57 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

To quote Winston Churchill, Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.

Let's be real... I consider myself a fairly intelligent educated man. I have two degrees, one in law and one in political science.

That said, there are many issues that I'll frankly admit I have no business weighing in on. International trade deals, for example.

Whenever I hear some high school dropout that lives in assisted housing pontificating about things like nafta or tarp or a host of other issues, I roll my eyes.

But today, it's even worse. He who controls the media (both social and traditional) controls all. Anyone who isn't trying hard to ignore it can plainly see how the media buried Trump, twisting quotes out of context, blasting him for things they ignore under Obama and Biden. 

For four years they were bound and determined to hang the racist label on him, and it worked. Ask people what he did or said that makes him racist... They have no good response.

At this point, we are an oligarchy. The dozen guys who control the media, and the couple of dozen billionaires, they rule this country. The democracy is just a dog and pony show. 

Why can’t someone weigh in on something like nafta? It hurt our country and it’s not hard to figure out why or how, and who benefited. We live in the super charged age of information. Those that seek information have it at their fingertips, no lectures or inexperienced academics droning on necessary. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

The overwhelming majority of supposedly “educated” voters are partisan drones who get their received ideas from CNN and FOX. I’ll take my chances with the unwashed masses.

Problem is that the 'unwashed masses' get their information from CNN and FOX.

I wish someone would let the rest of us in on the unbiased, fact based news sources they get their news from. They never seem to tell us that part, just that the sources you get it from are just the worst. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Republicans lost because shotgunning out mail-in ballots enabled a bunch of second-handers to vote who were otherwise too lazy to vote.  That pushed things over the edge, unless you believe 80M people were enthralled with a doddering old fool with dementia.  If mail-in stays, the debate of topics or philosophies is over — elections will become middle-school campaigns, with battles to offer more free stuff.  As a bonus, people are leaving large blue states in droves because liberal policies are destroying the cities, but those idiots are voting for liberals in their new states.  America had a nice run.  :( 

Only 74 million voted for the dottering old fool with dementia…

You really are sticking to the BS about Mail-in votes being fraudulent… despite no evidence, and 50+ lost court cases. Why would anybody who believes in democracy NOT want it to be easy to vote? 

Edited by dogcows
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

For four years they were bound and determined to hang the racist label on him, and it worked. Ask people what he did or said that makes him racist... They have no good response.

Mexicans are rapists, China virus, Kung flu, thugs, Pocahontas, very fine people on both sides, 💩-hole countries, total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US….

Those are off the top of my head. If you don’t think those statements are racist, then you might be a racist too.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why can’t someone weigh in on something like nafta? It hurt our country and it’s not hard to figure out why or how, and who benefited. We live in the super charged age of information. Those that seek information have it at their fingertips, no lectures or inexperienced academics droning on necessary. 

Trump re-negotiated NAFTA right? What did he do differently?

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Trump re-negotiated NAFTA right? What did he do differently?

If you have to ask.....but it passed 90-10. Let me know when Biden does that. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you have to ask.....

I could read about it myself but I thought perhaps since you brought it up, you might have a few highlights in mind….

Just now, dogcows said:

I could read about it myself but I thought perhaps since you brought it up, you might have a few highlights in mind….

You read up on it. It’s not hard. The fact that you don’t know why it sucked and how it hurt our country means you don’t pay attention to policy. Mmmmuh racism. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because it and most things in government are massive intricate documents that are many thousands of pages.

Most people who pontificate about it have never glanced at it and know nothing about it except for whatever their pundit of choice, who also probably knows next to nothing about it, said.

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Mexicans are rapists, China virus, Kung flu, thugs, Pocahontas, very fine people on both sides, 💩-hole countries, total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US….

Those are off the top of my head. If you don’t think those statements are racist, then you might be a racist too.

He never said Mexicans are rapists. That's a prime example of the media twisting things for their own ends.

China virus and kung flu? What's racist about that? The virus came from here because of their filthy practices.

Pocahantas? She lied and pretended to be a minority for her own gain. He made fun of her. Which one is really the racist here? 

There was never a complete ban on Muslims. There was a temporary ban from certain countries for security reasons.

