MLCKAA

What is your net worth?

Well this thread took a turn.  🍿

On 3/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, edjr said:

My fidelity account was worth A LOT more 2 weeks ago, lets just say that :mad:  

What about you infidelity? 

I have less equity in my home than I owe, so not much.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, tubby_mcgee said:

"Millionaire" ... is a funny term.  A million isn't what it used to be.  Again, lose job/career...it will vanish fast.  I feel vulnerable all the time, and money is my biggest worry. 

Started a business when I was nearing the end of college (teaching/coaching degree), it went well from 1996 to 2002.  2002 to 2006 it declined fast when cell phones became mainstream.  I spun that off into something else....that with complete luck, went ballistic for a few years (I was making 100k per month for about 6 months in 2014. Bell curve on both sides of 2014).  Its since been good and fairly stable, but not like it was in 2014. I doubt I'll ever see that kind of $ again. 

Congratulations, you've done very well for yourself.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, edjr said:

My fidelity account was worth A LOT more 2 weeks ago, lets just say that :mad:  

Amazon - First Solar - Five Below  & Tesla  are the reason my Fidelity account is down from two weeks ago.

You ?

Age 59: Single

Was a production technician in a manufacturing factory that averaged 110 dB on the floor,  & 110° in the summer for 30 years.

Rotated 12 hour shifts every 56 days. 7 'cycles' of days 6 AM to 6 PM  with 4 days off in between, then 7 cycles of nights 6 PM to 6 AM with 4 days off in between.

Never had any sick/personal days, because as the plant manager said when I asked why we didn't "because you'd use them" lol

Very good hourly wage + 3.5 hrs of time & 1/2 every day/night. And thanks to the International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers, a defined benefit pension plan.

Also taught myself how to invest starting in the early 90s. 

I am blessed.

Fidelity Brokerage *Taxable*         $877,562.00              
Vanguard 401-k                               $317,619.00            
ESPP   1,573.799 Shares                $157,435.00
Home Equity                                     $100,000.00                   

IRA                                                        $91,295.00              
HSA                                                       $20,477.00                                                            
Silver Coins                                          $14,000.00        
Checking                                               $10,402.00
                                                       = $1,588,790.00

Parents gave each of us 10 K in 1992, & sometimes a $1000 or 2 for Christmas

Early in 93, I splurged on something for the 1st & only time.

A Super White (privilege) 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with 9000 miles. $24,000.00 was a lot of money back then, but the amount of fun I had in that car paid me back in spades!

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a549a11371669930

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Gossiping about me with shotsup over PM.

Umm... who wants to be the one to tell him? :unsure: :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Having a kid at 16, dropping out of HS, and getting a job doesn't bode well for someone's long term net worth.  I've only been a CPT for 6 years.  Prior to 2015, I was only making $17 an hour.  I had no savings or 401k.  I was living paycheck to paycheck in a small 2-bedroom apartment.  I had over $75k in credit card bills.  Over the last 6 years, my pay has averaged $74k per year... I'm up to $84k now.  My credit card debt is way down... only have $15k left.  I'm thinking that if I die tomorrow, my son will probably get very little.  I only have a $75k (whole life), life insurance policy.

You picked yourself up off your bootstraps, stay the course.  Also, your son is grown now I assume.  75k is fine, unless you are married and have other younger kids.  

37 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Was a production technician in a manufacturing factory that averaged 110 dB on the floor,  & 110° in the summer for 30 years.

Rotated 12 hour shifts every 56 days. 7 'cycles' of days 6 AM to 6 PM  with 4 days off in between, then 7 cycles of nights 6 PM to 6 AM with 4 days off in between.

Never had any sick/personal days, because as the plant manager said when I asked why we didn't "because you'd use them" lol

Very good hourly wage + 3.5 hrs of time & 1/2 every day/night. And thanks to the International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers, a defined benefit pension plan.

I am blessed.

= $1,588,790.00

A Super White (privilege) 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with 9000 miles. $24,000.00 was a lot of money back then, but the amount of fun I had in that car paid me back in spades!

That's cool and all but what do you bench?

11 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I am blessed.

= $1,588,790.00

Dude probably has a tiny pecker.

12 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Amazon - First Solar - Five Below  & Tesla  are the reason my Fidelity account is down from two weeks ago.

You ?

every single stonk I have has been crushed the last 10 days

24 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Dude probably has a tiny pecker.

Maybe you could stand next to it and we would know for sure.

