joneo

***Official Chauvin Trial Thread***

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Now it's moved over to the US Olympic teams. They are going to show their hatred of America to the world. 

U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee to allow raised fists, kneeling during anthem at trials

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee will not sanction athletes for raising their fists or kneeling during the national anthem at Olympic trials, previewing a contentious policy it expects to stick to when many of those same athletes head to Tokyo this summer.

many U.S. athletes have spearheaded the call for more freedom in using their platform at the Olympics to advance social justice causes. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/03/30/us-olympic-trials-raised-fists-kneeling-anthem-allowed/4805423001/

Is this in protest of the way blacks are treating Asians?

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Does it count as a boycott if I never watched the Olympics previously?

yes

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Is this in protest of the way blacks are treating Asians?

No. They aren't to be mentioned at all.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

This neck-kneeling thing was (at the time) an approved method for detaining and subduing uncooperative people getting arrested. So, I think that clears up any intent issues. Chauvin is a nineteen year police veteran, he’s likely done this move dozens of times without issue in his career.

Where he focked up was in doing it on a man already complaining about breathing issues before he had even started. Floyd had underlying issues: he was drugged up, had Covid and a weak heart. Chauvin can see he’s under the influence of drugs, but the rest he wouldn’t know. The pleading for air was the telltale sign and he ignored it. How in the hell are you going to think that kneeling on the neck of a guy already complaining that he can’t breathe is a good idea? He needed a Plan B.

Then the stress of the situation and the kneeling exacerbated his problems. Chauvin then continuing to hold the position for nine minutes as the man was crying out for air, without showing any regard for the man. The scene made for an incredibly disturbing and emotionally heartbreaking video, especially knowing how the situation played out in the end for George Floyd.

but the guy was saying he couldn't breathe before they even tried putting him in the police car.

45 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

but the guy was saying he couldn't breathe before they even tried putting him in the police car.

Liberals don't think people lie ( not calling you a liberal voltaire) but your falling for things that don't matter. 

The criminal died because he OD on his drug of choice.

The world is a better place with him dead 

Chauvin did a public service that benefits society and gets punished. Hope the guy who attacked the Asian lady who was on parole for stabbing his mother to death 20yrs ago gets worse.

43 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Chauvin did a public service that benefits society and gets punished. Hope the guy who attacked the Asian lady who was on parole for stabbing his mother to death 20yrs ago gets worse.

He was a good boy and should get a state funeral and his "loved ones" a public forum to talk about what an amazing person he is.

2 hours ago, porkbutt said:

Well that's my entire point. He was already having trouble breathing, they knew this because he told them repeatedly and it was the excuse he used for not getting in the car. The reason he said he had breathing problems was because he really, truly was having breathing problems. From there, they didn't take his claim seriously, and chose a method of detaining him that was highly likely to exacerbate his breathing problems. Which it did, what chance Floyd had to recover diminished to the point that they accidentally snuffed him out. 

As for others, I don't disagree about our most revered and respected St. George, whose murals to his great sacrifice now replace all the George Washington and Thomas Jefferson statues our stupid, upside-down society sees fit to being taken down. Whereas GW and TJ had one apparently unforgivable flaw to stain and eliminate their lifetime achievement, George Floyd's entire life was a series of flaws as he was an overall blot on society. George Floyd was a career criminal, a menace to his community, a net negative, and we're better off without people like him around. He should still be alive and in prison for what he and his crew had done to that pregnant woman. He was a turd regurgitated from life's clogged toilet.

It's not about Floyd or what he deserved. He got a light sentence and did his time and was back on the streets. At minimum, he's a human being who deserves some dignity and respect. Now, when somebody resists arrest, some semblance of that dignity and respect goes out the window as police have to use not-pretty ways to engage them in a hands-on manner. But when they are having breathing difficulties, you need to use Plan B. Other big city police forces don't use this method. Detroit police banned this method and don't roll your eyes at "Detroit Police", this is James Craig's Detroit police force, not William Hart's. Hart is long dead as is his cr@ptastic mayor who together presided over the collapse of the city. I'll vouch for Craig as an excellent cop because Detroit protests have all been kept under control and BLM hates his guts and complains about him all the time. When Chauvin/Floyd hit the fan, Chief Craig told the press that his force does not use the kneeling technique for this very reason.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Well that's my entire point. He was already having trouble breathing, they knew this because he told them repeatedly and it was the excuse he used for not getting in the car. The reason he said he had breathing problems was because he really, truly was having breathing problems. From there, they didn't take his claim seriously, and chose a method of detaining him that was highly likely to exacerbate his breathing problems. Which it did, what chance Floyd had to recover diminished to the point that they accidentally snuffed him out. 

