2021 Draft Discussion...

Think the round 9 & 10 thread got a little funked up here, it's showing rounds 8 & 9.  🤔

2 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Think the round 9 & 10 thread got a little funked up here, it's showing rounds 8 & 9.  🤔

I have no idea what you are talking about...  ;)

:first:

Just realized the No Rays of Hope are done ✅ 

• Haha 2

May my 11 balls be kind :unsure:

26 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

May my 11 balls be kind :unsure:

I think you should go see a doctor about that...

• Haha 1

One of the first years in a long time I actually feel like going into the sup draft I already have a fieldable team.

C - Danny Jansen, Yan Gomes.  Solid 1-2 or 2-1.  Both are regular starters and while they won't tear the cover off the ball at least I know I should get stats from the position.

1B - Vlad Guerrero. (couple waiver options).  If he plays like he can, great.  But I might be missing some of that corner power.  Will have to see how the balls fall for the sup.

2B - Cavan Biggio, Jon Berti, (eventually Marcus Semien).  I'm more than happy with that trio for any second.

3B - Cavan Biggio, Geo Urshela (Vlad if Yahoo is indeed using 2019).  Again, good trio of options.

SS - Bo Bichette, Marcus Semien.  If Semien returns to form from 2019 and Bichette keeps the top of the order this could get tricky playing the INF.

OF - George Springer, Teo Hernandez, Lourdes Gurriel, Anthony Alford, Cavan Biggio.  Little weak, little worried.  Never seem to have too many options here for actual offensive production so we'll have to wait and see.  Just hoping for playing time and health to play out to see what I have.

SP - Hyun Jin Ryu, Robbie Ray, Matt Boyd, Brett Anderson, Tanner Roark, JA Happ, Aaron Sanchez.  All should be starters on their teams.  Also Ross Stripling and Aaron Sanchez should at least begin the season in the rotation.  8 guys. No real #1's but some inning eaters and a few strikeout and win potential.  Nate Pearson should return soon enough to make 9 with good prospect

RP - Liam Hendriks and Anthony Bass are both starting as closers.

RP cont - Kendall Graveman,  Jordan Romano, Rafael Dolis should all factor into holds with setup roles.  Still lots of options on waivers here too that I'll have to mix and match.

Things are looking to be slow at the "office" tomorrow, so I should be able to start entering rosters then...  I will create a new thread and update it when teams are finished so you all can double-check them...

• Like 1

I’m pretty happy with my team at this point too.  Lots of great exclusives helped. 

C- Molina, Carson Kelly. — Kelly is on his way to an elite hitting catcher. Molina still very serviceable. 

1B - Goldschmidt,  Voit (Matt Carpenter). — Voit will be my UTI.  Carp eligible at 1st,2nd, 3rd 

2B— Wong, Edman, (Carp) Both starters. Edman eligible at 2nd, SS, 3rd and OF 

SS— DeJong, Edman.  — DeJong had 30’HR in 2019 

3B — Arenado, Edman, Carpenter 

OF — Piscotty, Pham, Grichuk, Carlson — a slew of exclusive Cardinals.  Carlson batting 2nd in front of Goldy and Arenado could make him ROY. 

Pitching — Flahsrty, Gonzales, Weaver, Alcantara all potential #1’s for their teams. A bunch of other players to start.  Hicks and Rosenthal as closers.  Quality depth at the reliever position for holds and innings. 

fully expect an outbreak of something to render this team inactive for multiple weeks again.  

23 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I’m pretty happy with my team at this point too.  Lots of great exclusives helped

OF — Piscotty, Pham, Grichuk, Carlson — a slew of exclusive Cardinals.  Carlson batting 2nd in front of Goldy and Arenado could make him ROY. 

Did you leave out Arozarena just to piss me off more? 😆 

17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Did you leave out Arozarena just to piss me off more? 😆 

Did it work??  Lol

It ain’t pretty

C - Zunino, Mejia (Vogt) - Mejia has promise but this group is going to be just a body at the position each day hoping for a big day here or there. 

1B - Choi - yeah that’s right. I drafted him super late.... Diaz also has 1B eligibility but this is going to be more Rays mix and match. 

2B - Lowe - don’t know what to make of him. Streaky as hell but might be one of my top offensive weapons. 

SS - Adames, Franco - hoping Franco forces the Rays hand into an early call up. Adames still has tons of potential. Would love to see them each at short and 2nd and move Lowe to 1st and utilize a more set lineup. 

3B - Longoria, Diaz - ole faithful Longo. Diaz is good depth and the Rays have some other exclusives that can slide in here. 

OF - Meadows, Kiermaier, Dickerson, Margot - another hot mess. Meadows looks to be back and Margot should get enough playing time to make him useable but as much of a Kiermaier fan as I am, defensive doesn’t count  

SP - Snell, Morton, Glasnow, Eovaldi, Yarbrough, Archer, Smyly, Wacha, Moore - the only group I’m happy with. Not only am I deep here but I have some top end talent in Snell, Morton, Glasnow and possibly Eovaldi is healthy. Also love that I’m not just relying on the Rays rotation as has sometimes been the case in past seasons. Really excited about Wacha with our pitching coaches and watch out for Moore after his year in Japan. 

RP - Anderson, Castillo, Colome, Romo, McGee - and other arms in Tampa... no set closer here but I expect 4 of the 5 named guys to get save chances for their teams (Rays, Twins, Giants) and holds when not closing. It’s not as strong a bullpen as I’ve had in the past but should be serviceable and deep. 

