Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: NFL Mock Draft Version 4.0

Nice job overall,  agree with the logic of many of the picks, especially with no trades. That being said for the Giants Micah Parsons is the fall back if Devonta Smith, and Waddle (and Pitts of course), are already off the board. They have too much invested in finding out if DJ is legit, to pass on either one of those receivers...

Pretty decent mock with analysis and no trades. I agree that the top 4 rated QB's will be gone by the 8th pick. I'm gonna throw a little wrinkle in to it with my 49ers trading their #12 pick and whatever else they add to it to jump ahead of the Panthers at #8, figuring they'd want the last of the top 4 QB's, and San Fran takes QB Trey Lance with the #7 pick from Detroit. If Lance is gone I'm sure they'd consider Justin Fields. Not sure what or when they'll decide on Garoppolo's situation but being a lifelong 49ers fan I truly believe they'll move up to get one of those rookie QB's. Overall I'd give Justin a pretty good grade on his mock. Nice job.

42 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

We're now post MIA-SF-PHI trades so here's an update -  Version 2.0.

The Broncos have two picks at 9 on here. Gregory Rousseau and Patrick Surtain. I take it the correct pick is Rousseau since the Cowboys take Surtain with the next pick.

Other than that, looks good.

It's kind of a mystery as to who the 49ers wants, and I think you got it, Trey Lance.

55 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The Broncos have two picks at 9 on here. Gregory Rousseau and Patrick Surtain. I take it the correct pick is Rousseau since the Cowboys take Surtain with the next pick.

Other than that, looks good.

Oopsie. Good catch polecatt. I forgot to remove Surtain from the previous version. Should be fixed now.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, DocNiner said:

Pretty decent mock with analysis and no trades. I agree that the top 4 rated QB's will be gone by the 8th pick. I'm gonna throw a little wrinkle in to it with my 49ers trading their #12 pick and whatever else they add to it to jump ahead of the Panthers at #8, figuring they'd want the last of the top 4 QB's, and San Fran takes QB Trey Lance with the #7 pick from Detroit. If Lance is gone I'm sure they'd consider Justin Fields. Not sure what or when they'll decide on Garoppolo's situation but being a lifelong 49ers fan I truly believe they'll move up to get one of those rookie QB's. Overall I'd give Justin a pretty good grade on his mock. Nice job.

My previous post I said the 49ers would trade up to get one of the rookie QB's. Correct there, just.didn't know they'd jump up to #3. Awesome. I also previously said they'd take Lance and I stand by that pick. Yet I wouldn't be unhappy with Fields. Just don't want Mac Jones. Too much similarity to Garoppolo. Don't think Jones has the IT/WOW factor that Lance or Fields have. Plus they say Jones has high football IQ/ INTELLIGENCE and is a cerebral player. That kinda sounds also like what they said about Alex Smith when we too him at #1 when we could have had Aaron Rodgers. THAT didn't turn out so well for us so I hope they don't make THAT mistake twice by taking Jones.