Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Women boxers deserve the same pay as men boxers, goll dangit!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/claressa-shields-fights-for-equal-pay-in-womens-boxing-we-are-as-great-as-the-men

So what happens?  Ex: They want a total of $10 million purse... but the PPV and Gate only bring in $7 million.

They gonna make it mandatory for households to buy the women PPV?

They're in the wrong sport. Try mud wrestling. If the two combatants hot enough, they are at least in the conversation for relatively big prize money.

I know this is common sense but I feel like it needs to be repeated for the woke boys and girls.

Sports salary is dependent on what the league and owners pay them, which is directly based on if the event makes money from ticket sales, TV money, merchandise, etc.  It literally has ZERO to do with gender, race, sexuality, religion, or anything else.  

Sports is the epitome of a meritocracy.  And salary is dependent if the patrons pay to consume it.  

• Like 1

Also, I think it is sexist to call it a "purse".  It's European!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I know this is common sense but I feel like it needs to be repeated for the woke boys and girls.

Sports salary is dependent on what the league and owners pay them, which is directly based on if the event makes money from ticket sales, TV money, merchandise, etc.  It literally has ZERO to do with gender, race, sexuality, religion, or anything else.  

Sports is the epitome of a meritocracy.  And salary is dependent if the patrons pay to consume it.  

God bless seeing the extremely woke NBA having to explain this point to the off-the-rails, irredeemably-insane-and-beyond-all-measure woke WNBA.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

The women bltching about not being payed as much as men makes me think of a hockey player suing the NHL because MLB and NFL stars make more than NHL stars do. These women have no clue that the wages are bargained on. Think about that. They are completely clueless that they have the power to not play, forcing the owners to agree to a higher pay. They are proving the point that they deserve less money because they can't comprehend the process in which wages are figured out!

In going to sue someone because an electrician makes $3 more per hour. Its just not fair dammit!

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/claressa-shields-fights-for-equal-pay-in-womens-boxing-we-are-as-great-as-the-men

So what happens?  Ex: They want a total of $10 million purse... but the PPV and Gate only bring in $7 million.

They gonna make it mandatory for households to buy the women PPV?

What if I don't get ppv for mens boxing? Do I still need to buy the womens?

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I would think it goes without saying, but it should be the same when comparing the Victoria Secret supermodel’s compensation to the Men’s Joe Boxer model’s compensation. Maybe that doesn’t apply anymore, but it definitely did 20 years ago.

advocating that the ladies are just as capable as the men

Then there's no reason to have separate men's and women's divisions, right?:dunno:

11 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Then there's no reason to have separate men's and women's divisions, right?:dunno:

1.  Ladies are tougher then men.  If you have ever seen a child birth, up front and personable, it cannot be denied. 

2. If we are talking "sports" this is stupid......I don't even have to post anymore words.

Men and Women are different, and that is okay.  In fact it is what makes us both a perfect match. 

They should go on strike for equal wages. Where is their Norma Rae? 

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Men and Women are different, and that is okay.

What about 15 year old boys....that beat the US Women's National Team?

If that happened in 2021...they'd sue the boys for discrimination.   Or something.   There'd be a lot of crying foul. 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

And this goes back to what I said about the 15 year old boy in our wrestling room beating the bag out of the 27 year old Olympic-Level wrestler in a post a while back...testosterone is superior.

The fact that women always fight for "equal pay" means they have no comprehension of the free market, and really should be making me a sandwich. 

WNBA and Soccer too. 

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

God bless seeing the extremely woke NBA having to explain this point to the off-the-rails, irredeemably-insane-and-beyond-all-measure woke WNBA.

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The women bltching about not being payed as much as men makes me think of a hockey player suing the NHL because MLB and NFL stars make more than NHL stars do. These women have no clue that the wages are bargained on. Think about that. They are completely clueless that they have the power to not play, forcing the owners to agree to a higher pay. They are proving the point that they deserve less money because they can't comprehend the process in which wages are figured out!

In going to sue someone because an electrician makes $3 more per hour. Its just not fair dammit!

As far equal pay, the WNBA tried that and were proven to be taken to the woodshed... so, like any woman, they pretended that we misunderstood them (when we didn't), and claim that they meant "percentage", not "cash".  The WNBA then took the stance, and I still believe it's the same, that they deserve the same percentage of the league income.  The problem that the WNBA has is that, as a whole, they actually lose money.  They only reason that they show a positive net income, is because the NBA acts like their daddy and physically gives them money.  They have the opinion that daddy money is actual earned income.

Anyway, that's the line all women's athletics are toeing.  They want the same percentage.  The thing that sucks is that we're going to end up footing the bill for it.  I have no issue with them getting the same percentage, but we all know that when they see that number, they're going to pissed because they have the belief that's it's a lot higher than what it really is.  The net result will be that these sports leagues/events, don't want to be seen as sexist or misogynistic, so they'll over pay them... then, jack up the costs of the men's sports/leagues/events, to cover the costs.  In 10 years, rinse and repeat.  All this does is pander to women and the wokies and doesn't actually accomplish anything.

Strike! Withhold your services. That will show them! 

A woman in boxers is not sexy at all :thumbsdown:

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Strike! Withhold your services. That will show them! 

Yeah...why don't they just strike until they are guaranteed equal pay.  :lol:.  Seriously, folks do it in other areas.  Someone should suggest it to that woman in a public presser, and see what that female boxer responds with.  "Well, that wouldn't work because we only get paid based on---- uhhhhh.  Oh. Yeah. Nevermind."  Ya gotta assume the light bulb would come on at some point in her explanation.  

And it's also hilarious what she said about ".....heck, we'll fight 12,  3-minute rounds too so we can get paid the same as men!"   Yep lady, that's the ticket.  That's the problem viewers have. You're just not giving the duration they are looking for in a boxing match.  Make it 15,  3-minute rounds and you'll be making MORE than the men!  You solved it!

My prediction..."they" (some B-level female boxer) gets on the undercard of a Floyd Mayweather fight, and then says "Welp, I want the same the Floyd gets. I was on the card too"

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Yeah...why don't they just strike until they are guaranteed equal pay.  :lol:.  Seriously, folks do it in other areas.  Someone should suggest it to that woman in a public presser, and see what that female boxer responds with.  "Well, that wouldn't work because we only get paid based on---- uhhhhh.  Oh. Yeah. Nevermind."  Ya gotta assume the light bulb would come on at some point in her explanation.  

And it's also hilarious what she said about ".....heck, we'll fight 12,  3-minute rounds too so we can get paid the same as men!"   Yep lady, that's the ticket.  That's the problem viewers have. You're just not giving the duration they are looking for in a boxing match.  Make it 15,  3-minute rounds and you'll be making MORE than the men!  You solved it!

My prediction..."they" (some B-level female boxer) gets on the undercard of a Floyd Mayweather fight, and then says "Welp, I want the same the Floyd gets. I was on the card too"

Who gets paid more? Women who take it from behind in films, or guys that do? Maybe rusty knows the latter.

16 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  Ladies are tougher then men.  If you have ever seen a child birth, up front and personable, it cannot be denied. 

While I agree on childbirth, I do not believe that the female anatomy has any part as sensitive as the testicle. My wife and I have this ongoing playful debate.

The other day we were watching a basketball game and one of the Suns ended up on the floor writhing in pain.  Uh oh, says the wife.  Then they showed a replay and she said, "oh, he just took a knee to the boy parts, he's fine."  I know she was trolling me but :mad: 

:lol: