joneo

***Official Chauvin Trial Thread***

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Apparently, this thing was supposed to start a couple of weeks ago,  then there was a delay.  I suppose this bump means that we finally ready to roll? Let's see what the evidence has to say.

Yup

If this is what the prosecutuon is hanging their hat on, Chauvin walks.  They're trying to use the video to show cause of death and diverting from the toxicology.

Here in this case you’ll hear that an autopsy didn’t see any objective things in George Floyd’s tissues,” Blackwell said. “But you have to look at all the evidence to see what happened at the scene … all tell-tale signs of a person struggling and suffering from not receiving sufficient oxygen.”

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If this is what the prosecutuon is hanging their hat on, Chauvin walks.  They're trying to use the video to show cause of death and diverting from the toxicology.

Here in this case you’ll hear that an autopsy didn’t see any objective things in George Floyd’s tissues,” Blackwell said. “But you have to look at all the evidence to see what happened at the scene … all tell-tale signs of a person struggling and suffering from not receiving sufficient oxygen.”

if he gets a fair trial...he will walk or get the second degree manslaughter at most. there's no focking intent. guy didn't even start the struggle and the toxicology casts reasonable doubt.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:07 AM, TimmySmith said:

Should the fire department pre burn the city so when this guy walks there is nothing left?

Yes. Like they do when they cut fire lines to stop forest fires. Burn out a buffer zone and let the cockroaches know that they best not step foot in civilized areas outside the shithole they created.

38 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

if he gets a fair trial...he will walk or get the second degree manslaughter at most. there's no focking intent. guy didn't even start the struggle and the toxicology casts reasonable doubt.

I agree, but sometimes you need a sacrifice to keep the apes at bay. Chauvin may have to just be that sacrifice

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

I agree, but sometimes you need a sacrifice to keep the apes at bay. Chauvin may have to just be that sacrifice

They will riot, regardless of the outcome.  CNN has already prepared both versions of why it's justified. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

They will riot, regardless of the outcome.  CNN has already prepared both versions of why it's justified. 

short of death penalty...oh it gonna burn

George Floyd died doing what he truly enjoyed. Stealing and getting high.  

• Haha 1

Black youth particularly vulnerable to racial trauma

Mental health experts said Chauvin’s trial could retraumatize teenagers who are still learning what it means to be Black in America and developing an understanding of the legal system, policing and justice.

The trial teaches children at an early age “that they need to be vigilant and wary and the world’s not fair and that it’s very dangerous,” said Monnica Williams, a clinical psychologist and professor at the University of Ottawa in Canada who studies African American mental health. 

13 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

second degree manslaughter at best

3RD degree murder is putting someone's life in danger with an act.  Does a knee to the neck put someone's life in danger?  :dunno:

35 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Mental health experts said Chauvin’s trial could retraumatize teenagers who are still learning what it means to be Black in America and developing an understanding of the legal system, policing and justice.

The trial teaches children at an early age “that they need to be vigilant and wary and the world’s not fair and that it’s very dangerous,” said Monnica Williams, a clinical psychologist and professor at the University of Ottawa in Canada who studies African American mental health. 

Maybe they should never have been taken out of their natural element? 

55 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Why is this b1tch in Canada studying African Americans?  She should stick to African Canadians, eh? 

16 minutes ago, DonS said:

Why is this b1tch in Canada studying African Americans?  She should stick to African Canadians, eh? 

Have you been to Canada?  There are more black people in south Chicago then there are in all of Canada.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Have you been to Canada?  There are more black people in south Chicago then there are in all of Canada.

Tell me more about this Canada you speak of. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tell me more about this Canada you speak of. 

It's nick name is The Great White North.

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This is going to turn into a shitshow.  

That's exactly what it will be. Gonna be riots regardless. 

I notice many news outlets and prominent people using words that assume George Floyd was murdered.  The tone being used my most news outlets gives the impression there is only one possible outcome of this trial.  That is MURDER.

