Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Post-Draft Update: Dynasty Rankings

Pretty good overall I would say, but one thing stuck out big time to me.

CeeDee Lamb as the #21 WR in dynasty? 

That's low even for redraft but for dynasty, he's easily top 10 and I wouldn't argue with a top 5 ranking.

If he's healthy and the Cowboys avoid a complete collapse at QB and on the OL like last season, I think he's a WR1 this season. Going forward, it's only going to get better.

He's the exact thing you want in a dynasty league. Over the next 10 seasons, he's as likely to have the most top 5 or top 10 finishes as anyone.

One thing about dynasty leagues, it’s all about the future. 

Thanks b

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thanks b

Exactly! Dynasty is mostly what I play, and I've been in multiple each season since about 2007.

Guys who have proven themselves in their first season or two are what it's all about.

Some big swings in there at running back.  James Robinson at 11 over Antonio Gibson, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry... I wish it would remain so, but there is probably no chance he doesn’t have significant competition next year.

Josh Jacobs at 19 seems low.  

AJ Dillon will probably shoot up draft boards.

Leveon Bell too high at 77

On 3/5/2021 at 8:05 PM, weepaws said:

Thanks b

The future ain't what it used to be.

5 hours ago, Donkey said:

The future ain't what it used to be.

It is for me. 

I prefer to win now, but that's just me.

Good news if you own A Jones on your Dynasty ff team m

He's staying in Green Bay

RB is a complete mess for dynasty.

There is nobody I feel good about.

Everyone has some pretty major concerns

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

Everyone has some pretty major concerns

I wouldn't go that far, at least not "major" concerns.

I will say ranking RBs gets difficult after about 18 and real difficult in the mid-20s.

3 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

I will say ranking RBs gets difficult after about 18 and real difficult in the mid-20s.

It should be easy, since there's no way you're going to get them "right" anyway.  There's the top three sure-fire slam-dunk RBs, then the next five or six oughta have good careers, and then after that, you might as well list them alphabetically, because they're all more dependent upon happenstance than measurables at that point anyway.

Gotta agree with the Daniel Jones ranking in at 26 but I might even have put him below Goff and Carr as well. 

• Confused 1

DJ will be way better than Justin Fields. 13? Laughable...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

DJ will be way better than Justin Fields. 13? Laughable...

Those 11 TDs he had last year was amazing. 

Only 10 INTs and well. I don't think he had any fumbles as well over the past couple years. Am I right about the fumbles? Or am I missing one?

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Those 11 TDs he had last year was amazing. 

Only 10 INTs and well. I don't think he had any fumbles as well over the past couple years. Am I right about the fumbles? Or am I missing one?

He's had less fumbles than you've had User ID names in this here forearm, eh Seafoam?

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He's had less fumbles than you've had User ID names in this here forearm, eh Seafoam?

Don't want to talk football amymore? Simply resorting to name calling now? Is this your stellar daniel jones defense? 

I would respect your comments more if you just said you got nothing and wanted to start a slap fight instead. Although....:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't want to talk football amymore? Simply resorting to name calling now? Is this your stellar daniel jones defense? 

I would respect your comments more if you just said you got nothing and wanted to start a slap fight instead. Although....:dunno:

I still don't understand how calling you by a former User ID name that YOU chose is name calling but I digress. I will bet you Daniel Jones has a higher Total QBR than Fields this season. I know you don't have the stones, but I'll be here if you ever grow a pair...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I still don't understand how calling you by a former User ID name that YOU chose is name calling but I digress. I will bet you Daniel Jones has a higher Total QBR than Fields this season. I know you don't have the stones, but I'll be here if you ever grow a pair...

Ok. Live in your dream land. Whatever gets you off.

But, I'm not going to bet because I don't even know if Fields will play this year and having a 0 QBR for not playing is still worse than daniel's amazing career high of 61.5 QBR.

That’s what I thought. Class dismissed...

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That’s what I thought. Class dismissed...

What did you do to teach the class? Bet me that a rookie who may not play all year can't beat a 60 QBR player?

Good one. You win.

Let's talk football again if you have the attention span or the tolerance for having your fave QB being called out for his faults.

Josh Jacobs as the  #21 RB was the most shocking to me.  I have him rated higher and would be interested in hearing your comments on that player 

I enjoyed the lists and it is a fantastic template to go with this time of year.

Thank you Mike and Doug

3 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Josh Jacobs as the  #21 RB was the most shocking to me.  I have him rated higher and would be interested in hearing your comments on that player 

I enjoyed the lists and it is a fantastic template to go with this time of year.

Thank you Mike and Doug

Appreciate it.

Jacobs is down only two spots from where I had him in March (before the Raiders added Drake).

My primary concerns for Jacobs (and why he is ranked RB21) center primarily on the amount of involvement I expect Drake to have and the rebuilt offensive line. The o-line rebuild probably needed to happen in the next year or so anyway, but I'm not sure how I feel about that interior line (I'm assuming Leatherwood will be a solid RT) of LG Denzelle Good, C Andre James and either John Simpson or Richie Incognito at RG.

It'd be one thing if Jacobs was a rookie coming into that situation. He might be in the last year of his four-year rookie contract when Vegas gets it fixed (if even then). Drake is signed through next year to boot, so I think his ceiling is more capped now than it was before.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Smileseers said:

Thank you Mike and Doug

I'm thinking along the lines of guru. 

That line got completely blown up, so we have no idea what it will look like. He went hard after Drake and is still gushing over him. It almost seems like Gruden doesn't even have faith or like Jacobs.

I'm gonna be real curious to see how they look this year. It's kinda like Gruden has a RB, and a QB, buuuuuut, doesn't really like either all that much. And would easily move on.

It just seems chaotic down there.

If you look back when the Raiders first hired Drake, I said than that’s going to be a big blow to Jacobs ff value and his production, I think Drake is going to even take goal line work from to e to t8me from Jacobs. 

Right now Jacobs is one the hardest players for me to rank. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Drake is going to even take goal line work from to e to t8me from Jacobs.

What?

5 hours ago, nobody said:

What?

Second Base. 

20 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Would you be comfortable with Joe Burrow as your dynasty QB?   FFT has him ranked at #9. 

Abso-freakin-lutely.

The only reasons he wasn't higher in my rankings at the time were his knee and o-line. I traded for him this spring to be my QB1 on a definite title contender while we await some resolution with Watson. Also drafted Trey Lance.

• Like 1