Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16

Yet a 20 year old goes to jail if they have sex with a 16 year old. Go figure. Why not make it 8? Then creepy joe can be happy across the board. :dunno:

Progressive Democrats in the House of Representatives unsuccessfully pushed an amendment lowering the federal voting age to 16 as part of the H.R. 1 voting rights package on Wednesday.

The vote was 125-302 in the House with the majority of Democrats voting in favor, 125-93, according to C-SPAN.

HAWAII LAWMAKERS INTRODUCE BILL LOWERING VOTING AGE TO 16

"A sixteen-year-old in 2021 possesses a wisdom and a maturity that comes from 2021 challenges, 2021 hardships, and 2021 threats," Rep. Ayanna Pressley, one of the members of Congress behind the amendment, said in a statement on Monday. "Now is the time for us to demonstrate the courage that matches the challenges of the modern-day sixteen- and seventeen-year-old."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-democrats-hr-1-lower-voting-age-16

They have to do this.  It's their pathway into making it so that everything else can be lowered.  "Adulthood", sexual consent, "gender issues", etc.  They're also seeing the writing on the wall.  Minorities are leaving the Democrat party.  It's why they're trying to convince Asians that they're victims and need to indoctrinate more of the youth.

They need to make up their mind 18 year olds are too stupid to know what a student loan does. But a16 yo can vote. 8 year old can cut his off

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They have to do this.  It's their pathway into making it so that everything else can be lowered.  "Adulthood", sexual consent, "gender issues", etc.  They're also seeing the writing on the wall.  Minorities are leaving the Democrat party.  It's why they're trying to convince Asians that they're victims and need to indoctrinate more of the youth.

Seriously. How many kids did you know in high school sophmore or junior year that were well schooled on the political landscape. How many of them lived on their own and supported themselves or others in life? I think 18 is too young. It should go up if anything.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Seriously. How many kids did you know in high school sophmore or junior year that were well schooled on the political landscape. How many of them lived on their own and supported themselves or others in life? I think 18 is too young. It should go up if anything.

Well, I wasn't in HS at 16 LOL, but I get your point.  That said, my 13 year old nephew knows a lot more than what I did when I was even 20.  Information is significantly more available today than in 25 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"A sixteen-year-old in 2021 possesses a wisdom and a maturity that comes from 2021 challenges, 2021 hardships, and 2021 threats,"

This may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.  What objective data is this based on?  It's unbelievably scary that someone in Congress is saying this.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, I wasn't in HS at 16 LOL, but I get your point.  That said, my 13 year old nephew knows a lot more than what I did when I was even 20.  Information is significantly more available today than in 25 years ago.

True, but it's about what teachers are putting into kid's heads. Not about life experience. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

This may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.  What objective data is this based on?  It's unbelievably scary that someone in Congress is saying this.

125 representatives believe this. Or should I say, want it.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

True, but it's about what teachers are putting into kids heads. Not about life experience. 

Certainly.  They're trying to indoctrinate kids as young as they possibly can.  Fortunately my nephew and some of his friends have good parenting and pointing them in the direction of wisdom.

Do these wise potential voters still need to be told not to eat Tide pods? 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

"A sixteen-year-old in 2021 possesses a wisdom and a maturity that comes from 2021 challenges, 2021 hardships, and 2021 threats,"

:lol:

Some of them can't even DRIVE or get a job (most places around here won't hire until you're 18, unless they are fast food jobs). 

And yet....wisdom and maturity. 

They need to be on their parents insurance until they're 25 but they get to start voting at 16?  :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Some of them can't even DRIVE or get a job (most places around here won't hire until you're 18, unless they are fast food jobs). 

And yet....wisdom and maturity. 

Don't forget:

"and 2021 threats," 

They must have learned way beyond our years.

If a kid can decide it's gender when it's 3 years old, then it should be able to vote by 16.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

If a kid can decide it's gender when it's 3 years old, then it should be able to vote by 16.

I guess that's the same result. Parent's decide the gender, parents decide who they vote for. 

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

That's their objective.  To get the two ages as close together as possible.  If they get 16, they'll push for 14 in about 10 years.

The funny thing is that if they did get it to 16, if the results show that 16 and 17 year olds are voting heavily Republican, they'll look to push it back up to 18 and come up with a concocted reason to deflect from the obvious.

Every year kids get less mature.  Safe spaces, participation trophies... they have no idea about real adversity.  Turrble idea.

Can we just focus on all things Covid like opening up schools, vaccinating the most vulnerable, opening up the the economy, maybe some stimulus (only Covid related) FIRST?

Then, when things resemble some sort of normalcy take a step back, breathe, and talk about stuff like this....or Puerto Rico being a state....or all this other B.S. they are discussing in Washington right now?  

JFC

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

As far as Gen Z went, I'm well positioned to answer that since I was one of the few kids tuned into the Sunday morning talk shows in High School. And the answer, again from the '80s mind you, is very little. Pretty much no more than a handful.

Let me put it this way: I was on the East Detroit High School forensics team doing impromptu speaking on current events in part because I was the only one in my school who could hold his own in these things. So I went to the big forensics regional meet... 90% of the school didn't have anyone at all. There was me and three other kids there competing for two spots to go to the state level.

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Well, it's the black cue-ball, so what do you expect?

(Now that I think about it, she's an 8-ball)

This is dumb. Both parties are focusing on maximizing their voting block (or minimizing the other’s) instead of honoring the spirit of the Constitution. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Can we just focus on all things Covid like opening up schools, vaccinating the most vulnerable, opening up the the economy, maybe some stimulus (only Covid related) FIRST?

Then, when things resemble some sort of normalcy take a step back, breathe, and talk about stuff like this....or Puerto Rico being a state....or all this other B.S. they are discussing in Washington right now?  

JFC

Not how the democrats work. They have 2 dozen things going on at once hoping a few of them get missed and put into policy under the radar.

8 year olds should be able to have handguns with live ammo IF they promise to be good. 

Kill someone at 16? Not and adult.  But go ahead and pick the president. 

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Every year kids get less mature.  Safe spaces, participation trophies... they have no idea about real adversity.  Turrble idea.

Living with their parents until they are 30 and feeling good about it rather than embarressed. 

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Having one or two mindless reps vote for this is understandable. 125 though??

This can't be overstated. The majority of the democrats in the house of representatives wanted it to happen. 

H.R. 1 also forces mail-in ballots at the federal level.  Republican states cannot disallow them.  It also tries to force motor voter laws on all states, barring republican states from dissenting.  It also bans states from requiring ID to vote.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/hice-elections-democrats-control/2021/03/03/id/1012400/?oRef=vuukle

Rep. Hice to Newsmax TV: Election Law Bill Surrenders Control to the Dems

By Brian Trusdell    |   Wednesday, 03 March 2021 08:06 PM

Rep. Jody Hice of Georgia castigated House Democrats for their latest election law proposal, telling Newsmax TV's "Spicer & Co." that the bill, H.R. 1, is dedicated to Democrats controlling election systems and cancels the vote of legal citizens.

“It’s just a horrible bill all the way,” the 60-year-old Republican said. “The design really is to empower the Democrat control over election systems. It’s weaponizing agencies to target individual citizens, conservatives and their donors. It totally upends the election laws of the individual states.”

The bill has several provisions that most Democrats routinely promote, such as one involving so-called “motor voters” that automatically registers a person when he or she obtains or renews a driver's license, another banning of identification requirements to vote, which 33 states have, and yet another calling for expansion of mail-in balloting.