If anyone would like to pick later in the first and earlier in the second let me know. More than willing to swap draft slots for the supplemental 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

If anyone would like to pick later in the first and earlier in the second let me know. More than willing to swap draft slots for the supplemental 

On 3/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, 29 Guests said:

Yeah I'm game

3 minutes ago, 29 Guests said:

Trying to move up into the top few picks... I’ll let you know :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Trying to move up into the top few picks... I’ll let you know :thumbsup:

I would might entertain this but I'd kind of want to see who's out there first.  :thumbsup:

I have the fourth pick.  :ninja:

Just now, bbascom said:

@Mookz

10.11 -- Mookz (Orioles) -- Nick Markakis, OF, ATL

He just announced his retirement FYI. 

Haha I know, I saw that.  :doh:

Since I drafted them, Markakis has retired, Britton had elbow surgery, and Miley strained his hamstring.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Haha I know, I saw that.  :doh:

Since I drafted them, Markakis has retired, Britton had elbow surgery, and Miley strained his hamstring.  :rolleyes:

Oh man, I had seen the Britton thing too, didn't realize Miley was injured too though. Good luck man. 

52 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I would might entertain this but I'd kind of want to see who's out there first.  :thumbsup:

I have the fourth pick.  :ninja:

Your rash of injuries and retirements may push you for that turn pick;)

it would also depend for me on who is there. We can discuss when the supp kicks off  

40 minutes ago, BlackClouds said:

When do we officially start the supp draft?

I was thinking of giving a couple of days to look over their roster and what is available and to make trades for the supplemental...

So probably Sunday night or Monday morning...

@29 Guests you have PM :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Am I the only one who can’t see their rosters on the yahoo site?

The only way I’ve been able to see rosters is draft > draft results and sort by team not pick 

9 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Am I the only one who can’t see their rosters on the yahoo site?

What WhiteWonder said...  This was explained in the other thread "Draft Results Entered"...

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

The only way I’ve been able to see rosters is draft > draft results and sort by team not pick 

When I click on draft on the league page I get a message saying “draft results will appear after commissioner enters results of your offline draft”.  

2 minutes ago, posty said:

What WhiteWonder said...  This was explained in the other thread "Draft Results Entered"...

I understand I can view it off your link.  I’m asking why I can’t see it on the league page on yahoo sports app.   It looks like I am in the right league as the available players list keeps updating but I can’t see any roster or draft results in the app.  Just need to know if this is normal at this point.  I recall in years past I could see my roster and we would just add our supplemental picks. 

1 minute ago, lambert58 said:

I understand I can view it off your link.  I’m asking why I can’t see it on the league page on yahoo sports app.   It looks like I am in the right league as the available players list keeps updating but I can’t see any roster or draft results in the app.  Just need to know if this is normal at this point.  I recall in years past I could see my roster and we would just add our supplemental picks. 

It is because I didn't start the league yet...  

I remember in the past that there were issues of players that were drafted on the message board here but they took forever to pickup their player, so others would think that a player was available when they actually weren't...

I was hoping to see if this would be away to avoid that situation...

Of course I have never used the app, so I don't know how that works, but never had this issue through the web...

If I have to start the league, I will, but as I said, I was trying to avoid that...

10 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

When I click on draft on the league page I get a message saying “draft results will appear after commissioner enters results of your offline draft”.  

on the app i have no idea.. i use the web page and when i hover over draft and click down on draft results, I get pick by pick and i just change it to "by team" and it works for me. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

on the app i have no idea.. i use the web page and when i hover over draft and click down on draft results, I get pick by pick and i just change it to "by team" and it works for me. 

I have always used the app.  I had an issue last year or the year before that I was still on the prior year instead of the current year.  That is why I was asking the question.  A simple “I haven’t started the league yet” would have let me know to not worry about it. 

8 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I have always used the app.  I had an issue last year or the year before that I was still on the prior year instead of the current year.  That is why I was asking the question.  A simple “I haven’t started the league yet” would have let me know to not worry about it. 

I apologize for the misunderstanding...  I just assumed that people had read that...

2 minutes ago, 29 Guests said:

27.07 Jose Abreu 1B Chi

ill take that as a no on any trades :lol:

• Sad 1

Sorry for the delay. Was not in draft mode. Been disconnected most of weekend outside family. My pepere passed Friday night.. Made big breakfast, went to ramen with fam for lunch, disc golfed with group of vets and back home to dinner with wife. 

Hope I remembered my list I left at work.

Sorry guys...working from home today, but got called into the office this morning for what I thought would be only an hour.  Its turned into 3 hours and counting.  I should be home in about 45 minutes, though, to make my pick.

Went with Castellanos to fill a need in the OF.  I have a bunch of OF’ers but none as capable of 30 HR and close to 100 RBI as Castellanos. He should have close to 40 doubles too. Huge for me. allows me one set starter in the OF and then I can go with the hot hand between Arozarena, Piscotty, Pham, and Grichuk. 

Not sure Chapman filled a need for me because I have Rosenthal and Hicks but he seemed to me to be the most reliable at his position for success.  2 game suspension to start the season but hopefully the same dominant Chapman amassing saves after that.  

I almost picked Luis Castillo in round 1, thinking the cardinals and royals didn’t need a SS but was slightly afraid Seagers hot spring would tempt someone.  So to get Castillo in round 2, I was very happy. He solidified my starting pitchers especially with Carrasco gimpy. I almost went with Marte in round 1 but figured Seager would give me a bigger upgrade. It looks like Gimenez is going to start at SS for Cleveland but he still needs to prove himself.