Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Another stimulus thread cuz I can't find the other ones

Now looking like 80/160K. 

I would imagine this has to still be based on 2019?  I'm guessing most haven't filed 2020 yet.

16 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Does it cut off at $160k or just decrease?

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Now looking like 80/160K. 

I would imagine this has to still be based on 2019?  I'm guessing most haven't filed 2020 yet.

I believe if you filed 2020 they will use it.. I'm holding back

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

I believe if you filed 2020 they will use it.. I'm holding back

This.  I'll be OK based on 2019 $$$

19 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Does it cut off at $160k or just decrease?

I think it's just cut off completely at $80/$160k now.   Far as I can tell under $75k/$150k is still the full amount.

The stock market is crashing, gas prices are exploding, small businesses are dying, enemies are flexing their muscles against us knowing we’ll do nothing, Dr. Suess is racist and Congress wants to let 16 year olds vote... In other words, we have a Democrat President again.

LULZ

NY getting Billions. Thanks for the bailout, America. 

Republican Senators - 0% voted for the stimulus bill.

Republican Voters - 59% support the stimulus bill.

A bit of a disconnect there, dontcha think Senators? Maybe listen to your constituents instead of reading Dr. Seuss books. Incompetent and lazy, all of them.

Just now, dogcows said:

A bit of a disconnect there, dontcha think Senators? Maybe listen to your constituents instead of reading Dr. Seuss books. Incompetent and lazy, all of them.

90% of voters don't know what else is in the bill beyond the 1400 checks.  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

90% of voters don't know what else is in the bill beyond the 1400 checks.  

So? You vote for somebody to represent your interests. If almost 60% of people in your own party want something, why oppose it? I guess we know why we already have 4 GOP Senators announcing retirement in 2022. They don’t care about what constituents want, and they know they’ll lose because of it.

Just now, dogcows said:

So? You vote for somebody to represent your interests. If almost 60% of people in your own party want something, why oppose it? I guess we know why we already have 4 GOP Senators announcing retirement in 2022. They don’t care about what constituents want, and they know they’ll lose because of it.

The bill is an absolute joke and of course people want their checks. This isn't hard, so quit trying to make it so.

The majority of people and republican legislators are FOR targeted relief to individuals and small businesses due to Covid-19 and the resulting lockdowns.   I believe a majority are also in favor of common sense infrastructure stimulus.  It's all the other nonsense, that if the American Voter was truly made aware of would be against.  However that is not the D.C. way.  For decades politicians build in pork and other quid pro quo crap in to bills, both sides do it.  It feels a bit different / more nefarious this time around because they are using a pandemic to do it though.  Bastards. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

The majority of people and republican legislators are FOR targeted relief to individuals and small businesses due to Covid-19 and the resulting lockdowns.   I believe a majority are also in favor of common sense infrastructure stimulus.  It's all the other nonsense, that if the American Voter was truly made aware of would be against.  However that is not the D.C. way.  For decades politicians build in pork and other quid pro quo crap in to bills, both sides do it.  It feels a bit different / more nefarious this time around because they are using a pandemic to do it.  

I think only the hyper-political types (like u and me who post on this forum I guess) are super concerned about the minutiae. Giving $2 trillion to the middle and lower class directly instead of $1 trillion in tax cuts, mostly to the wealthy, shows that Biden has a lot more political experience than Trump. I remember Bush sending out $300 checks to everybody when there was a budget surplus - that led to him getting a lot of votes.

Who's giving 2 trillion to middle and lower classes?

Giving $2 trillion to the middle and lower class directly instead of $1 trillion in tax cuts,

The majority of people are for open borders? The polls say no.  But I guess the polls only count for the “Covid” relief bill.  

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

LMAO...spoken like a genuine Pelosi mouthpiece.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

LMAO...spoken like a genuine Pelosi mouthpiece.

Exactly, they're counting the "somewhat support" as in... YES, DO IT.  That's not really the case.  That 30% are the people that are saying, I need the money because the politicians f'd me over during the shutdowns... but that doesn't mean I like the whole bill.  But morons (Liberals), treat it as "Yes, this is a great idea".

That graphic just proves how big and incompetent the Democrat base is.

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Exactly, they're counting the "somewhat support" as in... YES, DO IT.  That's not really the case.  That 30% are the people that are saying, I need the money because the politicians f'd me over during the shutdowns... but that doesn't mean I like the whole bill.  But morons (Liberals), treat it as "Yes, this is a great idea".

That graphic just proves how big and incompetent the Democrat base is.

So wait, “somewhat support” means “oppose” now? Let’s even assume that is true - you still have 30% Republicans who fully support… and 0% of Senators. Again, they are NOT representing the will of their voters. That’s why they are retiring left and right. Their interests are the interests of the billionaires, not the people. Will the GOP replacements be any good? Or will they all be QAnon crazies like Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Far-right candidates can usually do well in House elections, but state-wide races for Senator? It’s gonna be bad news for the R’s if they let QAnon nuts through the primaries.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

So wait, “somewhat support” means “oppose” now? Let’s even assume that is true - you still have 30% Republicans who fully support… and 0% of Senators. Again, they are NOT representing the will of their voters. That’s why they are retiring left and right. Their interests are the interests of the billionaires, not the people. Will the GOP replacements be any good? Or will they all be QAnon crazies like Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Far-right candidates can usually do well in House elections, but state-wide races for Senator? It’s gonna be bad news for the R’s if they let QAnon nuts through the primaries.

