Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Stonks Market

Has taken a beating this week.

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes it has. I pulled out of all positions besides my 43 shares of draft kings

I don't see a huge crash coming so I'm staying long.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't see a huge crash coming so I'm staying long.

Maybe. Some of the people I follow and trust on Twitter think the bottom is yet to come. There will be an early 2020 type of correction at some point. Rising food prices, supply chains that haven't recovered, and the Biden administration are all flags

25 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maybe. Some of the people I follow and trust on Twitter think the bottom is yet to come. There will be an early 2020 type of correction at some point. Rising food prices, supply chains that haven't recovered, and the Biden administration are all flags

I see the economy opening up all over so I think it'll be okay... hopefully.

Biden Admin is screwing stuff up all over the place so that is a huge worry. 

Gas at 2.81 a gallon now by me.  3 is on the way. 

• Like 1

down 8k this week

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I see the economy opening up all over so I think it'll be okay... hopefully.

Idk if thats going to make a huge difference, at least in the market right now. It may take a while for positive earnings to make people feel comfortable again as a whole.

The decline last year was massive, but it was brief. Maybe we see the same thing happen again this year? Draft kings all the way down to $55/share, and that was after a high of $72 a few days ago. Plus there was the news of a partnership with UFC in the middle. If that isn't enough to drive an already promising stock then I think it shows the market is poised for a larger pull back. Just my thoughts on it anyway

31 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If Obama was credited for the market success under Trump, shouldn't we be blaming OMB, and not Joe, for any downturn.  It only seems fair.

Just now, Fireballer said:

If Obama was credited for the market success under Trump, shouldn't we be blaming OMB, and not Joe, for any downturn.  It only seems fair.

I don't think we've ever seen anything like COVID before shutting down whole economies. So I don't blame the economy as a whole on Biden. If it wasn't for COVID this would still be the Trump economy that was roaring.

I think people are point to specific things Biden is doing like putting us back into more restrictive environmental policies and treaties, shutting down pipelines which we've already seen in rising gas prices and various other EOs and plans coming out of the whitehouse.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't think we've ever seen anything like COVID before shutting down whole economies. So I don't blame the economy as a whole on Biden. If it wasn't for COVID this would still be the Trump economy that was roaring.

I think people are point to specific things Biden is doing like putting us back into more restrictive environmental policies and treaties, shutting down pipelines which we've already seen in rising gas prices and various other EOs and plans coming out of the whitehouse.

Shutting down the pipeline went over very well with union tradesmen 

• Haha 1

RCL -10%

CCL -12%

Tesla -11%

And people tell me crypto is volatile.

I am about to buy 25 disney to add to my suckfolio

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am about to buy 25 disney to add to my suckfolio

You are doing the right things Ed.  You will be very rewarded.  Maybe, just maybe you will make it to real Geek Club status.

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

You are doing the right things Ed.  You will be very rewarded.  Maybe, just maybe you will make it to real Geek Club status.

🙏

The market is showing signs of retreating from crazy overbought conditions.  A lot of times in the past, this has led to turbulence for 6-10 weeks.  No crash per se, just backing and filling.   Its not a guarantee of future results, but shows what could occur.

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I just threw some more $ into QQQ

I’m buying small and mid caps.  Those are the companies I expect the new relief bill to help most.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m buying small and mid caps.  Those are the companies I expect the new relief bill to help most.

I already had plenty in them recently (DBMAX, VB) and was just adding to my tech stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yep.  Back over $60 to fill the tank last night.  

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Has taken a beating this week.

Yeah.  The wife's 401K took a beating.  

18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah.  The wife's 401K took a beating.  

I beat up dat puzzy last night too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I beat up dat puzzy last night too.

I was gonna do a similar joke to beat you guys to the punch.  But I’m feeling generous today.  Enjoy.  

Not so sure this is over. Target for those in the know is 3666. Moved in 25% yesterday in my retirement account just in case I'm wrong. Still up 37% on my gambling account for 2021. Mark Minervini is all cash and has a short on the S&P still. On the other hand Puru Saxena is all in on stocks.

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It wont be the same speed but it will be devastating. It will destroy this current crop of Joe Retail investors. In my opinion, this sell off is simply the test to finish programming in their 'buy the dip' mentality so when the big rug pull comes, they will buy the dip all the way down and then get washed out. From what I read 4500-6000 on the S&P, they will completely wipe out Joe Retail just like the did in 2000 and 2009.

36 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Not so sure this is over. Target for those in the know is 3666. Moved in 25% yesterday in my retirement account just in case I'm wrong. Still up 37% on my gambling account for 2021. Mark Minervini is all cash and has a short on the S&P still. On the other hand Puru Saxena is all in on stocks.

It wont be the same speed but it will be devastating. It will destroy this current crop of Joe Retail investors. In my opinion, this sell off is simply the test to finish programming in their 'buy the dip' mentality so when the big rug pull comes, they will buy the dip all the way down and then get washed out. From what I read 4500-6000 on the S&P, they will completely wipe out Joe Retail just like the did in 2000 and 2009.

It's not a loss until you sell.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It's not a loss until you sell.

That being said, I'm gambling that I can get a better price next week.

MP shot up 13% Friday after beating earnings Thursday. Its a rare earth metal company that has a lot of room to grow in the stock. Its still 12% lower than its high. I can see a big move up soon, and overall MP is in great shape. The rare earth metal companies are getting a boost from federal funding, plus demand is going to sky rocket, especially with EVs becoming more common. Here is a list of the top rare earth companies

https://investorintel.com/markets/technology-metals/technology-metals-intel/kozaks-top-5-rare-earths-companies-for-2021/

Its possible rare earth metal companies become the new oil companies. There are some really cheap stocks below $10 right now

On 3/5/2021 at 7:50 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd kill for that price. $4.04 here.  :mad:

Makes sense though, I mean they have to truck it all the way from the refinery that's 20 miles away. 

14 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'd kill for that price. $4.04 here.  :mad:

Makes sense though, I mean they have to truck it all the way from the refinery that's 20 miles away. 

2.89 now. Saw a lot of 2.95’s yesterday.  Slow creep, 3.50 by the end of the summer. Book it. 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

2.89 now. Saw a lot of 2.95’s yesterday.  Slow creep, 3.50 by the end of the summer. Book it. 

That'll be $5 + out here. Glad I have that company gas card. 

I took a small position in Ford a few weeks back. They just partnered with Google to incorporate their technology into their vehicles. That plus their electric vehicle plans made me throw a few bucks their way. Up over $2/share so far. I'm long on it so we'll see how it plays out. 

On 3/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I just threw some more $ into QQQ

Thank you so much for suggesting I sell my Zoom stocks and buy SPY and QQQ. It was great advice in the end. 

6 hours ago, peenie said:

Thank you so much for suggesting I sell my Zoom stocks and buy SPY and QQQ. It was great advice in the end. 

It was?

• Haha 1