Mike Isles

Depressing focking news to ruin your week thread 3/5/21

Got to see a girl I hadn't seen in a couple of years.  We instinctively had to hug when we met up.  Had to hug again when we left.  Seeing her later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Got to see a girl I hadn't seen in a couple of years.  We instinctively had to hug when we met up.  Had to huge again when we left.  Seeing her later.

Dude. Rules. Really ?

Can Size ???  :mad:

I work for a channel partner for a large engineering SW company.  They make us do certification tests every 6 months to show we know about the new releases.  The tests involve deep engineering topics including structural mechanics, high frequency antennas, and computational fluid dynamics.  There is no way a typical non-engineer channel sales person could possibly know or even learn all of this stuff.  

Anyway, in a large meeting last week the mothership put up statistics of where channel partners were in their certifications.  My company was an 0-fer, not a good look.  Afterward one of the principals (really nice guy) suggested we get a move on doing them.  Only problem was, I. Hadn’t completed the “base” carts yet, which are even longer and harder.  That pesky cancer thing got in the way shortly after I had joined the company.

Anyway, in the past 2 weeks I passed all of the base certs (4) and 2 of the 5 update certs (one doesn’t have a corresponding base, not sure why).  Each one took the better part of 1/2 day to prep for and take.  All while doing my day job of trying to sell this stuff.  I was hella busy, hence why you didn’t see my shining avatar that often recently.  :thumbsup:  

• Thanks 1

I learned that my wife has breast cancer.  Fuuuuuccccckkkkkk.

Top that one muthafockas. :cry:

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Damn.  Sorry.  You guys have been through some sh1t recently.  My sister and both of my cousins and my aunt have been through it.  My sister is currently healing from a double mastectomy.  

Best of luck to your wife. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Damn. Sorry to hear. :(

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Damn.  Sorry.  You guys have been through some sh1t recently.  My sister and both of my cousins and my aunt have been through it.  My sister is currently healing from a double mastectomy.  

Best of luck to your wife. 

Thanks.  Thankfully they caught it wicked early as she's done regular screenings due to family history.  We'll learn more once we meet with the various oncologists next week.  Now I get to experience cancer from the other side.  This side scares me more. 

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

Perfect excuse for some new bolt-ons. :banana:

Also, sorry man. :(

Hope you caught it early and everything works out. 

ETA: just saw your post above. Glad you caught it early. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DonS said:

I thought I felt a lump last time I visited  :ninja:

Dude we joke. This no joke. Seriously hope for the best possible outcome. You are a good dude. I get the feeling of the other side as well  - I’d rather it be me then her.

• Thanks 1

I bought more Bitcoin.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I thought I felt a lump last time I visited  :ninja:

Dude we joke. This no joke. Seriously hope for the best possible outcome. You are a good dude. I get the feeling of the other side as well  - I’d rather it be me then her.

When was your last exam?  

5 hours ago, DonS said:

The shirt is in the mail by the way, got it out yesterday.  Thanks again and best of luck to your wife.  :cheers:  

• Thanks 1

Had my nieces 14th bday party last night. First time seeing my BIL in 2 weeks and I almost cried when I saw him. He looked nothing like my BIL. Face and arms were really skinny, legs we swollen so bad they looked like tree trunks, cognitive ability wasn’t all there. I immediately thought he’s gonna pass soon cause that’s how all the patients I took care of on the cancer ward were like before passing. Now tonight they believe he is going to pass. Honestly, right now I feel like I could either breakdown or drink until I pass out. I don’t know. Not really handling it well. Neither is my niece and nephew

28 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Had my nieces 14th bday party last night. First time seeing my BIL in 2 weeks and I almost cried when I saw him. He looked nothing like my BIL. Face and arms were really skinny, legs we swollen so bad they looked like tree trunks, cognitive ability wasn’t all there. I immediately thought he’s gonna pass soon cause that’s how all the patients I took care of on the cancer ward were like before passing. Now tonight they believe he is going to pass. Honestly, right now I feel like I could either breakdown or drink until I pass out. I don’t know. Not really handling it well. Neither is my niece and nephew

Sorry to hear. F V C K cancer. We bust each other’s balls but this is real life and I feel for you D. Hate to hear kids losing dad as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Sorry to hear. F V C K cancer. We bust each other’s balls but this is real life and I feel for you D. Hate to hear kids losing dad as well. 