You are a focking loon. What world do you live in?

I wonder how the American people feel about the 1400 checks going to prisoners and illegal aliens? Haven’t seen a poll on that. 

The increased child tax credit isn't getting a lot of press, but could be a pretty significant game changer for many low-income families. At least I hope so.

No matter which side passes ginormous relief packages like this there is bound to be a ridiculous amount of pork. It is inevitable it seems that the rich get richer with legislation like this. I just hope that perhaps the working poor get a little bit more of a fighting chance along with that. 

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The increased child tax credit isn't getting a lot of press, but could be a pretty significant game changer for many low-income families. At least I hope so.

No matter which side passes ginormous relief packages like this there is bound to be a ridiculous amount of pork. It is inevitable it seems that the rich get richer with legislation like this. I just hope that perhaps the working poor get a little bit more of a fighting chance along with that. 

Game changer? Yeah, they’ll change their x box for a PlayStation. Have you ever er spent any time around any “low income” families, in this country? Air Jordan’s and smart phones abound. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Game changer? Yeah, they’ll change their x box for a PlayStation. Have you ever er spent any time around any “low income” families, in this country? Air Jordan’s and smart phones abound. 

Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet I've spent a minute or two around low-income families. Just a tad...

And while you're right that direct stimulus payments and $2,000 debit cards for hurricane Katrina resulted in a lot of waste from a lot of ignorant people, the child tax credit really has a chance to help the working poor. At least I sure hope so.

This is just giving us a taste of gubmint controlled universal income.  Its like a gateway drug.  It's no accident that they aren't truly targeting those who need it.

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

I am extra excited I get to fund the broken blue state public sector pensions. 

The pension bailout is for private pensions. You get to bail out corporations. 

9 hours ago, dogcows said:

Where did I say that "somewhat support" means "oppose"?  I said that they may only agree with the part where they get money.  That's why they say "somewhat support" and not "fully support"... it's means they don't agree with the whole thing.  I somewhat support the bill because there's some things in it that I agree with.  On a whole though, I'd rather my representative vote No.  So, let's say of the 30% who "somewhat support" the bill, half want their Rep to vote Yes and the other have want them to vote No.  So, you have 56% who want No and 44% who want Yes.  What school did you go to?  I'd like to know where not to live and what people to avoid... because they seem to think that 44% is higher than 56%.

Let's even say that 59% "fully support" the bill.  How do you know they live in Republican led districts?  You don't know how the question was asked.  You don't know the knowledgebase of those who answered.  You don't know anything about the poll other than the results that was backed by Leftists.

Besides, let's use a little common sense.  The poll asked less than 2,000 people.  Polls always skew Left.

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The pension bailout is for private pensions. You get to bail out corporations. 

Even better

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Besides, let's use a little common sense.  The poll asked less than 2,000 people.  Polls always skew Left.

Polls skew left because actual voters “skew left” too - 81 million to 74 million in the most recent election. Take a look outside the bubble.

Just because you personally don’t like the bill doesn’t make the poll a lie of some kind.

What is with the goldfish-like memories from Republicans though? Trump wanted a big relief package too; I don’t recall any consternation about that from GOP supporters at the time...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/22/trump-stimulus-video-bill/

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Polls skew left because actual voters “skew left” too - 81 million to 74 million in the most recent election. Take a look outside the bubble.

Just because you personally don’t like the bill doesn’t make the poll a lie of some kind.

What is with the goldfish-like memories from Republicans though? Trump wanted a big relief package too; I don’t recall any consternation about that from GOP supporters at the time...

Like the bubble your beloved President lives in?

How'd those polls look 2016?  It's a fact that all polls skew left.  That's not an opinion.

The bill has nothing to do with the validity of the poll.  The people who conducted the poll is the reason there's no validity.

Sorry, WAPO is behind a paywall.  Besides, I don't care what terrorist publications say.

There's nothing wrong with the idea behind any relief package (not just this one), the problems are in why it's being done, where the money is coming from, and where the money is going.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How'd those polls look 2016?  It's a fact that all polls skew left.  That's not an opinion.

The bill has nothing to do with the validity of the poll.  The people who conducted the poll is the reason there's no validity.

Sorry, WAPO is behind a paywall.  Besides, I don't care what terrorist publications say.

There's nothing wrong with the idea behind any relief package (not just this one), the problems are in why it's being done, where the money is coming from, and where the money is going.

If you recall, the polls in 2016 weren’t really off. It was strategic wins in certain states that allowed for an electoral win despite a popular vote loss.

The Washington Post is a “terrorist publication”? Bye, Felicia.

If you recall, the polls in 2016 weren’t really off. It was strategic wins in certain states that allowed for an electoral win despite a popular vote loss.

The Washington Post is a “terrorist publication”? Bye, Felicia.

The popular vote decides the winner in Presidential elections?  That's right... that's how you excuse the polls being wrong.  My bad.

Just because you don't like the truth doesn't change the fact that it is the truth.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The popular vote decides the winner in Presidential elections?  That's right... that's how you excuse the polls being wrong.  My bad.

Just because you don't like the truth doesn't change the fact that it is the truth.

Um, no - but you said the polls were wrong. They weren’t. National polls were quite accurate. Look it up.