Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2021 Masters Thread**

Just now, bostonlager said:

The only thing that makes me hesitant is he has sprayed some tee shots and was lucky to get out of some trouble. I can see someone going low and him struggling. 

Yea he did have a couple sprays.

Zal would be my longer shot pick.  Ill make a rash decision here in a bit

Don't care who wins as long as they're American.

I'll root for Matsuyama to win a Sumo wresting contest.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Thoughts? Any bets today or still live? I ended up betting Fitz and Cam Smith straight.  Cam was fun on Friday until he had the post eagle: bogey-double

tell me about it.

I have Conners top 20, Smith top 20, Casey top 20 and Ancer top 30 bets going. Looks like only Conners and Smith still alive for those, unless Ancer has a hot back nine and backdoors a top 30 finish.

Thought about a pre tourney Conners to win but didn't do it. 

-120 for a guy leading by 4 seems like a good bet to make. He can easily lose but i'm surprised the 4 shot lead only bought him -120 odds. Then again im not an oddsmaker and they know what they are doing. Its Augusta, there are 4 guys within 4 but only one has a major.... Xander I think poses the biggest threat. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Did Matsuyama just hit one OB on the 1st?

He’s DOA but in bounds 

• Like 1

No Asian player has ever had a 4 shot lead after 54 holes, bogeyed his 1st hole on Sunday - and went on to win the Masters...

What's on the menu for the champion's dinner next year?  Rice, sushi and more rice?

Did you see all the white supremacists yelling all of the anti-Asian hate on 18?  I mean, they disguised it as cheering, but you know what they meant.. Disgusting.

• Haha 1

Congrats to the champ. I mostly got off the couch for whiskey the last four hours. Nothing like Masters’ Sunday. 

:banana:

Great win, happy for him and what it means to the Asian community. 

That being said, Hideki - you have a huge home in Orlando, have lived and played here for 10 years now.. C'mon with the translator schtick - you know damn good and well how to speak English by now. 

51 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

That being said, Hideki - you have a huge home in Orlando, have lived and played here for 10 years now.. C'mon with the translator schtick - you know damn good and well how to speak English by now. 

Guarantee some exec in the tv booth said "please tell me this chopstick can speak English... ah crap."

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Did you see all the white supremacists yelling all of the anti-Asian hate on 18?  I mean, they disguised it as cheering, but you know what they meant.. Disgusting.

I'll go check out CNN. 

33 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

He did keep starting to answer before the translator said anything. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

I was texting my friend the same thing... turned the interview off as soon as there was a translator. If he can't speak enough English to answer some simple questions, even though he lives here and does a majority of his 'work' here.... :nono:

The usual hits and misses as far as prognostication is concerned. I correctly identified 6 of the top 10 finishers (Schauffele, Spieth, Rahm, Reed, Smith, Finau). Missed on Oosthuzien who played poorly by his major standards. Everyone missed on DJ, but I did say that defending champions often don't play well at Augusta. Matsuyama playing well, even winning, was not shocking by any means, but I didn't see Zalatoris coming. Even though he was top-6 at Winged Foot, I thought it would take more time for him to play Augusta well. Guess not. In any event, it was a fun tournament to follow even if Schauffele's triple at 16 cost me an EdEx Cup win. Next up: PGA Championship in May. Until then.... 

Zalitoris is $. Every drive down the middle, every approach is a birdie opp.

23 minutes ago, lod001 said:

165 lbs, my butt.  145 probably, has he stings it.  I like him. 

29 minutes ago, lod001 said:

My friend called him Clitoris 

Congrats Hideki. Bittersweet watching the masters cause my BIL was all about it. First year they haven’t gone in a while. BILs friend who made the trip happen posted a few pics of him at Augusta yesterday cause he was depressed like we are 😭

• Haha 2

The music artist manager that made the Augusta national trip happen posted a pic from the trip of my BIL so I’ll post it (so the few retards that don’t believe we went can finally shut up)

https://ibb.co/p2HDc90

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

Did anyone else notice how quickly DJ exited the Cabin after the jacket presentation?  I've never seen anyone split that fast.

Yes I did. No hand shake or fist bump.....that I saw.  Seemed awkward.

12 hours ago, BufordT said:

Yes I did. No hand shake or fist bump.....that I saw.  Seemed awkward.

Oh I can say for certain that DJ did some bumps