Torn

2021 Keeper Sheet and Declarations

Here is a link to the updated Keeper Sheet for the 2021 season. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wGCT9gBrKxdCrTfo_4JWC74SyPBmPpJExtfBysDZfpQ/edit?usp=sharing

This shows your final roster from last season. Keepers heading into last season have had their service years and round frozen to be the same as last year. All other eligible keepers have had their round value increased by 3 per standard rules. The "Keeper Yrs Used" column indicates the amount of years already kept on top of draft year. If the number is 2, this is the final year you can keep the player. Any players with a blank in the "Keeper Rd" column are ineligible as keepers. Also remember that you do not need to keep 6, that's just the maximum and keeping fewer or none is also an option. 

Also keep in mind that the 6 keeper limit is for 2021 ONLY. We will revert to 5 keepers again in 2022. We added the extra 1 to allow managers to hold on to their existing keeper group plus grab one guy drafted from the shortened 2020 season who really popped for the manager (if desired).

The Keeper Value column represents the round of the draft you will need to give up to retain the player. 

Please declare your keepers in this thread and be sure to mark them as tentative or final. The deadline for keeper declaration will be Friday, March 12 by 6PM ET. 

If you have not finalized keepers by that time, your tentative list will be used. If more than 6 are on the tentative list, the first 6 will be used. If no keeper list has been defined, no-one will be kept. 

Herndon Hitmen Keepers

Corey Seager - 3
Marcell Ozuna - 8
Yasmani Grandal  - 14
Trey Mancini - 20
Alec Bohm - 27

Final List:

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. OF 7
Sandy Alcantara P 25
Eugenio Suarez 3B 13
Trent Grisham OF 18
Jose Berrios P 20
Alex Verdugo OF 23

2 Balls 1 Bat - Final

Blake Snell - 8

Austin Meadows - 11

Wander Franco - 19

Fernando Tatis Jr - 20

Wil Myers - 23

Sixto Sanchez - 27

26 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

2 Balls 1 Bat - Tentative

Blake Snell - 8

Austin Meadows - 11

Wander Franco - 19

Fernando Tatis Jr - 20

Wil Myers - 23

Sixto Sanchez - 27

Just because you have the Rays in Homers doesn't mean you are required to take them here as well...

;)

Torn / Green Monsters Keepers - final, unless one of them breaks or tears something before 6pm tomorrow

Ronald Acuna - 4  (1, but will be ineligible next season due to him moving into the first 5 rounds) 

Cody Bellinger - 14 (2, final year)

Walker Buehler - 19 (1, 2nd keeper year)

Eduardo Rodriguez - 20 (1, 2nd keeper year)

Gio Urshela - 23 (0, first keeper year)

Jorge Soler - 24 (0, first keeper year)

52 minutes ago, posty said:

Just because you have the Rays in Homers doesn't mean you are required to take them here as well...

;)

lol it just oddly worked out that I have rays and former rays keepers here

I think I've figured this out but if I've screwed up the rounds at all let me know.

Keepers as of now:

Torres 8 (can be kept 1 additional year)

Vlad 17 (1)

Hand 17 (last year - no additional keeper years)

Laureano 19 (2)

Kelenic 25 (2)

Soroka 27 (2)

Warhawks keeper list:

S.Bieber (5)

E. Jimenez (15)

R. Devers (8)

R. Mountcastle (17)

C. Paddack (17)

L. Voit (18)

39 minutes ago, posty said:

@strombn, thanks for cutting Bohm last season...  It at least gave me some worthwhile keepers...

As a Phillies fan, I do regret that one.

**THIS IS NO LONGER TENTATIVE, CONFIRMED KEEPERS AND THE ROUNDS BEING KEPT**

Pete Alonso 13th Round.

James Karinchak 23rd Round

German Marquez 22nd Round.

Aaron Civale also 22nd Round (I have two picks in that round, ...via Kysar trade)

Kirby Yates 21st Round.

Cavan Biggio 7th Round.

Note to ISOTOPE: Gallen IS NOW available to you as a 6th round keeper. I hope I don't regret that.

Tentative list of who I am keeping.  I believe all of these are first year keepers.  

Dinelson Lamet 22

Kyler Tucker 16

Lance McCullers 17

Michael Kopech 15

Shohei Ohtani (SP) 18

Luis Severino 18

Alternate in case of injury but lets be honest Haniger will foul a ball off his own nuts and be out for the year: 

Mitch Haniger 12

My tentative list so far...

