Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Covid testing gone wrong?

I told you guys last week I had a couple days I couldn't get out of bed was pretty tired. That was Tue/Wed

Thursday I got a deep nasal swab test - Result back today NEGATIVE (I was also tested the Thursday before)

Brought my son to get tested yesterday, Friday. They did the swab and the result came back POSITIVE

The entire city and school has been placed on alert. I am having some serious doubts about his result. 

I am going back today to get another nasal swab test.

How can this be possible?

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I told you guys last week I had a couple days I couldn't get out of bed was pretty tired. That was Tue/Wed

Thursday I got a deep nasal swab test - Result back today NEGATIVE (I was also tested the Thursday before)

Brought my son to get tested yesterday, Friday. They did the swab and the result came back POSITIVE

The entire city and school has been placed on alert. I am having some serious doubts about his result. 

I am going back today to get another nasal swab test.

How can this be possible?

Maybe you have a sexy nose and the nurse has the hots for you? :dunno:

Seriously who knows. There is no logic behind this shlt.

The test isn’t always accurate. But don’t tell Tim that. 

Test him again if you’re in doubt. Is he even sick?

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

If anyone should get the Chinese anal test it’s you. 
No false positive there

:doublethumbsup:

41 minutes ago, nospk said:

Test him again if you’re in doubt. Is he even sick?

No and neither am I. BUT his mother can't smell or taste, but that is all her symptoms. I am going to get it done because it's independent and they send me the results.  For him it's done by someone and the results aren't sent to his parents, they are sent to his doctor and then he calls us

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

No and neither am I. BUT his mother can't smell or taste, but that is all her symptoms. I am going to get it done because it's independent and they send me the results.  For him it's done by someone and the results aren't sent to his parents, they are sent to his doctor and then he calls us

She definitely has it...your son is just a symptomatic like many others have been.

21 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

She definitely has it...your son is just a symptomatic like many others have been.

And me? how was I negative?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

And me? how was I negative?

Probably didn’t get it...or the test was wrong.

I got it back in late May. I was around my wife/kids when I had it. They had no symptoms. Didn’t get tested because back then they told everyone to quarantine for 14 days or like 7 days after your symptoms were gone. We all quarantined for 14 days and that was it. I lost my sense of smell and taste. Was a bit fatigued for 2 days. Then was fine. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The test isn’t always accurate. But don’t tell Tim that. 

I don’t think I’ve really commented on false negatives (which could be the case here, not a false positive).  I have stated that it’s possible positive tests are picking up people that HAD it but maybe don’t truly have it right now (thus while they may not be actively contagious they should still be counted as a “case”)

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think I’ve really commented on false negatives (which could be the case here, not a false positive).  I have stated that it’s possible positive tests are picking up people that HAD it but maybe don’t truly have it right now (thus while they may not be actively contagious they should still be counted as a “case”)

Haven’t they changed the methodology of the test? It’s now a higher level or something for a positive? 

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

Probably didn’t get it...or the test was wrong.

I got it back in late May. I was around my wife/kids when I had it. They had no symptoms. Didn’t get tested because back then they told everyone to quarantine for 14 days or like 7 days after your symptoms were gone. We all quarantined for 14 days and that was it. I lost my sense of smell and taste. Was a bit fatigued for 2 days. Then was fine. 

Are ya O blood type?

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Haven’t they changed the methodology of the test? It’s now a higher level or something for a positive? 

No.  There was an old “notice” being shared claiming that high cycle levels led to false positives, but it was really just to make sure people were actually performing the test correctly.  And even if anything was changed, it would be to make it lower, not higher.  Supposedly Kansas may have lowered theirs slightly, but that’s the only one I’ve seen.

Although sorry I did just see that ed tested negative twice.   It’s certainly possible the mom and kid got it, but you didn’t.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I don’t know.

I'll guess that you are or at worst A. Doubt that you are B.

Dude...they swabbed you for ghonorrea...glad its negative.  They swab your nose for covid...not your peemus

21 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Dude...they swabbed you for ghonorrea...glad its negative.  They swab your nose for covid...not your peemus

They were probably collecting some DNA for some old cold cases. 

• Haha 1

testing is a joke. literally every case ive seen at work has some type of positive then negative story. half a family tests negative and other positive. all with same symptoms🙄🙄

On 2/28/2021 at 4:05 AM, edjr said:

To be fair, his mother never had taste. I mean, she focked you... 

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Winner.  

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We were all thinking it. 

:d

Should get the results back today from the 2nd test.

results back. Negative.  for 2nd time.  Went and got tested with the lady, same car, same time. Hers came back positive.

I must have Type O blood, aka the devils blood

15 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I can confirm that she's lacking her sense of smell.  She didn't say anything when I gave her a golden shower after having asparagus with dinner.  She just enjoyed it as usual. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

I can confirm that she's lacking her sense of smell.  She didn't say anything when I gave her a golden shower after having asparagus with dinner.  She just enjoyed it as usual. :dunno:

I didn't remember having asparagus. 

went the whole year missing only a couple days work and get the covids now. son got it first. rip me?

53 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

went the whole year missing only a couple days work and get the covids now. son got it first. rip me?

Yep.

45 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yep.

anyone got any experiences?? who beat it here?

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

anyone got any experiences?? who beat it here?

I beat it. Only symptoms were loss of sense of smell and taste for 4 days or so and a little tired for about a day and a half.