I believe these individuals, CEO’s, Professional Athletes, and news outlets are creating a situation where anything other than murder will result in serious mayhem.

These people are inciting violence. 

The left has created so much division in this country in such a short amount of time.

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I notice many news outlets and prominent people using words that assume George Floyd was murdered.  The tone being used my most news outlets gives the impression there is only one possible outcome of this trial.  That is MURDER.

I believe these individuals, CEO’s, Professional Athletes, and news outlets are creating a situation where anything other than murder will result in serious mayhem.

These people are inciting violence. 

Rule number ONE...repeat fabrications until they are believed to be fact.  This is fascist bullsh!t to the highest degree.

I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty damn telling that the prosecution is so focused on presenting how the witnesses felt, rather than the tangible evidence.

I know Floyd was the biggest factor in his own death and he’s a POS. But every time I see this dikhead Chauvin kneeling on him for that long I DGAF if he goes to prison. It was just so stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty damn telling that the prosecution is so focused on presenting how the witnesses felt, rather than the tangible evidence.

this. and from what i saw the defense dismantled all of them and their feelings.  they were getting all hot and bothered by the end of defense questioning.

from what i've seen so far....this dude is gonna walk.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:00 PM, TimmySmith said:

3RD degree murder is putting someone's life in danger with an act.  Does a knee to the neck put someone's life in danger?  :dunno:

not according the MN police training manual. it's called the recovery hold.

48 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

not according the MN police training manual. it's called the recovery hold.

I doubt it says to do it for 9 minutes 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I doubt it says to do it for 9 minutes 

how long does it say to do it? i thought i read until medics get on scene. seems to me the defense is hinting at that the medics were called way earlier and showed way late

listen i think chauvin is an idiot. dont care about him either. just saying in a real trial there's no way they can get anything more than manslaughter

He killed that dude...they got 27 million.  He did his family a favor.

Put the cop in jail..how hard is this??  

17 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

He killed that dude...they got 27 million.  He did his family a favor.

Put the cop in jail..how hard is this??  

How else would we get to see a coached 9 year old work on her acting skills? It's a reality show is all it is. The networks are praying the guy gets off the charges so that it will carry over to riots. Hot ratings.

Also, creepy joey and kameltoe want no more border crisis talk.

So I guess this provides all we need to know. Floyd was a focking drug addict that didn't get over it in at least 3 years. 

Interesting that they made sure to say WHITE former police officer and simply a BLACK man. And they didn't describe the black man as a "black male drug addict". And they were sure to capitalize the 'b' in black in the middle of the sentence.

Focking libtards. 

George Floyd girlfriend tells trial of their struggle with addiction, first kiss

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) -George Floyd's girlfriend smiled through tears as she told a jury on Thursday how they first met when he offered to pray with her, less than three years before his deadly arrest, and described how they both struggled with opioid addiction.

Courteney Ross was the first person who personally knew Floyd to testify at the murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the white former Minneapolis police officer caught in widely seen video kneeling on the neck of Floyd, a 46-year-old handcuffed Black man, for about nine minutes. The footage sparked global protests against police brutality.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/floyds-girlfriend-tells-jury-of-their-first-kiss-their-struggle-with-addiction/ar-BB1fd7NQ?li=BBnb7Kz

I can't wait for all the athletes to show their disdain for injustice.  Maybe they should asphyxiate themselves for 9 minutes as a show of solidarity.  

This neck-kneeling thing was (at the time) an approved method for detaining and subduing uncooperative people getting arrested. So, I think that clears up any intent issues. Chauvin is a nineteen year police veteran, he’s likely done this move dozens of times without issue in his career.

Where he focked up was in doing it on a man already complaining about breathing issues before he had even started. Floyd had underlying issues: he was drugged up, had Covid and a weak heart. Chauvin can see he’s under the influence of drugs, but the rest he wouldn’t know. The pleading for air was the telltale sign and he ignored it. How in the hell are you going to think that kneeling on the neck of a guy already complaining that he can’t breathe is a good idea? He needed a Plan B.