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

You picked yourself up off your bootstraps, stay the course.  Also, your son is grown now I assume.  75k is fine, unless you are married and have other younger kids.  

Yeah, I'm ok now.  I should be fine in the end barring any catastrophic events.  Yeah, my son has his one place, job, etc, so it's just me and the gf... and she's worth a lot more than me, so... WINNER!  LOL

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

what do you bench?

225 x 36 is my record.

Got 225 x 33 last week.

Married, age 48

Home Equity - $580k (House $1.3 minus $720k mortgage)

Rental Property free and clear - $515k

IRAs - $605k

Roth IRA - $70k

Brokerage - $345k

529 - $11k

Checking - $35k

Cars - $75k

Net Worth = $2.2mm

• Haha 2

Some of you are forgetting to deduct your liabilities from the value of your assets.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, Cdub100 said:

With the market dump I"m now at -1.7

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Some of you are forgetting to deduct your liabilities from the value of your assets.

My only liability is the liberal government running the show. 

For the past 15 years I have owed nothing to anyone and the only hit I'm taking is the current economy. 401k taking a massive hit. Company stock, massive hit and thankfully I don't need the money because I know it will bounce back whenever the Biden pandemic is over. Cash in bank earning a meager 2%. Inflation up nearly 9%. Good thing my girlfriend and I don't really need anything more than what we already have and we each make very good money at our jobs. 

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Mine is more than craftsman, that's all I know.  Also more than ht

Dream on peon. 

You don't even own a house :lol:

You don't even top a mil.

Why does someone need to own a house to be wealthy? See, this is a typical liberal take. Ignorant of reality. 

And I'm not going to boast about my net worth on a fantasy football website. 

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Why does someone need to own a house to be wealthy? See, this is a typical liberal take. Ignorant of reality. 

And I'm not going to boast about my net worth on a fantasy football website. 

Sure thing, welfareman.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Mine is more than craftsman, that's all I know.  Also more than ht

Hmmm.

- Confirmed Liar

- Recently said he has no plans to retire.

Yep, lying.  

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Hmmm.

- Confirmed Liar

- Recently said he has no plans to retire.

Yep, lying.  

confirmed liar?  Link to anything that I lied about?

Yeah, I said I don't know what my plans are when I retire.  Is there something wrong with that?  Or is that a lie too?

How about you shut your b1tch mouth and stay out of it, maybe go fock your fat wife.

26 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

confirmed liar?  Link to anything that I lied about?

Yeah, I said I don't know what my plans are when I retire.  Is there something wrong with that?  Or is that a lie too?

How about you shut your b1tch mouth and stay out of it, maybe go fock your fat wife.

No plans for retirement = no money.  Liar. 

Go Chargers!

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No plans for retirement = no money.  Liar. 

Go Chargers!

No plans for retirement does not equal no money, it means I don't know what I'm going to do when I retire.

Confirmed Liar.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You don't even own a house :lol:

You don't even top a mil.

Ive had over a million dollars in pension payments. How’s your 401k doing? 

No plans for retirement does not equal no money, it means I don't know what I'm going to do when I retire.

Confirmed Liar.

My money is on Caftsman and HT having more than you. 

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I'm so proud of you.  401k is doing great.

Really? Two years of no or little growth.Thas not fine for a guy your age.  Oh yeah, the COLA increase on my pension kicked in this year. You have to be 55 or retired 10 years before it does. Ca- Ching! 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

Why does someone need to own a house to be wealthy? See, this is a typical liberal take.

The idea of owning a house to be wealthy is almost the exact opposite of a liberal take. :wacko: Liberals are more likely to be the ones to downsize, say material possessions don't matter, buy a tiny house and live on the go, talking about being rich in experience.   In fact, the traditional values of having equity in a house and paying off the mortgage, building that nest egg are more in line with conservative ideals. 

Now, no one fits exactly in a liberal or conservative box but this just goes to show that you will say any ridiculous thing if it means taking a shot a "liberals"... even if you have no clue what you're talking about which is almost all the time when it comes to your politically clouded mind. 

Do liberal politicians push the concept of more affordable home ownership for all? Yes, but that's more the race card and equality. That has nothing to do with your average conservative or liberal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

My money is on Caftsman and HT having more than you. 

I don’t know if I do, but I’m pretty good. I sleep well at night knowing my family is covered if I don’t wake up.   I don’t spend much on myself. I did that for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Which they surely hope for every morning 

I don’t think so. I do know if my teenager was still into Mickey Mouse I’d tell him to snap the Fock out of it.