DJ LeMahieu 21 (I look forward to the value, but not having to spell his last name constantly)

AJ Pollock 20

Willson Contreras 5

Jon Berti 25

Chris Sale 10

However, how does the "new guy" perk work exactly? Will I need to declare six from my staff with the intention of replacing up to three from the pool in that extra day?

9 minutes ago, Isotope said:

My tentative list so far...

DJ LeMahieu 21 (I look forward to the value, but not having to spell his last name constantly)

AJ Pollock 20

Willson Contreras 5

Jon Berti 25

Chris Sale 10

However, how does the "new guy" perk work exactly? Will I need to declare six from my staff with the intention of replacing up to three from the pool in that extra day?

You don't have to do anything like that if you don't want to...  But I would think you would just declare your keepers with the assumption that you will keep all six (if that is how many you have done), then after keepers are declared you can look at the cast-offs and see if there are up to three others that you like...  If you only see one, you swap it out...  If you want to stay with your six, stay...

That is my assumption, but I will let commish torn chime in...

1 hour ago, posty said:

You don't have to do anything like that if you don't want to...  But I would think you would just declare your keepers with the assumption that you will keep all six (if that is how many you have done), then after keepers are declared you can look at the cast-offs and see if there are up to three others that you like...  If you only see one, you swap it out...  If you want to stay with your six, stay...

That is my assumption, but I will let commish torn chime in...

Correct - once the other 11 teams lock in their keepers (Mar 12), you can look over the keeper sheet and pick up to 3 guys who are still available as additional or replacement keepers, but no more than 6 total keepers for your team. Any player you take from the "leftovers" will come to you with the same round value and service years as listed in the sheet. You'll need to be careful if you overlap rounds when you do so - i.e. you can pick 2 new keepers with a 15th round value if you only have 1 pick in that round, but you'd also have to give up your 14th rounder to keep both.

You can have up to 6 total, but do not have to have 6, so don't feel obligated to declare 6 from your current team (or when using the perk) if you don't see value in doing so.

@posty and @Torn, thank you for the clarification! I will stick with the 5 I have currently listed and see what comes out of the wash on the 3/12.

29 minutes ago, Torn said:

Correct - once the other 11 teams lock in their keepers (Mar 12), you can look over the keeper sheet and pick up to 3 guys who are still available as additional or replacement keepers. Any player you take from the "leftovers" will come to you with the same round value and service years as listed in the sheet. You'll need to be careful if you overlap rounds when you do so - i.e. you can pick 2 new keepers with a 15th round value if you only have 1 pick in that round, but you'd also have to give up your 14th rounder to keep both.

You can have up to 6 total, but do not have to have 6, so don't feel obligated to declare 6 from your current team (or when using the perk) if you don't see value in doing so.

As I read this with "additional or replacement" he could keep 6 and then add 3 more from the scrap heap pile.  I am fine with that if that is what you mean but do you mean he can keep a total of 6 or a total of 9?  

1 minute ago, TalentScout said:

As I read this with "additional or replacement" he could keep 6 and then add 3 more from the scrap heap pile.  I am fine with that if that is what you mean but do you mean he can keep a total of 6 or a total of 9?  

Six tops...  If he kept six from his original roster but then looked at the ones not kept that were eligible and found three that he liked, he would have to trim his list to three to add the new three...

18 minutes ago, posty said:

Six tops...  If he kept six from his original roster but then looked at the ones not kept that were eligible and found three that he liked, he would have to trim his list to three to add the new three...

What he said... 🙂

Summertinkerers Final List

Micheal Conforto - 5

Brandon Woodruff - 19

Bo Bichette - 20

Jeff McNeil - 21

Rafael Montero - 22

Andrew Vaughn - 27

Max Fried 6

Drew Pomeranz 11

Brandon Lowe 13

Aaron Bummer 16

Taylor Rogers 22

Marcus Semien 25

I'm really looking forward to seeing who is left over and I can swap some out...

2 minutes ago, vargavpugh said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing who is left over and I can swap some out...

This only applies to Isotope, the new manager. None of the rest of us can do swap outs.

• Sad 1

Keepers are now locked in for all but Isotope - I have informed him that he can now review the leftovers and finalize his keepers.

Once he does that, I will get the draft sheet and league site ready for the draft!

Alright, I think I've made a decision:

Zac Gallen (6)*

Dansby Swanson (16)*

AJ Pollock (20)

DJ LeMahieu (21)

Jon Berti (25)

Nick Madrigal (27)*

The asterisks are players from the leftover pool. And @Ghost96 I couldn't pass up Gallen...sorry!

Awesome - I'll get to work on the updates and hope to be ready to go within the next 2-3 hours

Keeper sheet is now updated and closed for the season