Mike, maybe you should rename this thread the "depressing focking news to ruin your week" thread?  :lol:

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Another summer of sh1t is coming up. We'll kick that punk ass cancer to the curb once again, though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

Mike, maybe you should rename this thread the "depressing focking news to ruin your week" thread?  :lol:

Done brother. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Thanks man. I really do appreciate it. Since I was 4-5 years old my sister and him were together. They dated in HS and got married. So he’s always been part of the family since I can remember. Only 45 years old. His kids arent even out of high school yet. Nicest guy you’ll ever meet and would literally give you the shirt off his back. I hate to see it happen to someone like him and so young 😭

What a sh*tty thread this turned into. No wonder the name change.

Well wishes to both Djgb and Don S.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Right ? In what world can D and DonS bring tears to my eyes. 
Stay strong brothers. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hadn't opened this thread.  Sorry to hear about the cancer issues.  Fock cancer.  T&P's to both of you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

Hadn't opened this thread.  Sorry to hear about the cancer issues.  Fock cancer.  T&P's to both of you.

Was supposed to be happy/positive thread but in response to DonS and D it evolved. Fock Cancer

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I work for a channel partner for a large engineering SW company.  They make us do certification tests every 6 months to show we know about the new releases.  The tests involve deep engineering topics including structural mechanics, high frequency antennas, and computational fluid dynamics.  There is no way a typical non-engineer channel sales person could possibly know or even learn all of this stuff.  

Anyway, in a large meeting last week the mothership put up statistics of where channel partners were in their certifications.  My company was an 0-fer, not a good look.  Afterward one of the principals (really nice guy) suggested we get a move on doing them.  Only problem was, I. Hadn’t completed the “base” carts yet, which are even longer and harder.  That pesky cancer thing got in the way shortly after I had joined the company.

Anyway, in the past 2 weeks I passed all of the base certs (4) and 2 of the 5 update certs (one doesn’t have a corresponding base, not sure why).  Each one took the better part of 1/2 day to prep for and take.  All while doing my day job of trying to sell this stuff.  I was hella busy, hence why you didn’t see my shining avatar that often recently.  :thumbsup:  

Nice!!! That is awesome. 

15 hours ago, DonS said:

Sorry to hear that .

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Man Sorry to see this too.

When the best news in the thread comes from the guy with cancer, we have a problem. Prayers to all of you, make today a good day.

First time I am seeing this thread. Bummer. Fock cancer.

DonS - your wife will kick its ass. Treatments are so good now. My mom has been dealing with Stage 4 for a longer time than she was supposed to be able to (7+ years) and is living a very active life in her mid-70’s.

Djgb13 - sorry to hear about the turn for your BIL. It shows how fragile life is and how we must live each day to its fullest.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

When the best news in the thread comes from the guy with cancer, we have a problem. Prayers to all of you, make today a good day.

:lol: So true. Jerry could certainly use the boost from catching the wave up.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DonS said:

Yuck..sorry to hear.

Well my BIL is still alive today but honestly he doesn’t have much longer left. I can tell you now from experience he will probably pass sometime in the next week or two if not the next day or two. My poor sister is a wreck. She has to constantly change the bandages on his legs and won’t let me or anyone else do it. Insists on doing it herself. She’s scared if she took him to the doctors a few weeks ago for his feet that they would amputate them because of how bad they the wounds are from just poor circulation and swelling. It apparently smells bad because she gags from it every time. 

He reminded me so much of every patient I took care of that passed away on the cancer ward. I’ve seen countless people go from their normal selves to a shell of who they were and it never gets easier to see it 

I found out my 17 shares of binance token spiked from $40/token to $240/token. So I sold them into bitcoin. #winning

38 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Well my BIL is still alive today but honestly he doesn’t have much longer left. I can tell you now from experience he will probably pass sometime in the next week or two if not the next day or two. My poor sister is a wreck. She has to constantly change the bandages on his legs and won’t let me or anyone else do it. Insists on doing it herself. She’s scared if she took him to the doctors a few weeks ago for his feet that they would amputate them because of how bad they the wounds are from just poor circulation and swelling. It apparently smells bad because she gags from it every time. 

He reminded me so much of every patient I took care of that passed away on the cancer ward. I’ve seen countless people go from their normal selves to a shell of who they were and it never gets easier to see it 

What kind of cancer ? 

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

What kind of cancer ? 

Started out as colon cancer. Beat it once. Came back and was told he only had a few months to live. Beat it again. Came back. Given few months to live again. Lived a few more years before it started progressing. Now it spread to his lungs, lymph nodes, and bones. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Started out as colon cancer. Beat it once. Came back and was told he only had a few months to live. Beat it again. Came back. Given few months to live again. Lived a few more years before it started progressing. Now it spread to his lungs, lymph nodes, and bones. 

Holy crap. Terrible story.