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Because it and most things in government are massive intricate documents that are many thousands of pages.

Most people who pontificate about it have never glanced at it and know nothing about it except for whatever their pundit of choice, who also probably knows next to nothing about it, said.

Disagree. Maybe when it was first passed  that might be the case, but years out and you can put a finger on the results it’s not hard to figure out the cause and affect. NAFTA made it attractive for manufacturing to leave the united states and set up shop in Mexico. The stipulations that were put in about wages and environmental concerns were not adhered to, which basically broke the treaty. Trump made it better. Not  perfect or what I would have liked to see, but better than the original. It may end up being all for naught, because we have a president now who is a tool of Wall Street and corporations and will probably just not enforce the new terms. 

28 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Only 74 million voted for the dottering old fool with dementia…

You really are sticking to the BS about Mail-in votes being fraudulent… despite no evidence, and 50+ lost court cases. Why would anybody who believes in democracy NOT want it to be easy to vote? 

If you are going to debate with me, at least do me the courtesy of reading my post.  I said nothing in that post about mail-in votes being fraudulent.  Otherwise good job, good effort.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disagree. Maybe when it was first passed  that might be the case, but years out and you can put a finger on the results it’s not hard to figure out the cause and affect. NAFTA made it attractive for manufacturing to leave the united states and set up shop in Mexico. The stipulations that were put in about wages and environmental concerns were not adhered to, which basically broke the treaty. Trump made it better. Not  perfect or what I would have liked to see, but better than the original. It may end up being all for naught, because we have a president now who is a tool of Wall Street and corporations and will probably just not enforce the new terms. 

But you have to look at something like nafta in the bigger picture. Globalization was happening. No stopping it. What would today look like without it? 

I tend to think poorly of nafta myself, but I recognize that my opinion is pretty uninformed. I'm far from an expert in that arena.

And anyway, I just chose that example at random. Use whatever else. 

NAFTA was bipartisan, which should have been a red flag. One side saw cheap labor, lower controls, the other side saw an opportunity to create new markets. Greed on both sides.  

Can someone quickly and clearly tell me why this is so bad?  All I can find online is either "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" or "IT SAVES THE WORLD!"

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

All I can find online is either "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" or "IT SAVES THE WORLD!"

If you feel like there should be no restrictions on who gets to vote, and by what means, than it's a great thing.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If you feel like there should be no restrictions on who gets to vote, and by what means, than it's a great thing.

So the bill has no restrictions on who can vote and they can vote however they want?  A baby can scribble his vote in crayon and send it in via homing pigeon?

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So the bill has no restrictions on who can vote and they can vote however they want?  A baby can scribble his vote in crayon and send it in via homing pigeon?

You've obviously made up your mind and your question really wasn't serious, so, go read it.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You've obviously made up your mind and your question really wasn't serious, so, go read it.

I havent made up my mind.  I'm looking for real facts.  They are hard to come by in this environment.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I havent made up my mind.  I'm looking for real facts.  They are hard to come by in this environment.

It's literally pasted all over the internet.  Dems favor it because it benefits them.  Republicans aren't in favor because it doesn't benefit them.

16 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

He never said Mexicans are rapists. That's a prime example of the media twisting things for their own ends.

China virus and kung flu? What's racist about that? The virus came from here because of their filthy practices.

Pocahantas? She lied and pretended to be a minority for her own gain. He made fun of her. Which one is really the racist here? 

There was never a complete ban on Muslims. There was a temporary ban from certain countries for security reasons.

Nobody at the KKK meeting thinks they are racists either. This response was so predictable... If Trump said the N-word every 30 seconds, you would find a way to explain that away too.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Nobody at the KKK meeting thinks they are racists either. This response was so predictable... If Trump said the N-word every 30 seconds, you would find a way to explain that away too.

How about Bidens racist comments? And deeds? 

23 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about Bidens racist comments? And deeds? 

Sure, give me a list comparable to the one I posted concerning Trump and we can discuss the merits of each.

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Sure, give me a list comparable to the one I posted concerning Trump and we can discuss the merits of each.

Mexican isn’t a race.  Mexico is a country. 

On 3/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, dogcows said:

Like biden dropping nagger a week after saying black and brown people are too stupid to use the internet?

