fandandy

I just ordered a pair of these...

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Cork is sh!t 

It's not.

When you first get a pair of birkenstocks, they suck. Too stiff.

But once you get em broken in, they wear to exactly your feet, and there is nothing more comfortable. 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Same here. I used to wear boots that looked good. They sure didn’t feel that good. That phase is over. 

Yep. And any occasion that requires me to wear dress shoes can kiss my ass. I'll do it, but I don't like it.

I actually need to find a more comfortable pair of dress shoe. Some kind of a moccasin perhaps. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's not.

When you first get a pair of birkenstocks, they suck. Too stiff.

But once you get em broken in, they wear to exactly your feet, and there is nothing more comfortable. 

Oofos. Walking on clouds. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Same here. I used to wear boots that looked good. They sure didn’t feel that good. That phase is over. 

There are two things I don't like about sketches though... 

1. The tread is crap. Every pair I have is very smooth on the bottom. The campus I live and work at is mostly slippery tile, and I have busted my ass more than once. 

2. The most comfortable pair I have has a round pit on the heel. When I walk on wet tile (which the campus I work at is covered with) it creates a suction cup effect. I have had them sucked off my foot a couple of times. 

8 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

OK. Just ordered a pair. Seems like they only have the sandals here in China. 

They must be comfortable, as they are ugly as fock.

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

OK. Just ordered a pair. Seems like they only have the sandals here in China. 

They must be comfortable, as they are ugly as fock.

Oh, they are ugly as fock. But JFC are they heaven on the feet. Go a size bigger than you wear. 

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

How do they wear?  I saw these a while back on slickdeals but didn't pull the trigger.  I might try a pair.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

How do they wear?  I saw these a while back on slickdeals but didn't pull the trigger.  I might try a pair.

I put them on when I get home from work and on weekends. I got 3 years on mine before I bought a new pair. Arch is way bigger on the sandal compared the flip flop. Skip the crock looking one, feet sweat like a pig. 

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

There are two things I don't like about sketches though... 

1. The tread is crap. Every pair I have is very smooth on the bottom. The campus I live and work at is mostly slippery tile, and I have busted my ass more than once. 

2. The most comfortable pair I have has a round pit on the heel. When I walk on wet tile (which the campus I work at is covered with) it creates a suction cup effect. I have had them sucked off my foot a couple of times. 

They make lightweight boots with great threads. I have a pair. They have a lot more product than before. Even dress shoes. 

My previous sandals were dockers but they are shot.

I wear sandals 8 months out of the year down here. Comfort is all I care about. The problem with the dockers sandals is they fall apart quickly. They are comfortable though.

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Don't get me wrong, I use Amazon as well.  It was just funny that there were multiple people back to back to back with Amazon links.  

To reiterate, I utilize Amazon, its easy and two day shipping.  With that said I try my best to shop local even if its a tad more expensive.   

Is it just me, or are we all starting to poast like BHB and interesting syntax.  🤔

20 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Oh, they are ugly as fock. But JFC are they heaven on the feet. Go a size bigger than you wear. 

Sadly that is not an option in China. I ordered the biggest ones they have. 

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They make lightweight boots with great threads. I have a pair. They have a lot more product than before. Even dress shoes. 

Yeah, see I walk into the sketches store and tell them my size, and hope they have anything at all that big. Usually there is one pair in the whole store, so I just buy what I can get.

Next time I'm in the states I'll check that out. 

I'm not a fan of sandals in Los Angeles. Feet dry out in the desert.  I try to wear socks to keep in moisture.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh hell yeah. I have 3 pairs of those too. The ones with "googa mat technology" or whatever are like walking on marshmallows. They are my teacher shoes.

Being married and past 40, comfort is all I give a crap about in shoes. Looks are irrelevant. I'll wear giant d!cks on my feet as long as my feet don't hurt at the end of a day. 

My Red Wing work boots are my most comfortable shoes. Mainly because I wear orthotics and I can't find athletic shoes where the orthotic sits completely flat. Comfort illudes me most of the day