Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Snow White

I can't keep up, Snow White hasn't been canceled already has it?   Honestly if any children's book deserves to be canceled, I think this should be at the top of the list.  If other books are being cancelled for single lines, this one probably should since it's pretty much full of stereotypes and crimes

1.  The title/her name: Duh

2.  The evil stepmother (a stereotype in itself) forces Snow White to dress in rags and work as a maid (basically a slave)

3.  Pretty much the whole premise of the book is the stepmother is jealous of how beautiful Snow White is, which she must be since the Prince fell in love with her instantly because of how she looked (talk about superficial)

4.  The stepmother was so jealous that she hired a hitman to kill Snow White (wait this is a children's book, right?).  He couldn't do it so she tries to do it herself.   Then the dwarfs return the favor by making her fall off a cliff.

5.  Speaking of, the seven dwarfs (little people).  Snow White even compares their house to a doll house and thinks they must be children.  Not to mention one is named Dopey

6.  Of course, the only way to wake her up was a kiss from a stranger while she was sleeping (assault?)

The Wizard of Oz should be canceled too.  Oh wait,   they came out with a black version.  It gets a pass.

5 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The Wizard of Oz should be canceled too.  Oh wait,   they came out with a black version.  It gets a pass.

The Wiz - What I wanted to take on that movie it was so horrible.

23 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I can't wait for they try to cancel Jesus and the Bible. Sh!t going to get real then!

Can't wait for it?  Have you been paying attention? 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I can't keep up, Snow White hasn't been canceled already has it?   Honestly if any children's book deserves to be canceled, I think this should be at the top of the list.  If other books are being cancelled for single lines, this one probably should since it's pretty much full of stereotypes and crimes

1.  The title/her name: Duh

2.  The evil stepmother (a stereotype in itself) forces Snow White to dress in rags and work as a maid (basically a slave)

3.  Pretty much the whole premise of the book is the stepmother is jealous of how beautiful Snow White is, which she must be since the Prince fell in love with her instantly because of how she looked (talk about superficial)

4.  The stepmother was so jealous that she hired a hitman to kill Snow White (wait this is a children's book, right?).  He couldn't do it so she tries to do it herself.   Then the dwarfs return the favor by making her fall off a cliff.

5.  Speaking of, the seven dwarfs (little people).  Snow White even compares their house to a doll house and thinks they must be children.  Not to mention one is named Dopey

6.  Of course, the only way to wake her up was a kiss from a stranger while she was sleeping (assault?)

So, you focus on what you could be angered about instead of the actual POINT of the story?  That being, a girl who is treated unfairly can still find happiness when she has friends who care about her and help her?  That, regardless of what evils are going on in your life, you can still succeed?  That even though you go through all of this, you can still find love?

I mean, if you think about it, the rich authoritarian is the only "bad guy" in this story.  The dwarf's "(little people)", are her friends.  They're portrayed in a positive light.  You're offended that one of their names is Dopey... despite the fact that one is named "Happy" and another "Doc".

But no, your take is to try and find ways to be offended.  Well done.  :rolleyes:

Children's books and movies back then were much more hardcore and it made the people tougher.  Now the idea is to nerf the world and save people from any bad feeling physical and mental.  And well now there are more pansies than ever with no idea how to tackle a challenging situation.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, you focus on what you could be angered about instead of the actual POINT of the story?  That being, a girl who is treated unfairly can still find happiness when she has friends who care about her and help her?  That, regardless of what evils are going on in your life, you can still succeed?  That even though you go through all of this, you can still find love?

I mean, if you think about it, the rich authoritarian is the only "bad guy" in this story.  The dwarf's "(little people)", are her friends.  They're portrayed in a positive light.  You're offended that one of their names is Dopey... despite the fact that one is named "Happy" and another "Doc".

But no, your take is to try and find ways to be offended.  Well done.  :rolleyes:

LOL I'm not offended.  Was just saying if there are any children's books to be offended by, this would be the one.  Yeah the dwarfs are probably the least of the problems.    I'd say the worst part is all the talk about killing people.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

LOL I'm not offended.  Was just saying if there are any children's books to be offended by, this would be the one.  Yeah the dwarfs are probably the least of the problems.    I'd say the worst part is all the talk about killing people.

I don't watch kids movies anymore, but I'm willing to bet that to even this day, Disney is producing animated content where people are getting killed... and they're huge wokies who even cancel their own past.

47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Personally, I'm waiting for Bambi to be cancelled because a white man shot an unarmed brown deer.

The black bears rioted.  

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The black bears rioted.  

What's the one with the rabbit it tar?  That's black face!!!!