On 3/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, dogcows said:

You're almost as gullible as Rusty. It's a complete list of fake news for idiots.

Good work.

55 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You're almost as gullible as Rusty. It's a complete list of fake news for idiots.

Good work.

no doubt

Pocahontas is racist?

how is the Virus from China racist?

was he mad when Creepy Joe called the new virus the UK Virus?  How about the African Variant?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Good work.

I used to think he was serious but I've figured it out. That's his shtick. He's "Worst Possible Take Guy."

Nobody could possibly be so illinformed yet so adamant that they're the one with all of the answers. 

It's actually pretty funny when you think about it. :D

Gotta give him props for staying in character. He hasn't dropped the act for a second since he got here.  :cheers:

17 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no doubt

Pocahontas is racist?

how is the Virus from China racist?

was he mad when Creepy Joe called the new virus the UK Virus?  How about the African Variant?

See, y’all prove the point for me; really saves me the trouble when you indicate that obviously racist stuff isn’t “racist” to you. Oscar the grouch doesn’t think trash smells either because he lives in it. Same principle.

59 minutes ago, dogcows said:

See, y’all prove the point for me; really saves me the trouble when you indicate that obviously racist stuff isn’t “racist” to you. Oscar the grouch doesn’t think trash smells either because he lives in it. Same principle.

Why do you keep calling everyone racist when you’re racist yourself? 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

how is Pocahantus racist? Someone who pretends to be an Indian to get everything she has in life should be far more offensive than someone calling her out on it

how is calling a virus from China the China Virus racist, but calling the virus from the UK the UK Variant not?

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how is Pocahantus racist? Someone who pretends to be an Indian to get everything she has in life should be far more offensive than someone calling her out on it

how is calling a virus from China the China Virus racist, but calling the virus from the UK the UK Variant not?

You’re not fooling anyone. But let’s assume for a minute you’re serious and honestly don’t know how racist that stuff is:

The Pocahontas comment:
https://www.theroot.com/why-calling-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-is-racist-expl-1820802836

And the China flu and “kung flu” comments have led directly to violence against Asian people. I can’t imagine anybody BUT another racist defending this stuff.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-pacific-heart/202003/calling-covid-19-chinese-virus-or-kung-flu-is-racist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia_and_racism_related_to_the_COVID-19_pandemic#United_States

https://www.rd.com/article/anti-asian-racism-violence-pandemic/

If you were Asian or Native American and experienced mistreatment or outright violence, you might have a different viewpoint. But as long as it doesn’t affect you personally, you don’t give a 💩 right? That is a sadly typical point of view these days…. “I got mine, f— y’all!”

I wonder if using the term “white privilege” has led to any violence against white people? Any reasonable person would have to say it has. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wonder if using the term “white privilege” has led to any violence against white people? Any reasonable person would have to say it has. 

Omg give me an f-ing break. Yeah there’s a big problem with racial violence against white people. The world’s smallest violin is playing you a sonata right now.

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Omg give me an f-ing break. Yeah there’s a big problem with racial violence against white people. The world’s smallest violin is playing you a sonata right now.

Oh, so it doesn’t happen? 

15 minutes ago, dogcows said:

As a matter of fact there is a huge problem with racial violence against white people. 

49 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You’re not fooling anyone. But let’s assume for a minute you’re serious and honestly don’t know how racist that stuff is:

The Pocahontas comment:
https://www.theroot.com/why-calling-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-is-racist-expl-1820802836

And the China flu and “kung flu” comments have led directly to violence against Asian people. I can’t imagine anybody BUT another racist defending this stuff.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-pacific-heart/202003/calling-covid-19-chinese-virus-or-kung-flu-is-racist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia_and_racism_related_to_the_COVID-19_pandemic#United_States

https://www.rd.com/article/anti-asian-racism-violence-pandemic/

If you were Asian or Native American and experienced mistreatment or outright violence, you might have a different viewpoint. But as long as it doesn’t affect you personally, you don’t give a 💩 right? That is a sadly typical point of view these days…. “I got mine, f— y’all!”

sure it has, calling it the China Virus is the reason

the biggest perpetrators of crime against Asians are black people