As for others, I don't disagree about our most revered and respected St. George, whose murals to his great sacrifice now replace all the George Washington and Thomas Jefferson statues our stupid, upside-down society sees fit to being taken down. Whereas GW and TJ had one apparently unforgivable flaw to stain and eliminate their lifetime achievement, George Floyd's entire life was a series of flaws as he was an overall blot on society. George Floyd was a career criminal, a menace to his community, a net negative, and we're better off without people like him around. He should still be alive and in prison for what he and his crew had done to that pregnant woman. He was a turd regurgitated from life's clogged toilet.

It's not about Floyd or what he deserved. He got a light sentence and did his time and was back on the streets. At minimum, he's a human being who deserves some dignity and respect. Now, when somebody resists arrest, some semblance of that dignity and respect goes out the window as police have to use not-pretty ways to engage them in a hands-on manner. But when they are having breathing difficulties, you need to use Plan B. Other big city police forces don't use this method. Detroit police banned this method and don't roll your eyes at "Detroit Police", this is James Craig's Detroit police force, not William Hart's. Hart is long dead as is his cr@ptastic mayor who together presided over the collapse of the city. I'll vouch for Craig as an excellent cop because Detroit protests have all been kept under control and BLM hates his guts and complains about him all the time. When Chauvin/Floyd hit the fan, Chief Craig told the press that his force does not use the kneeling technique for this very reason.

I can't breathe. Don't arrest me for fighting against you. If I die, it's your fault.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I can't breathe. Don't arrest me for fighting against you. If I die, it's your fault.

Only sentences one and three. The guy was passing counterfeit money. I could be wrong on this but I don't think he had a printing press at home, I think more likely he got fooled/stiffed by somebody and was trying to fool/stiff somebody else. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Only sentences one and three. The guy was passing counterfeit money. I could be wrong on this but I don't think he had a printing press at home, I think more likely he got fooled/stiffed by somebody and was trying to fool/stiff somebody else. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I don’t care if the issue was jaywalking.  If you do not abide the LEO’s rules and resist arrest there may be unintended consequences.

What a joke.  I’m amazed the gymnastics the media is using to paint George Floyd as a martyr.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/04/03/derek-chauvin-trial-highlights-george-floyds-opioid-drug-addiction/4842554001/

As the COVID-19 pandemic spread across the United States, Floyd, the father of two young daughters, started using again during a dark time: he lost his job as a nightclub security guard because of quarantine shutdowns, he was hospitalized for several days after an overdose, he found out he had the coronavirus. On the day he died, his neck trapped under the knee of former Minnesota police officer Derek Chauvin for more than nine minutes, he had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system, toxicology reports later showed.

18 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What a joke.  I’m amazed the gymnastics the media is using to paint George Floyd as a martyr.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/04/03/derek-chauvin-trial-highlights-george-floyds-opioid-drug-addiction/4842554001/

So what if he lost his job? The stimulus and unemployment were in full force by the time he OD’d.  Unreal.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Yeah they try. Such a dark time losing his job as a bouncer during a time when the government is stealing from the employed and giving to the drug addled uneducated.

But basically what I take away from this is some dude that has been a meth head for years and no quality financial outlook in site, decided to bring a couple kids into the world while he kept doing meth. His kids are better off without him.  

57 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah they try. Such a dark time losing his job as a bouncer during a time when the government is stealing from the employed and giving to the drug addled uneducated.

But basically what I take away from this is some dude that has been a meth head for years and no quality financial outlook in site, decided to bring a couple kids into the world while he kept doing meth. His kids are better off without him.  

I honestly have no idea if he was a good or even participating father, but his family has 27M reasons they are better off without him.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I think there is truth in opioids being more of a middle and upper class problem than many other drugs, and as such it got a different treatment from the system.  However, the article does the typical liberal logical fallacy of conflating poverty and skin color, when it fits their narrative of course.  People didn’t care as much about meth for instance because it was mostly poor people doing it, be they from Appalachia or Watts.  But, blacks tend to be disproportionately poor so they make the logically poor leap to saying it is systemic racism, vs. systemic economic disparity which is a real thing.

There is also a not so subtle dash of “how dare you blame poor defenseless drug addicted George” for having drugs in his system, you evil defense attorney you!

I hope they are keeping the jury socially distanced.

If they are not sure about the distance, just drag 'ole George's corpse in, and have people stay apart the distance from his skull to his feets.

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Crap, I missed the 1 year anniversary of George’s sobriety.

