Sign in to follow this  
Strike

UFC 259

I put money on Jan to win. Issy is great but he's giving up what 20lbs? 

I also don't see Jan playing around like paulo. I expect him to go in and attack while keeping izzy on the run.

If the fight goes the distance izzy wins on points. Anything else will be a win by Jan

Izzy by dec is +250. I dont mind that.  I could see him stopping Jan if Jan is aggressive.   But I like the decision line.

Jan is definitely a live dog though.  

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Izzy by dec is +250. I dont mind that.  I could see him stopping Jan if Jan is aggressive.   But I like the decision line.

Jan is definitely a live dog though.  

I put money on Jan at +205 a couple of weeks ago. The line has been bet down to +185.

I'm not a fan of Izzy at all and hoping he loses.

Megan Anderson is +600

She's going to lose but I can't pass up those odds.

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I put money on Jan at +205 a couple of weeks ago. The line has been bet down to +185.

I'm not a fan of Izzy at all and hoping he loses.

Yea im not much of an izzy fan either.  

I wouldn't be shocked if Jan won.  His late career run is impressive.   Guys in their late 30s dont usually take their game to a higher level.  

That said a blown up MW in Thiago Santos just stopped him 2 years ago.  Jan will have to make it messy and try to get him on the ground each round I think.  With his power he is live for a KO shot but he is going against the hardest guy to pull that off on right now.

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yea im not much of an izzy fan either.  

I wouldn't be shocked if Jan won.  His late career run is impressive.   Guys in their late 30s dont usually take their game to a higher level.  

That said a blown up MW in Thiago Santos just stopped him 2 years ago.  Jan will have to make it messy and try to get him on the ground each round I think.  With his power he is live for a KO shot but he is going against the hardest guy to pull that off on right now.

Every izzy fight I watch his opponent fights scared. I don't think Jan is scared and goes right after him 

31 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Every izzy fight I watch his opponent fights scared. I don't think Jan is scared and goes right after him 

Yeah maybe but I think that is what izzy wants.  His style is countering.  Thats why when Romero wasnt aggressive nothing happened because izzy refuses to lead because hes a counter puncher.  

Jan is 38 and his late career run has been impressive.  But to take a closer look at his recent fights.  Reyes KO was impressive.  He KOd Corey Anderson who is a solid wrestler now with Bellator.  Went to a 5 round split with Jacare a 40 year old middleweight.  KOd Rockhold a 185er who was just KOd stiff 2 out of 3 fights prior.  Then he was stopped by Thiago Santos a blown up 185er.

So Jan is a strong individual.  But this idea that Izzy is moving up to 205 is a bit over blown.  Jan jas been fighting 185ers quite often...albeit winning most of them.  None as good as Izzy.

Jan is live I just think he cant and doesnt want to make it a straight up kickboxing match.  He needs to clinch and catch him off a break or something.  

Just my opinion anyway

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah maybe but I think that is what izzy wants.  His style is countering.  Thats why when Romero wasnt aggressive nothing happened because izzy refuses to lead because hes a counter puncher.  

Jan is 38 and his late career run has been impressive.  But to take a closer look at his recent fights.  Reyes KO was impressive.  He KOd Corey Anderson who is a solid wrestler now with Bellator.  Went to a 5 round split with Jacare a 40 year old middleweight.  KOd Rockhold a 185er who was just KOd stiff 2 out of 3 fights prior.  Then he was stopped by Thiago Santos a blown up 185er.

So Jan is a strong individual.  But this idea that Izzy is moving up to 205 is a bit over blown.  Jan jas been fighting 185ers quite often...albeit winning most of them.  None as good as Izzy.

Jan is live I just think he cant and doesnt want to make it a straight up kickboxing match.  He needs to clinch and catch him off a break or something.  

Just my opinion anyway

I don't disagree

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Sterling by dec is a juicy +325

I'm in.

28 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Having no luck with the crack. Hint hint..any other streams?

this, I'm about 5 minutes from getting the ppv 

I don't post links in threads out of respect for Mike, but I've sent PM's with a stream to both of you.

Had to flip to a couple different things. All good thanks. Main card is hot GARBAGE compared to the prelims 

That chick was terrified and had no chance. That was  hand picked for a Nunez beat down. 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That chick was terrified and had no chance. That was  hand picked for a Nunez beat down. 

They just simply ran out of people for her to fight.  She's just that far above anyone else.  As they said, maybe Valentina would be a good fight.