Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Bucket List

Whether it's something you could do now or not until retirement, what are your goals.  Things you hope to have happen or experience before you die?

I would like to travel the canal system in the UK by narrowboat someday.  Whether it only be for a month or two, I think that would be awesome.

I would also like to ride one of the more scenic TDF routes by motorcycle.

I would like to live 3-4 months a year in another country.  Keep my house but travel and stay somewhere else for a few months.  Pick a new place each year or every other year.  

You?

I had plans. Now I plan on sending my kids to private school.  Thanks libtards. 

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Whether it's something you could do now or not until retirement, what are your goals.  Things you hope to have happen or experience before you die?

I would like to travel the canal system in the UK by narrowboat someday.  Whether it only be for a month or two, I think that would be awesome.

I would also like to ride one of the more scenic TDF routes by motorcycle.

I would like to live 3-4 months a year in another country.  Keep my house but travel and stay somewhere else for a few months.  Pick a new place each year or every other year.  

You?

In Venice, Italy they don't have streets, they have canals. So in Venice, we gotta keep the kids off the canals. In Venice if you're not book smart, but you do know what's going on, you are canal smart. "I've got canal smarts bltch !"

6 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

John Muir trail.

Just tough to get a few consecutive weeks off until I retire. Hopefully I'm still in shape by then. 

Nice.  Hopefully, you do it.  I've watched a few YouTube "documentaries" of hiking the A.T.  That looks life-changing.  

30 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Nice.  Hopefully, you do it.  I've watched a few YouTube "documentaries" of hiking the A.T.  That looks life-changing.  

Ha, we have probably watched the same documentaries. AT and PCT would be quite an experience. There are guys who do it in their 50s but it has to be tough. Even if I was in good enough shape, I feel like I would eventually tire of it.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Yes  AT does but wouldn't want to finish the whole thing.

The AT was about 50 yards behind my old house. Never set foot on it. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The AT was about 50 yards behind my old house. Never set foot on it. 

That is pretty cool but wow you didn't venture in.

Mostly planning to do all the normal sht people do when they retire.

my only interesting plan is to take roughly 2 months per year and just wander the country with no plans.  2-ish months on the road alone each year just doing whatever presents itself.  When I’m still young enough I plan to do it on foot.

21 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Golf Europe 

Disc golf asia

21 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Golf Europe 

Fock Europe 

:banana:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

my only interesting plan is to take roughly 2 months per year and just wander the country with no plans.  

This. Pack up a 4x4 pickup or SUV and just head out. Visit lots of scenic areas, music venues, stadiums, museums. Go skiing on every good mountain that has a lift. Soak in every hot spring I can find. Travel almost exclusively by 2 lane county and state highways (or better yet trails/minimum maintenance type roads). Sleep either in the vehicle or a tent most of the time. 

I have actually planned out how much it would cost to see the Nazka lines in Peru. About 10k would get me there and back for a weekend. That is literally the only thing on my list. 

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

This. Pack up a 4x4 pickup or SUV and just head out. Visit lots of scenic areas, music venues, stadiums, museums. Go skiing on every good mountain that has a lift. Soak in every hot spring I can find. Travel almost exclusively by 2 lane county and state highways (or better yet trails/minimum maintenance type roads). Sleep either in the vehicle or a tent most of the time. 

Or just hop a train.

4 hours ago, frank said:

Fock Europe 

:banana:

You stole my answer. 😡

Walk the Mid-Atlantic ridge in Iceland 

Hike to Base Camp on Everest. I’ll never make it to the top of the mountain, but you can volunteer to work at Base Camp. 

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Walk the Mid-Atlantic ridge in Iceland 

Hike to Base Camp on Everest. I’ll never make it to the top of the mountain, but you can volunteer to work at Base Camp. 

More than 300 people have died attempting to reach the summit. The last year without known deaths on the mountain was 1977, a year in which only two people reached the summit.

I think playing Pebble Beach would be one.  It's doable.  Obviously Augusta would be better but that ain't happening.

Read the book High Crimes. You’ll want nothing to do with Everest. Unless you’re rich enough to pay off the Sherpa who “forgot” to bring enough oxygen to get back down. 

Taking care of two this summer, dirty heads and red rocks :banana:

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Read the book High Crimes. You’ll want nothing to do with Everest. Unless you’re rich enough to pay off the Sherpa who “forgot” to bring enough oxygen to get back down. 

I read John Krakauer's book, and he describes the 1996 climb that left a few dead. I'll check out that book tho. 

I am also not talking about climbing Everest, I am talk about going to base camp - at the bottom of the mountain. You cannot climb higher than base camp with out a permit....which is currently around $10k. The over all cost to climb it is around $50k, if not more. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

I read John Krakauer's book, and he describes the 1996 climb that left a few dead. I'll check out that book tho. 

I am also not talking about climbing Everest, I am talk about going to base camp - at the bottom of the mountain. You cannot climb higher than base camp with out a permit....which is currently around $10k. The over all cost to climb it is around $50k, if not more. 

Check that book out. It’s one of the most interesting books I ever read, and I bought it on a whim.  

9 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I think playing Pebble Beach would be one.  It's doable.  Obviously Augusta would be better but that ain't happening.

My friend has relatives with a house on the Pebble course.  I haven't done it but they've snuck out and played some ghost holes and the late evenings.

Way funner than paying.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Threesome with Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston

Hopefully that happens before you're all like 70 years old.

22 hours ago, taco breath said:

Or just hop a train.

What fun would drinking and driving be on a train? Also pretty sure I can't get rail service to the remotest corners of Idaho/Nevada/Oregon.