No you didn’t. It’s in May

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I think there is truth in opioids being more of a middle and upper class problem than many other drugs, and as such it got a different treatment from the system.  However, the article does the typical liberal logical fallacy of conflating poverty and skin color, when it fits their narrative of course.  People didn’t care as much about meth for instance because it was mostly poor people doing it, be they from Appalachia or Watts.  But, blacks tend to be disproportionately poor so they make the logically poor leap to saying it is systemic racism, vs. systemic economic disparity which is a real thing.

There is also a not so subtle dash of “how dare you blame poor defenseless drug addicted George” for having drugs in his system, you evil defense attorney you!

It’s legal to murder people that do drugs? What is this, the Philippines?

And I love it that you completely ignore the impact that segregation had on the financial situation of black people, acting like it’s just some weird coincidence that such a high percentage of black people live in poverty. Because we all know that after one generation, poor families suddenly jump up into the middle class, right? Come on man…

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So he knew he had covid when he went to the store?

Who cares? The dude held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly. Best for everyone that he is gone.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And I love it that you completely ignore the impact that segregation had on the financial situation of black people, acting like it’s just some weird coincidence that such a high percentage of black people live in poverty. Because we all know that after one generation, poor families suddenly jump up into the middle class, right? Come on man…

The dude held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly. 

If the knee doesn't fit, you must acquit.  I just don't see how this is going get to beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Is English your first language?  Where did you get that I said it’s legal to murder people that do drugs?  You may have heard that Floyd had enough fentanyl in his system to kill a horse.  I’m not a lawyer, but a defense attorney may call that a “defense.”  I hate to go all legal jargon on you, but hopefully you can follow it.  Seems like you’ve already convicted him though, being all open minded and all.

Nice red herring on the segregation.  Blacks were segregated long before LBJ and your democrat cronies started “helping” them.  Asians were segregated as well, in concentration camps for a spell. Still live among themselves in many areas.  I do agree that changes in many cases will take a generation or two.  I’m all ears on things like school choice and providing transportation to such schools.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

America's black poverty rate is 19% (admittedly higher than other races). Everyone seems to wrongly think that 50% or more of black Americans are poor scumbags/criminals living on welfare. 

The truth is the vast majority of blacks are honest hard-working Americans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

I'm white. I lived at what was considered poverty based income for a few years. I lived on my own. Not at mommy's and daddy's. 

There were a few years where I probably made about $15,000 a year. Somehow, I made the smart choice not to have kids unlike what poor black people do on a daily basis at the age of 22. I lived as I liked and had no debt built up and was happy as hell. Then I started making more money working 2 jobs, and then getting into my first career that I had been working on and started making a decent living. Then, making more as time went on. Then at one point, I went back to school for a different career and paid for all of it myself, and started making good cash after about 3 years in a new company. Then it got better as I got older. And now it's awesome!!

Fock poverty. Go fix it for yourself as an individual. Stop having kids until you can afford them. Stop resorting to violence over the tougher road of education and drive. Stop hurting people and take responsibility for your own actions in life. Plenty of black people have done it, just not the ones they now idolize like long gone George Floyd.

I haven't watched any of this reverse OJ trial

what's the score?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Yeah, that’s the take.

Sorry I can’t tell if you are just answering my question or if you’re being sarcastic and implying I should care more about his drug use?

Obviously I don’t think knowingly going out with covid means it’s okay he’s dead (although cdub would probably say I think that), but if he didn’t he might still be alive.

12 hours ago, Fireballer said:

If the knee doesn't fit, you must acquit.  I just don't see how this is going get to beyond a reasonable doubt.

guy had covid, was taking pills he didn't even know what they were, seemed to me that the doctor yesterday admitted that the drugs in his body could have had caused problems, and now looks like knee wasn't even on neck. like was said earlier, seems the state is relying on feelings of witnesses while defense is providing facts.

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Just picked up some more ammo today.  It’s coming.

Gonna be worse than LA riots and BLM 2020 combined.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Sure is.  Every media outlet already has Chauvin convicted.  The table is set, anything but a guilty of murder charge and riots will ensue.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I enjoy watching the liberals crack, but the amount of violence they cause needs to be dealt with severely from top down. 

45 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Interesting, thanks for the link.  So the drug dealer’s attorney says he will plead the fifth (seems prudent).  The prosecution doesn’t want him up on the stand pleading the fifth because it looks bad.  Oops wait, he lied and said his “dog in the fight” is wanting a fair trial for Chauvin.  Bull.  

Also if they were in a Mercedes SUV, why does the drug dealer need a public defender?  :dunno: