Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Virginia school district cancels Dr. Seuss celebration, citing ‘racial undertones’ in his books

Do y'all remember when Cardi B's WAP was the number one single in America and she was interviewing Joe Biden?

Meanwhile six Dr. Seuss books are being canceled.  

America really has their priorities in order.  :lol:

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Do y'all remember when Cardi B's WAP was the number one single in America and she was interviewing Joe Biden?

That really is funny. And pretty sad. It's mind-numbing seeing what the liberals are evolving into in this country. 

32 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That really is funny. And pretty sad. It's mind-numbing seeing what the liberals are evolving into in this country. 

They've pretty much come out into the open now. They are trying to destroy America, politically, culturally, and economically. It's necessary to do so to build their totalitarian utopian future. 

Orwell was dead on with 1984, he just guessed the year wrong. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They've pretty much come out into the open now. They are trying to destroy America, politically, culturally, and economically. It's necessary to do so to build their totalitarian utopian future. 

Orwell was dead on with 1984, he just guessed the year wrong. 

Exactly true. It's why they see Trump as the devil. He exposes them without fear of being cancelled himself.

The word it out too. People are flocking to our border now that the libs are in control. And they openly won't call it crisis at the border but they say they need 20,000 more beds to put people in that are rushing in from who knows where. 

It's like a bad dream only real.

Biden administration argues migrant surge is a 'challenge,' not a 'crisis'

Experts predict as many as 117,000 unaccompanied minors will cross the border this year.

President Biden is declining to call the situation at the southern border a crisis – even amid reports that his administration needs another 20,000 beds at migrant facilities to deal with a surge of unaccompanied minors.

When asked during an appearance Tuesday if there was a crisis at the border, Biden declined to use the term.

"No -- we will be able to handle it, God willing," Biden said.

Later, at a White House briefing, Fox News’ Kristin Fisher asked Press Secretary Jen Psaki, "at what point does it become a crisis?"

"We had the security of Homeland Security yesterday conveying it’s a challenge," Psaki replied. "We’re going to approach this without labeling.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-migrant-surge-challenge-not-crisis

Damn near every other country on earth has their borders locked tighter than Naomi's vag during covid, but not us. 

Businessmen and tourists can't really come in... But mobs of migrants? Sure! 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Damn near every other country on earth has their borders locked tighter than Naomi's vag during covid, but not us. 

As has been noted they did consider locking down.............Florida.  Which is without question the #1 destination,  probably in the world, because of how well they handled Covid.  Texas, which has had total devastation due to weather this year and has a teetering infrastructure is wide open to border jumpers. 

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The Biden administration and his voters were so disgusted by Donald Trump (his tweets, how he made them "feel") that they are willing to hurt Americans just to do the opposite or undo his policies while in office, even the one's that make sense.

There is no reason schools shouldn’t be open 5 days a week at this point. Prove me wrong. 

I need to go in the attic and pull out my kids old books.    Between this and Bitcoin I'm going to be rich.

I love the free market, I don't think this is working the way the Biden administration and uber liberals thought.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is no reason schools shouldn’t be open 5 days a week at this point. Prove me wrong. 

The liberal politicians across the US agree. Well, as far as it pertains to their own kids that is. :dunno: 

Meanwhile, down in Vancouver, WA they just received 3 copies of the following book.  My friend's wife works in this school district's library and sent me the pic.

Wait a second.  You guys think the logging industry is liberal?  The Lorax was pushing an environmentalist agenda. The logging industry did not want to be associated with a negative stigma. That shut down came from the right.

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Wait a second.  You guys think the logging industry is liberal?  The Lorax was pushing an environmentalist agenda. The logging industry did not want to be associated with a negative stigma. That shut down came from the right.

The Lorax was shutdown, in 1989? When was that movie made? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Lorax was shutdown, in 1989? When was that movie made? 

More recently

Controversy[edit]

In 1988, a small school district in California kept the book on a reading list for second graders, though some in the town claimed the book was unfair to the logging industry.[6][7]

Terri Birkett, a member of a family-owned hardwood flooring factory, authored The Truax,[8] offering a logging-friendly perspective to an anthropomorphic tree known as the Guardbark. This book was published by the National Oak Flooring Manufacturers' Association (NOFMA). Just as in The Lorax, the book consists of a disagreement between two people. The logging industry representative states that they have efficiency and re-seeding efforts. The Guardbark, a personification of the environmentalist movement much as the Once-ler is for big business, refuses to listen and lashes out. But in the end, he is convinced by the logger's arguments. However, this story was criticized for what were viewed as skewed arguments and clear self-interest, particularly a "casual attitude toward endangered species" that answered the Guardbark's concern for them. In addition, the book's approach as a more blatant argument, rather than one worked into a storyline, was also noted.[9][10][11]

The line "I hear things are just as bad up in Lake Erie" was removed more than fourteen years after the story was published, after two research associates from the Ohio Sea Grant Program wrote to Seuss about the clean-up of Lake Erie.[12] The line remains in the home video releases of the television special, in the audiobook read by Rik Mayall, and in the UK edition published by HarperCollins Children's Books.[citation needed

Just as dumb, but a small school district in California having a "controversy"?  Is the same as halting all publication nationally of six books and the Biden Administration taking it off the National Read Accross America Campain on Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Doesn't quite compare.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Just as dumb, but a small school district in California having a "controversy"?  Is the same as halting all publication nationally of six books and the Biden Administration taking it off the National Read Accross America Campain on Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Doesn't quite compare.  

