politics are not only moving towards but becoming.  I have really hated the term "cuck" because it is used to much on this bored.  With that said, it may be apropos.  Even if you have Democratic / Liberal  point of views, you can still have a focking backbone.  Stand up to the ultra liberal left who are taking over your party and social mantra.  You will not though, because you are scared to be "canceled" or are just scared period.  The definition of a cuck.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just now starting to realize that people who call the liberals around here 'cucks' aren't really talking about their wives. They're talking about the 'cucks' souls. They're either cheering on, taking part in, or being compliant doormats who just readily accept being pissed on as the price for societal progress.

Or are you guys really literally talking about MDC's (et all) wife?

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just now starting to realize that people who call the liberals around here 'cucks' aren't really talking about their wives. They're talking about the 'cucks' souls. They're either cheering on, taking part in, or being compliant doormats who just readily accept being pissed on as the price for societal progress.

Or are you guys really literally talking about MDC's (et all) wife?

The former.  Nobody wants to bang  his wife.