Then the stress of the situation and the kneeling exacerbated his problems. Chauvin then continuing to hold the position for nine minutes as the man was crying out for air, without showing any regard for the man. The scene made for an incredibly disturbing and emotionally heartbreaking video, especially knowing how the situation played out in the end for George Floyd.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This neck-kneeling thing was (at the time) an approved method for detaining and subduing uncooperative people getting arrested. So, I think that clears up any intent issues. Chauvin is a nineteen year police veteran, he’s likely done this move dozens of times without issue in his career.

Where he focked up was in doing it on a man already complaining about breathing issues before he had even started. Floyd had underlying issues: he was drugged up, had Covid and a weak heart. Chauvin can see he’s under the influence of drugs, but the rest he wouldn’t know. The pleading for air was the telltale sign and he ignored it. How in the hell are you going to think that kneeling on the neck of a guy already complaining that he can’t breathe is a good idea? He needed a Plan B.

Then the stress of the situation and the kneeling exacerbated his problems. Chauvin then continuing to hold the position for nine minutes as the man was crying out for air, without showing any regard for the man. The scene made for an incredibly disturbing and emotionally heartbreaking video, especially knowing how the situation played out in the end for George Floyd.

I don’t disagree with this philosophically, but my question is:  is the prosecution presenting witnesses who attest to his actions being excessive?  And by witnesses I mean actual experts, not a guy who takes MMA classes.

4 hours ago, joneo said:

I can't wait for all the athletes to show their disdain for injustice.  Maybe they should asphyxiate themselves for 9 minutes as a show of solidarity.  

Now it's moved over to the US Olympic teams. They are going to show their hatred of America to the world. 

U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee to allow raised fists, kneeling during anthem at trials

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee will not sanction athletes for raising their fists or kneeling during the national anthem at Olympic trials, previewing a contentious policy it expects to stick to when many of those same athletes head to Tokyo this summer.

many U.S. athletes have spearheaded the call for more freedom in using their platform at the Olympics to advance social justice causes. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/03/30/us-olympic-trials-raised-fists-kneeling-anthem-allowed/4805423001/

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don’t disagree with this philosophically, but my question is:  is the prosecution presenting witnesses who attest to his actions being excessive?  And by witnesses I mean actual experts, not a guy who takes MMA classes.

I dunno. I can't answer that as I only get the highlights, I don't follow it as closely as I would were I stateside. It's an important trial given the events of last summer it sparked and the massive news coverage it gets, so it has great social, cultural, and historical significance. We'll be talking about it and it's ramifications for years, I recognize that will happen even though I don't think it should be the case, so I follow what I can. IMO this is going to be a lose/lose trial no matter what happens.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

His other problem he didn't identify was having Floyd in a prone position while cuffed.  People have been known to die in custody from positional asphyxia without a knee in the neck or Fentanyl. 

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

His other problem he didn't identify was having Floyd in a prone position while cuffed.  People have been known to die in custody from positional asphyxia without a knee in the neck or Fentanyl. 

Good to know, but I’ve never run into this with the GC wives. I could probably be an expert for the prosecution.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Now it's moved over to the US Olympic teams. They are going to show their hatred of America to the world. 

U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee to allow raised fists, kneeling during anthem at trials

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee will not sanction athletes for raising their fists or kneeling during the national anthem at Olympic trials, previewing a contentious policy it expects to stick to when many of those same athletes head to Tokyo this summer.

many U.S. athletes have spearheaded the call for more freedom in using their platform at the Olympics to advance social justice causes. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/03/30/us-olympic-trials-raised-fists-kneeling-anthem-allowed/4805423001/

These teams should be instantly disbanded if they do that.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Does it count as a boycott if I never watched the Olympics previously?