Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Covid-19 Vaccines - Geek Kids

Will you eventually vaccinate your children against Covid-19?  Unless they have health conditions they will / should be the last to get them but when the time comes will you?

1.  I am pro vaccines, they are one of the greatest inventions in all of mankind.  

2.  I am still hesitant on any new vaccine.  This has nothing to do with the Covid-19 specifically that would be any new vaccine until a couple years have gone past with more follow up data.  

My parents have received theirs as they should, they are in their lower 70's.   I am still undecided if I get one but leaning on doing so, however my kids are 12 and 9.  They are in the uber low risk of anything Covid related and I do have small concerns of long term unkown affects of a brand new vaccine.

Anyway, what say you?

No for my kids.  The only reason I got mine, was because that I come in contact with positive patients at work all of the time.  Also, there would be no presumption that I got it at work if I did get sick with Covid. Theres just too much data leaning towards teens not having many issues with Covid.

Absolutely friggin not.  No one under 30 is in any danger from this, unless they are on death's door already.  Kids put this weak virus out so fast they don't even they they had it.  

No not a chance. 

• Thanks 1

My kids are 18 and 15, the 18 year old can kind of decide for himself...but I'd advise him no right now. The 15 year old is a no.

Honestly, I'd like to see how this plays out just 5 years from now and see how people are feeling, or if any weird effects show up. Esp in the younger crowds. 

My son (7) has covid right now. No symptoms. Since Feb 22. So does his mother (can't smell or taste). His entire 2nd grade class had to quarantine and can't go back to school till the March 8th.  I do not have it. :dunno:

Just went to his school to pick up his work for the week.

I see no reason to get the vaccine for any of us

My boys are 15 and 17.  No way in hell would I subject them to the vaccines. 

My 19 year old may need to get it for work. The 17 year old may need it to attend college in the fall. The youngest has mild asthma, but neither is at major risk. I think we will wait and see with them.

I will get it when I can and wife has already had one dose.

No one needs to take that crap. If you take it, you are playing russian roulette.