They love to play the equalizer game. Even when it’s lopsided. 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:10 PM, KSB2424 said:

Speaking of WAP... 

"Swipe your nose like a credit card" cracks me up though. :lol:

Biden and the left are a disgrace. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Speaking of WAP... 

"Swipe your nose like a credit card" cracks me up though. :lol:

This all needs to be brought up in the media full time for a week. Over and over again. Comparing Dr. Seuss words to "Yeah, you focking with some wet-ass pvssy."

How far is the left going to push this? As far as they can before a civil war does actually break out. Seriously, how much is this country going to take from these unreal power hungry dictator wannabes? 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:43 PM, KSB2424 said:

I love the free market, I don't think this is working the way the Biden administration and uber liberals thought.  :lol:

Well to your earlier post, I'm sure a lot of those are people buying them thinking they're going to be worth money.  And I'm sure his birthday typically helps sales anyway.

My kids like Dr. Seuss, but "If I Ran the Zoo" was the only one of the 6 "canceled" ones that I had ever heard of.  I think Dr. Seuss will be OK.

This doesn't really seem like being "canceled," this seems more simliar to like when people find racist tweets from baseball players from when they were 14 years old.   They apologize and then everyone forgets about it a week later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You can't buy certain Dr Seuss books on ebay, but you can buy Mein Kampf.

That's fine and dandy since Hitler didn't draw any cartoons that could be interpreted as raciss.  He also didn't call for the genocide of star bellied sneetches.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You can't buy certain Dr Seuss books on ebay, but you can buy Mein Kampf.

Or the anarchists cook book, if you want to learn how to make bombs. It’s sick out there and getting sicker. How anyone can align with the left still is beyond me.  OMB isn’t an excuse anymore. 

I doubt Titans or Volty will want to give their Asian family members Dr. Suess books that portray Asians in a stereotypical way. Why is it so hard for you all to swallow that things are offensive??? Just because it doesn't hurt you doesn't mean it doesn't hurt others. 

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

I doubt Titans or Volty will want to give their Asian family members Dr. Suess books that portray Asians in a stereotypical way. Why is it so hard for you all to swallow that things are offensive??? Just because it doesn't hurt you doesn't mean it doesn't hurt others. 

Paddy wagon. 

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

Do me a favor, let me know when those books were published... and how they coincide with WWII?

20 minutes ago, peenie said:

Ever see caricatures of Trump? Ever hear people making fun of his skin color? He didn't give a crap.

My first year in high school the blacks called me whitey because my skin is lighter that other whites. Didn't bother me a bit.

The publisher is within their rights to exclude these books from future sales. I can understand that because they are kids’ books, maybe it’s good to err on protecting the kids from racist imagery. Adult books - we should be able to understand that older books come from a different culture and not try to ban them.

I don’t agree with eBay blocking the sales of the existing books. That is book banning and I disagree completely.

7 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The publisher is within their rights to exclude these books from future sales. I can understand that because they are kids’ books, maybe it’s good to err on protecting the kids from racist imagery. Adult books - we should be able to understand that older books come from a different culture and not try to ban them.

I don’t agree with eBay blocking the sales of the existing books. That is book banning and I disagree completely.

To protect kids from racist imagery, we should ban black people to make sure they never see the people who sold black people into slavery.

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

maybe it’s good to err on protecting the kids from racist imagery.

Or, better yet, show it to them and explain the context. Isn't that what 1619 Project was all about, except it was full of lies?  If they can't understand the context, they won't understand the symbolism.  And drawing Chinese or black people with the skin they actually have isn't racist.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Or, better yet, show it to them and explain the context. Isn't that what 1619 Project was all about, except it was full of lies?  If they can't understand the context, they won't understand the symbolism.  And drawing Chinese or black people with the skin they actually have isn't racist.

I can understand that idea, but I doubt kids that are young enough to be reading Dr. Seuss would be open for that kind of history lesson.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To protect kids from racist imagery, we should ban black people to make sure they never see the people who sold black people into slavery.

Perfect example of why we need to protect young impressionable minds from the scourge of racism. Too late for this poster I guess.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Your culture makes music left and right that is offensive.  Doesnt get pulled.  It gets celebrated. 

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I can understand that idea, but I doubt kids that are young enough to be reading Dr. Seuss would be open for that kind of history lesson.

But they can be racist and select their gender at that young age.  Makes sense.

5 hours ago, peenie said:

1. If you are hurt by a children's book, you are a drag on the human gene pool.

2. Now this is important, but it seems like we have forgotten and won't remember until it's too late... 

You don't have a right to be unoffended. 

The proper response to "I'm offended!" is "Meh, that's nice."

Land o lakes butter removed the indian from the package but they landscape is still on the packaging.   So they literally got rid of the indian and kept the land. In the name of not being racist. 

Happy Days has to go. They were happy and there were no blacks. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Land o lakes butter removed the indian from the package but they landscape is still on the packaging.   So they literally got rid of the indian and kept the land. In the name of not being racist. 

Liberals dream of ridding the land of any mention of the indians.